Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• If Makienok is loan then we could see both him and Kramer
  • Creepy Crawley with his exclusive - after reading Charlton Life first.

;o)
  • Ok i just went from my usual optimistic based on nothing pre season stance to actually seriously excited if one or more of these deals happen.
  • Wondering if he might be Bendtner-lite
  • We know that Guy likes to rotate as well. If he wants to play a way that focuses on a target man up front then it makes sense to have two of them.
  • Signing a highly rated really tall striker?

Clearing this means we'll be playing long ball/hoofball/Big Sam tactics next season hiss boo

:-)
  • Excited about the two striker rumours - BUT, am I alone in wanting KAG to be one of our 4 first team strikers next season? Great young talent that could burst through given a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    Davo55 said:

Excited about the two striker rumours - BUT, am I alone in wanting KAG to be one of our 4 first team strikers next season? Great young talent that could burst through given a chance.

Not ready yet, a season in the lower leagues and let's see what he can do.
  • KAG is still only 17. I'd be happy to see him carry on banging in goals for the U21s (with the odd cup appearance) for now.
  • I'd like to think we will go with 4 senior strikers. No reason why Kramer isn't still on our radar.

Pigott is likely to go and I think Ahearn-Grant could do with a league 1 or 2 loan.

I would hope that maybe Luzon would give Piggy a chance first before getting rid of him but if both new strikers sign up then I guess books will need balancing. Ahearn-Grant definitely has potential so a loan with potential recall would surely be the best result for us and probably him as well.

A strike force of Watt, Vetokele, Kramer and Makienok would have enough potential combinations to solve most problems if they all take to the division - quite a big IF though. Between all four there's speed, finishing, strength, heading and tricks. Keeping all four happy wouldn't be the easiest job in the world but Luzon did a pretty respectable job of forging a real team in adverse conditions so I wouldn't bet against him doing it.
  • Is Ansah still under contract? Seemed to find form at end of season in U21s but would probably be better off going on loan to L1 or L2
  • Saw on Twitter that Church is off to MK Dons. Don't understand twitter though so I might have this totally wrong.
  • That YouTube clip of Makienok left me a little worried about the style of football Luzon wants us to play next season.
    Didn't he get criticised for the 'lump it up front' approach at Standard?
  • Valley11 said:

Saw on Twitter that Church is off to MK Dons. Don't understand twitter though so I might have this totally wrong.

Considering he was originally from Amersham, that would be quite a convenient move for him. I'm not sure what role he'd play for them, MKD scored loads of goals last season so I can't see him displacing their existing strikers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jason Denayer could sign for us on loan.

Where you seen that? Would be an incredible loan signing.
    Erm this is the embarrassing bit... that Charlton football rumours website. Hey it is a rumour thread after all.
  • Without any knowledge of either beanpole, would still prefer Cifci who has pace power step overs and hard to knock off the ball. Share the fear we may become a long ball side.
  • Without any knowledge of either beanpole, would still prefer Cifci who has pace power step overs and hard to knock off the ball. Share the fear we may become a long ball side.

Psychotic and canniblistic tendencies may work against him

• Swisdom said:

Without any knowledge of either beanpole, would still prefer Cifci who has pace power step overs and hard to knock off the ball. Share the fear we may become a long ball side.

Psychotic and canniblistic tendencies may work against him
    Passionate player. Anything recent? Celtic interested.
  • sam3110 said:

Dzeko is tall, Zlatan is tall, Llorente is tall, Giroud is tall, Lewandowski is tall, their respective teams aren't all hoofball merchants though

But they don't play in the Championship. L2. For a manager who was criticised by SL fans as liking long balls forward. We saw a fair bit last season with two sub 6ft strikers.
  • Premier league clubs have been interested in him in the past. Notably Crystal Palace under Tony Pulis. Very impressed with this one. Fingers crossed I haven't jinxed it and he turns into a total flop.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!