Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• This was rumoured last month, indeed I had wondered whether he could have played at Wolves, but aren't there rules about the number of clubs you can play for in a season, and maybe they were hoping to ship him out again

Yes you cannot play for more than two. Ben arfa last season I remember falling victim to this.
  • Tucadean released from stuea back to us until end of season
  • CH4RLTON said:

Tucadean released from stuea back to us until end of season

Could he play as an attacking midfielder?

Or as right back!
  • http://www.steauafc.com/en/

According to Ketts he can't get a Foreign loan until January, but he can get a short term domestic loan. I wonder whether Luzon will try to integrate him into the first team squad?
  • dickplumb said:

http://www.steauafc.com/en/

According to Ketts he can't get a Foreign loan until January, but he can get a short term domestic loan. I wonder whether Luzon will try to integrate him into the first team squad?

I can't see Tuc taking a league one loan or getting a championship loan so I suspect he's in the first team squad until January at least. If he works hard and wants it enough I can see Luzon getting the best out of him.

• dickplumb said:

I can't see Tuc taking a league one loan or getting a championship loan so I suspect he's in the first team squad until January at least. If he works hard and wants it enough I can see Luzon getting the best out of him.

Be interesting if Luzon does want him though... He didnt give him much game time @ Standard Liege
  • Tuc won't play for us again, am almost sure of that. Not sure what type of man he is, that will determine whether he goes out on loan or sits in reserves until Jan.
  • with our recent injury records and going over budget, i think him returning could be a bit of a touch.
  • The enigma that is Tuc.
    I agree with some comments above, I believe there is a good footballer in there somewhere, we've seen flashes of it in previous matches.
    Personally I would be happy to have him as a squad player, and also agree that maybe GL can get the best out him....we shall see.

If only he had knocked that chance in against the spanners, he would be a hero to one and all..............sigh.........!
  • Sponsored links:

• With Tuc and Reza returning, suddenly we seem to have far too many strikers, in relation to the lack of cover elsewhere
  • George is a decent backup. Reza, KAG, Mak, Igor and Watt.

Plenty of goals there

I disagree, I don't think there is plenty of goals there at all. However, there should just be enough but really dependant on Igor and Watt firing.
  • Not ideal but he's far from useless and if his attitude's ok he could play a part, especially if any of those front line injuries recur. He'll be behind KAG now in the pecking order but they have different strengths / weaknesses.
  • Not just you. I thought George had something to offer and if he's back them fine.
  • uie2 said:

I guess I'm the only one who was a fan of George and I think he made Vetokele a better player

George has something to offer but amongst other things, he has to learn how to be effective away from home. At least he got on the end of a few chances and that's a start.
  • I remember saying that George had something in there somewhere, but unfortunately it was only once every 7 or 8 games.
  • George showed moments of real class, and I felt like he was slowly getting to grips with the pace of the league.
    Unfortunately, when we went through that awful patch, way too much responsibility was placed on his shoulders. He was asked to fill a giant Kermorgant-shaped hole, while compensating for the fact that Igor was perpetually hobbling and Church was perpetually shite. He definitely had some poor games toward the end, but that needs to be placed in the context of a team that didn't win for 3 months. Surrounded by players like Watt, Mak and a fit Igor, George could potentially thrive.

Yes, that was a struggling team. Someone new to England and English football was always going to find it hard. Buyens also went through a bad spell mid season, when he contributed nothing, it happens
  • Sponsored links:

• Is ketts as reliable as our Colin?
  • It is on the Steau website that Tucudean has had his contract cancelled.

• George has something to offer, don't know what it is though. Still haven't forgiven him for that last minute miss ...
  • Why has his loan been cut short? Not good enough?

They didn't want to pay his high wages.

They didn't want to pay his high wages.
    Don't know if this is true - but he wasn't getting any game time at all.
  • I, too, rated George. (In patches!)

His first half against Derby was probably one the the rare cases of a striker being almost unplayable.

Also, I remember the 2-0 v Bolton. Scored a goal of the season contender in the first half, and was heavily involved in another (laying off the ball to Jacko) in the second.

He had, real fitness issues, though. But if anyone can get the best out of him, it's Luzon.

But, without a shadow of a doubt, you could never have him and Watt on the pitch at the same time! Therein lies the stuff of nightmares...
  • LOAN WINDOW: The emergency loan window is now open for Football League clubs... pic.twitter.com/122V1saAZE

— The Football League (@football_league) September 9, 2015
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!