Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• edited September 2015
    I can see several players on that list who Charlton would most certainly benefit from having onboard.

Being able to pay their wages could be a problem though.
  • I can see several players on that list who Charlton would most certainly benefit from having onboard.

Being able to pay their wages could be a problem though.
    Michu!

• Michu!

Bless you.
  • Amalfitano!
  • edited September 2015
    It's pointless loaning someone in, who is just going to be a bench warmer. Waste of the budget. Unless Guy is to rotate a fair bit.

If a loanee is due to come straight into the 11, who would you take out?
  • I'd have Wilson can play across the front or off the striker and he's hungry
  • Bergdich possibly. I think I'm in the minority and think he's a decent player.

It's difficult as we definitely need more depth in areas, but find it pointless paying prem wages, or a portion of, unless he will be starting most games.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to Ketts:

The mystery of Steau Bucharest's cancellation of George Tucudean's contract remains unresolved.

The natural assumption is that he will return to Charlton, but could the Addicks also have annulled the Romanian's deal?

They could not cancel it without the player's consent but neither could Steau send Tucudean back to London without Charlton's consent.

With Katrien Miere on holiday until the end of the week, it may be a few days before the situation is clarified.

Tucudean has not yet returned to The Valley and there has to be a possibility that the player has secured a deal elsewhere.

If his contract with Charlton - which has another two years to run - is cancelled, he would be a free agent and could sign a permanent deal outside of the window.

Hope you do not mind Ketts, I think people on here will be interested
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015

jac52 said:

Kevin Nolan is training with Orient apparently after being released by west ham. Reckon he'd be pretty decent for us if his wage demands weren't silly.

You are not going to drop Kashi or Cousins for him (and maybe not even Ba). Don't see where he would fit in.
    Where he fits in is irrelevant, if Rolly wants to do his dough he will but don't hold your breath.
  • Bergdich looked good to me so far, pretty skilful, maybe not quite on the pace. Ceballos looked like he needs to put on a lot of muscle or quicken up fast, he seemed too easily run off or barged off the ball and while technically sound looking was not happy yet in the championship. May also learn and pick up how to use his definite skills in a different environment quickly
  • Sponsored links:

• Bergdich looked good to me so far, pretty skilful, maybe not quite on the pace. Ceballos looked like he needs to put on a lot of muscle or quicken up fast, he seemed too easily run off or barged off the ball and while technically sound looking was not happy yet in the championship. May also learn and pick up how to use his definite skills in a different environment quickly

Is that the same Ceballos who already has two assists to his name?

Looking forward to him sorting himself out and getting up to speed.
  • colin1961 said:

Guy Luzon said new signing due May be before Saturday but deffo next week

Is that May 2016?:-)
  • "The Addicks missed out on two players on transfer deadline day, including Wolves winger James Henry after their improved second offer was rejected. Luzon however is keen to get at least one more, preferably two, in as soon as possible to give their midfield more of a spark. “Whether we are disappointed or not (that Charlton missed out on deadline day signings), I hope we will sign a new player this week or next week,” Luzon said. “We have a good squad but a short squad. We need a minimum of another player to help us. I hope we will get that done. “We need another attacking midfielder as we are short in that area. “I don’t know whether it will happen before the weekend or not, if we sign some players they won’t be ready for Saturday anyway. “Maybe we can get a loan from the Premier League, we have a few candidates and we hope in the next week we will have another player.” Luzon has key men such as Igor Vetokele, Tony Watt and Stephen Henderson returning from injury to bolster his squad.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/charlton_boss_reveals_addicks_loan_plans_as_new_signing_expected_in_the_next_week_1_4227947
    Copyright © LONDON24 (less)
  • Amalfitano!

Went there 2 years ago, lovely beach.
  • colin1961 said:

Marvin Sordell joins Colchester ... Great deal for them at that level links up with Harriott

Agreed. Marvin Sordell is still only 24 too.
  • colin1961 said:

Marvin Sordell joins Colchester ... Great deal for them at that level links up with Harriott

Bizarre. Left us (technically Bolton) and was picked up by Burnley (premiership at the time), and now signed for a league 1 club. I guess this is what can happen to players after a few seasons without a steady home. Such a young age though to be dropping back down though
  • Given that this is (allegedly) a rumours thread...any rumours about the player that Luzon mentioned may, or may not, be incoming before (or not) the Rotherham game?
  • Good move from Colchester, showed glimpses in the Championship with us, League one he should shine.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!