Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crossrail

Comments

• Options
    I met mates near the Angel tube station on Saturday.  Used the Elizabeth Line and tfl advised change at Liverpool Street and walk to Moorgate. To my surprise the two stations were linked underground ie you did not have to exit the station. Is this new, due to the new line or have they always been linked?

If new are there other link ups along the Elizabeth Line? 
    Farringdon & Barbican are now also linked.
    The Moorgate/Liverpool St link opened with Crossrail.
  • Options
    I met mates near the Angel tube station on Saturday.  Used the Elizabeth Line and tfl advised change at Liverpool Street and walk to Moorgate. To my surprise the two stations were linked underground ie you did not have to exit the station. Is this new, due to the new line or have they always been linked?

If new are there other link ups along the Elizabeth Line? 
    ooo nice, didn't know that. Still, i enjoyed my walks between moorgate and liverpool street.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Just looking at various routes into London for when I go back into the Office on Thursdays

Because of School Holidays, its possible I'll have to drop my Son at my parents (Bexleyheath) before getting the train in from there - Using the Elizabeth Line looks a lot cheaper than SouthEastern (£8.30 return, instead of £13), as will need to get to Tower Hill.

So route will basically be Abbey Wood > Whitechapel > Tower Hill, with a change on the District Line.

Any idea what street parking is like around Abbey Wood these days... I accept I'll have to walk about 10-15mins to the Station, as thats the norm with stations now - But looking on Street View it looks like New Road by Lesnes Abbey (further up the hill) is one option, yet was wondering if there were any other suggestions?
  • Options
    Have a look at the Just Park app, Sainsburys next door sell all day spaces for about a fiver 
  • Options
    Just looking at various routes into London for when I go back into the Office on Thursdays

Because of School Holidays, its possible I'll have to drop my Son at my parents (Bexleyheath) before getting the train in from there - Using the Elizabeth Line looks a lot cheaper than SouthEastern (£8.30 return, instead of £13), as will need to get to Tower Hill.

So route will basically be Abbey Wood > Whitechapel > Tower Hill, with a change on the District Line.

Any idea what street parking is like around Abbey Wood these days... I accept I'll have to walk about 10-15mins to the Station, as thats the norm with stations now - But looking on Street View it looks like New Road by Lesnes Abbey (further up the hill) is one option, yet was wondering if there were any other suggestions?
    Ask Clive.
  • Options
    i'm travelling Tuesday  (or planned to be) london-oxford - 4 different trains... hotel booked (not my money but still) starting to wonder if it is gonna happen. 
  • Options

There is a car park no more than 50 yards away, under the flyover in Gayton Road.
    2 minutes walk away.
    It looks a fairly large car park, but I don't know how packed it gets in busy times.
  • Options
    Pubs now depend on average joes/randomers coming in. I doubt any pub open in London nowadays can afford to have regulars who stare at anyone who comes through the door and break into fights.
    I'm sure this is true. Pubs with regulars are probably a turn off and can no longer be sustained by those regulars. Also, it seems you need half decent food to be sustainable.
  • Options

I parked on new road for an event qt lesnes abbey Lodge a month or so ago. No idea how busy it gets on week days though.
  • Options

Station Progress: Bond Street (July 2022)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nC4iT-gaFI
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    went whitechapel > Canary wharf on saturday and it was a joy. Definitely need more rail links like this.
  • Options
    clive said:

Station Progress: Bond Street (July 2022)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nC4iT-gaFI
    Bond Street is and always has been a shit-show when it comes to upgrade works. The station capacity work also dragged on well beyond the expected delivery dates and it's proved again what a pain in the rear end it is.

2nd October is the 'new' commissioning date that everyone is working to. Be very surprised if that's hit.
  • Options
    Is 2nd October the date for through running out of the core to Shenfield and Heathrow? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Is 2nd October the date for through running out of the core to Shenfield and Heathrow? 
    It's the date that the station is due to open/be handed over to LU. Plenty of hurdles to jump first, though. Would assume that means fleet are also operational. Will try and find out as fleet isn't my area of expertise but know a few people in that domain so will see what they say.
  • Options
    The key date is the handover to TfL control when their staff start running the station in background mode. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    The key date is the handover to TfL control when their staff start running the station in background mode. 
    Yes. You have BIU (the date you're referring to, which is Bring In to Use) and DIS (Delivery In to Service) dates. The DIS date is the 2nd October this year.

BIU can only be achieved when all the relevant paperwork and assurance documentation has been passed across and NOWRI's signed off by LU.
  • Options
    Took the train to paddington on saturday, noticed that, to go towards Reading you have to go into the main station and pick up the train there whch i assume runs on older track. Is that how it will always be or will you able to go straight through with no changes?
  • Options
    Took the train to paddington on saturday, noticed that, to go towards Reading you have to go into the main station and pick up the train there whch i assume runs on older track. Is that how it will always be or will you able to go straight through with no changes?
    Once through running starts in October/November you'll be able to catch a single train from Abbey Wood to Reading, you'll come out of the new tunnels at Westbourne Park and join the existing Great Western main line 
  • Options
    the elizabeth line rail out west has been in use for years (since around the time crossrail was originally due to be open, around 2018ish)
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Yes. You have BIU (the date you're referring to, which is Bring In to Use) and DIS (Delivery In to Service) dates. The DIS date is the 2nd October this year.

BIU can only be achieved when all the relevant paperwork and assurance documentation has been passed across and NOWRI's signed off by LU.
    Want a bet? When the pressure is on NOWRIs mean jack shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ROTW said:
    Crusty54 said:

Want a bet? When the pressure is on NOWRIs mean jack shit
    Depends on the discipline. Fire systems are never signed off without NOWRIs having been completed.

But, yeah, I know where you're coming from 👍🏻
  • Options
    I am just about to move to the borough and this would be great but it's been talked about for so long. Even if it did get the go ahead what would it be? 10 years away?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I am just about to move to the borough and this would be great but it's been talked about for so long. Even if it did get the go ahead what would it be? 10 years away?
    Would you really prefer a small train in tunnels to a faster train on the surface?

The extension is really aimed at the new homes along the Old Kent Road corridor.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Would you really prefer a small train in tunnels to a faster train on the surface?

The extension is really aimed at the new homes along the Old Kent Road corridor.
    I think the only time the bakerloo would make sense would be coming back from town at night and rather waiting half hour for trains from a specific station. That said though more transport options is always better.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    colthe3rd said:

Easier connections to different parts of London, easier changes to other tube lines than say London Bridge. Another option for getting home after a night out if you miss the last train home - for me a bus or Uber from Lewisham would be quicker and cheaper than 2 busses or uber from north Greenwich.
  • Options
    Hard to keep up with the Bakerloo line extension to Lewisham, it's like a light switch. Will be very welcome for it's connection to other lines.
  • Options
    Reckon the folk op North'll be right chuffed at this news.