Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Reckon we'll have him for one more season. He'll be a first choice CB. Then we'll make an absolute fortune.
  • I hope for his sake as well as ours that he stays for a couple of years otherwise he could be yet another promising young player who disappears to some big premiership club.
  • lets hope they were all watching him last night, as he is a CB first not a RB, and positionally was caught out a number of times last night.

If we keep hold of him this summer, he will have a monster season at CB next year given the chance
  • I hope he doesn't go to Arsenal. Destined to be a perennial failure who accepts never actually winning but playing easy on the eye football as a successful career
  • Thought I read somewhere that he is an Arsenal fan.
  • 27 million plus loads of add-ons and we will consider it.
    Booyakasha
  • He was outstanding last night as usual. He just looks so cool and never gives the ball away
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope we can get him to sign for 2-3 years with suitable clauses for him leaving earlier and for sell-on, and then he stays with us for at least next season.

As he is one of our own, only seems right we should benefit from the efforts that the Academy have made, and it's a crying shame when great prospects leave and then just warm the bench somewhere else. Personally think that Diego would have got a better deal after another season in the Championship - but then again given the uncertainty about the Manager sorry - Head Coach then maybe this season wouldn't have been so good.

He is a great prospect so it's little wonder the big fish are interested in him - just really don't want to see his talent wasted with little or no game time.
  • 10 million plus another 10 million after his first international cap plus coq moves to us permanently and I might consider it
  • His agent's actually doing something then...
  • This has got -Arsenal signing him in the summer with huge incentive clauses put in, and then loaned back to us next year- written all over it
  • For once we might actually get decent value for one of our young players because he doesn't have a contract expiring imminently and we aren't as skint as normal.
  • edited April 2015
    F***** money grabber, I hate him already. He's going to be a judas, I can see it now!!!!!!

The new Poyet/Defoe/Parker, blah blah blah
  • Jenkinson playing very well on loan (soon perm?) after falling behind Chambers who doesn't even make bench after poor performances. Joe should think hard before a move. Yes I know he is different gravy to Jenks.
  • Do Arsenal ever bring through English players in their own academy? I know they're not alone in that respect, the big clubs are just useless in general

I know Chelsea and City don't bother. Welbeck must be the only player in that last squad to have come from one of the current top 4.
  • Do Arsenal ever bring through English players in their own academy? I know they're not alone in that respect, the big clubs are just useless in general

I know Chelsea and City don't bother. Welbeck must be the only player in that last squad to have come from one of the current top 4.

Was Gibbs one of their own???
  • Sponsored links:

• Gibbs and what's left of Wilshere have to count

he left Wimbledon for arsenal in 2004, when Wimbledon finished he would have been 15/16

he left Wimbledon for arsenal in 2004, when Wimbledon finished he would have been 15/16
    did not know that, cheers paul

But then Chris Solly was at Arsenal before he left them to join us in 2003, and nobody would call him a former Arsenal player :-)

Arsenal have genuinely brought a lot of players through, but few of them become 1st team regulars for them. Benik Afobe at Wolves is the latest to leave to get first team football
  • edited April 2015

Do Arsenal ever bring through English players in their own academy? I know they're not alone in that respect, the big clubs are just useless in general

But then Chris Solly was at Arsenal before he left them to join us in 2003, and nobody would call him a former Arsenal player :-)

Arsenal have genuinely brought a lot of players through, but few of them become 1st team regulars for them. Benik Afobe at Wolves is the latest to leave to get first team football
    He left Arsenal when he was 12
    Gibbs left Wimbledon when he was 16, and that was just because Wimbledon was no more

He left Arsenal when he was 12
    Gibbs left Wimbledon when he was 16, and that was just because Wimbledon was no more
    It was 14 actually
  • edited April 2015
    He needs to play games with no distractions and keep his longer term options open. I'm sure he will accept a vastly improved offer from us which is now likely as we will want to cash in when he reaches his optimum price. Fortunately for him, that will coincide with him walking into a Premiership side. He won't lose important development opportunities getting splinters on his backside like DP.
  • He was outstanding last night as usual. He just looks so cool and never gives the ball away

I thought he was okay. I thought he didn't get goalside of his defender a couple of times. Not going to hold that against him at all, and I think he prefers CB, rather than RB