Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes 2015

Comments

• 16-1 off 5 overs
  • I think it is safe to say that we have "doctored" this wicket so as not to suit their bowling attack. Good work I say.
  • After reading of his form at St Lawrence a year or two back I look forward to Chirpy striding out to bat later.

:-)
  • Blimey, Lyon comes on after just nine overs. Couldn't see Cook bringing on a spinner in these circumstances.
  • Probably a "put up or shut up" call after we have said we will attack Lyon.
  • Lyon bowls a maiden.

34-1 after 10. Honours even at this early stage.
  • I know I've asked this question before but have we ever had, prior to the last year, seven left handers in our line up?
  • Cook definitely looking to attack Lyon
  • Chizz said:

Quick question before it starts: who faced the last ball in Ashes cricket? No googling!

I thought it was anderson being bowled by Johnson
  • Cook batting well, conditions not great
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh dear. Straight after the drinks break Cook (20) cuts Lyon into the gloves of Haddin.

42-2
  • Carter said:

Chizz said:

Quick question before it starts: who faced the last ball in Ashes cricket? No googling!

It was Boyd Rankin, last man caught at Sydney, 18 months ago...
  • Carter said:

Cook batting well, conditions not great

;-(
  • Carter said:

Chizz said:

Apparently it was Boyd Rankin. If anyone remembers him!
  • Bell out LBW
  • 43-3

Oh dear. Bell should no longer be in the England side in my opinion
  • Once again poor young Root has to come in and rescue us from a dire situation.
  • Bell out LBW

Did they review? Looked to be drifting wide to me.
  • I think it is safe to say that we have "doctored" this wicket so as not to suit their bowling attack. Good work I say.

Hmm

After the excitement of the NZ series, with pacey bouncy pitches producing exciting cricket, now we have a turgid slow one
  • Sponsored links:

• Bell out LBW

Did they review? Looked to be drifting wide to me.
    They didn't but it would have been "umpires call" so the decision would have stood.

Not working so far is it?
  • I know this is an early call, but I am going with... "How does it feel to drop the Ashes, Brad?"

;-)
  • Do we have a decent batter to replace Bell? He really is passed his best.
  • Blimey, Lyon comes on after just nine overs. Couldn't see Cook bringing on a spinner in these circumstances.

And that's probably why Clarke is a proactive captain and Cook is a reactive one.

Lyon is taken off with figures of 1-1
  • Pedro45 said:

Do we have a decent batter to replace Bell? He really is passed his best.

Whisper it softly but on this seasons form Sam Northeast might be a contender
  • Root is such a fantastic cricketer. It's a shame we have to rely on him so heavily!
  • LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

As much as I like Sam; Bairstow, Morgan, Taylor, Hales plus probably a few more would all be ahead of him.
  • LenGlover said:

Pedro45 said:

As much as I like Sam; Bairstow, Morgan, Taylor, Hales plus probably a few more would all be ahead of him.
    I was slightly tongue in cheek suggesting Sam but yes Bairstow must be next in line if we ignore the South African Elephant In The Room.
  • edited July 2015
    55-3

Hazlewood goes for 12 in one over, 11 of which are scored by Root.