Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• When we got promoted to the old div1 with Lennie Lawrance I was lead to believe we was the biggest side in the league
  • That is three strikers we are getting if De Sutter comes to us:-)
  • ross1 said:

That is three strikers we are getting if De Sutter comes to us:-)

we'll play 1 1 8 .. and demolish all comers ((:>)
  • I don't doubt that the Powers That Be are just as concerned, if not more - they're the ones set to lose in real financial terms if we can't get Cousins/JBG tied to new contracts. But the agents know it too and they'll be advising playing the long game; that's how JBG came to us in the first place after all. I would be very surprised if the club hadn't offered both new terms, probably several times, but the players have the power here and they're using it to wait and see is my guess.
  • I'm more concerned about Cousins and Gudmundsson. Both have only one year left on their contracts, usually in such situations a player is sold if they don't sign a new contract.

These are two of our best players, we need them.

Didn't Gudmundsson say that he will stay with Charlton so long as the board shows ambition? Well, I think this week may be decisive.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm more concerned about Cousins and Gudmundsson. Both have only one year left on their contracts, usually in such situations a player is sold if they don't sign a new contract.

Didn't Gudmundsson say that he will stay with Charlton so long as the board shows ambition? Well, I think this week may be decisive.
    We can't be dictated to by a footballer. If he's not sure he wants to be here then ditch him.

He said he may stay at Charlton, if they show some ambition.

However, if a Prem club comes in for him, I think he'd go.

I got the distinct impression, that as he said, he could get 5X his salary, playing in The Prem.

Also, that anyone would be mad, not to take that kind of opportunity.

(Badly worded, but I was there & if he gets an offer, I'd expect him to go).
  • JBG,
    ross1 said:

Good things come in 3s
  • 3 blind mice
  • Destinys child

We can't be dictated to by a footballer. If he's not sure he wants to be here then ditch him.
    While I agree with the sentiment that's a bit harsh on JBG. He's no Reza, can't blame him for wanting to see some ambition shown as he's more than good enough to be part of a promotion chasing team.
  • I am getting quite excited by the squad's development. Replacements are coming thick and fast and all, so far, show promise. Maybe sale of SL gives RD the opportunity of pooling his resources for a serious shot at promotion and the PL riches. Got my acronyms in...
  • 1st July tomorrow-do we announce signing of Kriss Hyseni?
  • Sponsored links:

• tajaddick said:

ross1 said:

we'll play 1 1 8 .. and demolish all comers ((:>)
    118 THAT MEANS MOST TEAMS WILL HAVE OUR NUMBER
    They'll have to pay a f*ck load of money though!
  • edited June 2015
  • JBG,

ross1 said:

Good things come in 3s
    nipples,... ...what?
  • Dundee United have turned down a £900k bid from Celtic for Ciftci according to The Metro. No mention of nipples.
  • Nipples - isn't that the team Rafa Benetez manaved!
  • Dundee United have now accepted a bid of £1 million from Wigan for Ciftci according to Sky.
  • Richard J said:

Dundee United have now accepted a bid of £1 million from Wigan for Ciftci according to Sky.

Cant see Wigan spending 1m on a player these days.
  • Richard J said:

Dundee United have now accepted a bid of £1 million from Wigan for Ciftci according to Sky.

Cant see Wigan spending 1m on a player these days.
    I think they still have some parachute money.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!