Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I still think the Dutch forward will be next.
  • His bird is 16 years older than him!
  • bobcafc7 said:

Valley11 said:

Makienok looks a bit lightweight to me but he's obviously no mug with Denmark caps and a big move to Serie A. I still think we need a strong hold up player. A bit of a rough bastard.

The 3 minute YouTube vid I watched from twitter he looks far from lightweight, very strong and two footed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSLwS6vjI6Q
    Shocking music shocking defending
  • seems good at finding good angles when scoring, all goals in the bottom or top corners
  • Head, both feet. Can take a penalty. Played at a high level already. And good sleeves. What's not to like? If we sign Makienok and also get Michial Kramer I will eat my hat.
  • We still need a decent left back in my opinion.
  • Head, both feet. Can take a penalty. Played at a high level already. And good sleeves. What's not to like? If we sign Makienok and also get Michial Kramer I will eat my hat.

I'll be very surprised if we get both but fingers crossed we do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know what the likely good of getting both is? Are we signing anyone today?
  • bobcafc7 said:

Valley11 said:

Makienok looks a bit lightweight to me but he's obviously no mug with Denmark caps and a big move to Serie A. I still think we need a strong hold up player. A bit of a rough bastard.

The 3 minute YouTube vid I watched from twitter he looks far from lightweight, very strong and two footed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSLwS6vjI6Q
    Looks like he is auditioning to be Vinculus in Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

I think Fox will continue to progress. He showed good improvement towards the end of last season, has worked on his fitness in the break and comes across as mentally very strong.

I'd be happy to start with him.

• At last this thread is worth reading.

Agreed. And delighted that we aren't only looking to sign players whose names begin with "Ba..."

Was beginning to wonder if our scouts only had that section of some sort of player Yellow Pages!!! :wink:

Tommy Hoban is a very decent no frills left back, he's just 21, a 'London Irishman' .. I saw him a few times last season playing for Watford .. he's different to Wiggins, better defender, not so good in attack, and he's FAR better than Fox, as improved as Fox is .. thing is, is Hoban available ?
  • Could the mystery ginger ninja be ex spanner Zak whitbread ?

Tommy Hoban is a very decent no frills left back, he's just 21, a 'London Irishman' .. I saw him a few times last season playing for Watford .. he's different to Wiggins, better defender, not so good in attack, and he's FAR better than Fox, as improved as Fox is .. thing is, is Hoban available ?
    More a centre back isn't he?
  • edited June 2015
    markmc68 said:

Could the mystery ginger ninja be ex spanner Zak whitbread ?

I bloody hope not.

From The Guardian:

'Boro obviously have some money to spend despite their narrow failure to win promotion to the Premier League, and in addition to Downing are also linked to the Dundee United striker Nadir Ciftci, who is likely to cost around £1.7m. In other striker news, Bournemouth and Norwich are ready to battle each other for the Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray, who the Eagles might allow to leave for around £5m to help fund a deal for someone more expensive. And Leicester’s Chris Wood is apparently on the very verge of signing a £2m deal with Leeds, having turned down Wolves.'
  • bobcafc7 said:

markmc68 said:

It's not a mystery though... It's piggot.
    That's what they want you to think! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    bobcafc7 said:

markmc68 said:

It's not a mystery though... It's piggot.
    From Boris Johnson to Ron Weasley in just five weeks. Just for Men.
  • How much longer can Chris Wood ride on the success of one season?
  • Talal said:

We still need a decent left back in my opinion.

More a centre back isn't he?
    every time I saw him he was at left back .. the way Watford play(ed), fluid, switching from 4 to 3 at the back, he is versatile, BUT I say again, I've seen him as mostly a conventional left back .. he came more into the middle when Paredes, the right back spent time upfield

I think Fox will continue to progress. He showed good improvement towards the end of last season, has worked on his fitness in the break and comes across as mentally very strong.

I'd be happy to start with him.

Although Fox has improved immensely, if we want to go to the next level i.e. Playoffs then we need better players IMHO.
    That said, he may improve even more this season....
  • His bird is 16 years older than him!

Not so bad if you're 20 or so; not so good when you get to 30+ :smile:
  • 6' 7"

Good grief - have we changed codes to Basketball ?
  • Stewart said:

I know where Bulot lived last season. He left the country shortly after the Bournemouth game.

Although I haven't seen him this time around the same French registration cars are outside the house.

Top class detective work.
  • edited June 2015
    vff said:

I've been supporting Charlton since 1969 & we've only ever signed short arses.

What the **** is going on ?

At this rate it will be the first Charlton team I've ever seen not getting bullied.

Come on dirty Leeds, let's be 'avin you :smile:

Not sure, I agree with that. Curbs promotion winning and premiership teams never got bullied. Graham Stuart was a tough midfielder and Curbs teams always had true grit.
    Yep, we always saw off The Crazy Gang.
    Fash & Vinnie used to brick it coming to The Valley.
    Ben Thatcher was terrified of us & the likes of John Terry & Alan Shearer, well .......... :smile:
  • He's better than Church
    He's better than Church
    Makienok, he's better than Church.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!