Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    By the way is anyone expecting anything else or a final appearance from Bronn?

He's been around briefly for two episodes, with absolutely no serious meaning which looks to become even more pointless seeing one of the two people who was going to deliver him Highgarden is now dead and I reckon we'll see Tyrion going the same way

i.e. No sign of Jamie in the camp, no other possible explanation for his escape (seeing the Unsullied can tell Dany that Tyrion was the last to see him alive) nor will there be any quick evidence of the bodies of Jamie and Cersei so imagine for a while that Dany will think they've escaped
    Tyrion will defo be sentenced to death for releasing Jamie. I hope Bronn will then show up to be his champion and agree to take Casterly Rock as payment for the win. Tyrion to remain as hand of the king for whoever takes the throne. Or not and he'll die & Bronn will disappear.
    Tyrion is the only one I truly want to see survive

Peter Dinklage has been the standout actor of the whole series for me (Really nice scene yesterday with him and Jamie) and desperately want him to have a happy ending

Dont see Bronn acting as a Champion again (after refusing to fight the Mountain on Tyrion's behalf) - Imagine if he gets someone to fight for him though it'll be against Greyworm?
    Yep, Tyrion & Arya are the two I want to survive more than anyone else.

I think the refusal was to make way for Oberyn, with something to fight for Bronn would do it. With Cersei and Jamie dead, if Tyrion dies he gets nothing. In theory he'd beat Greyworm but who knows.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    cafcpolo said:
    cafcpolo said:

He's been around briefly for two episodes, with absolutely no serious meaning which looks to become even more pointless seeing one of the two people who was going to deliver him Highgarden is now dead and I reckon we'll see Tyrion going the same way

i.e. No sign of Jamie in the camp, no other possible explanation for his escape (seeing the Unsullied can tell Dany that Tyrion was the last to see him alive) nor will there be any quick evidence of the bodies of Jamie and Cersei so imagine for a while that Dany will think they've escaped
    Tyrion will defo be sentenced to death for releasing Jamie. I hope Bronn will then show up to be his champion and agree to take Casterly Rock as payment for the win. Tyrion to remain as hand of the king for whoever takes the throne. Or not and he'll die & Bronn will disappear.

Peter Dinklage has been the standout actor of the whole series for me (Really nice scene yesterday with him and Jamie) and desperately want him to have a happy ending

Dont see Bronn acting as a Champion again (after refusing to fight the Mountain on Tyrion's behalf) - Imagine if he gets someone to fight for him though it'll be against Greyworm?
    Yep, Tyrion & Arya are the two I want to survive more than anyone else.

I think the refusal was to make way for Oberyn, with something to fight for Bronn would do it. With Cersei and Jamie dead, if Tyrion dies he gets nothing. In theory he'd beat Greyworm but who knows.
    Would be a good way for Bronn to go if Greyworm were to defeat him in a duel - Think Greyworm being killed by Jon yet potentially delivering his own fatal blow on Jon is how he'll go

How long is the last episode meant to be?
  • Options
    Why do you guys think trial by combat is going to be a thing? 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Why do you guys think trial by combat is going to be a thing? 
    Might not be, more of a hope to have Tyrion survive...I def think Tyrion will be sentenced by Dany...The only way I can see Bronn doing anything meaningful is to be his champion.
  • Options
    Tyrion is Azor Ahai. Calling it now.
  • Options
    What was the favour Tyrion asked of the character he labelled the world’s greatest pirate? My assumption is that he asked him to smuggle Jon and Cersai out of the castle using secret tunnels and the sea. 
  • Options
    What was the favour Tyrion asked of the character he labelled the world’s greatest pirate? My assumption is that he asked him to smuggle Jon and Cersai out of the castle using secret tunnels and the sea. 
    Yeah I presume Davos was the one who left the boat by the tunnel exit
  • Options
    I was under the impression it was to help Jamie escape and smuggle him into Kings Landing?
  • Options
    I was under the impression it was to help Jamie escape and smuggle him into Kings Landing?
    I presumed Jamie got himself into Kings Landing via. the main gate

Only question I have is how Davos got the boat into position and then got away himself?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He smuggled himself out.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Only question I have is how Davos got the boat into position and then got away himself?
    Jetski.
    This episode of Game of Thrones is brought to you by Kawasaki

Dragonfire protection sold separately
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

@DaveMehmet

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafcpolo said:

@DaveMehmet

:D dont encourage him... He dont need it!!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Twitter having a meltdown that she’s gone mad. Feminists around the world are going ape shit, it’s made some funny reading.
    You show a realistic portrayal of a young woman struggling with PMS and the feminist's still have a hissy fit!
  • Options
    paddycafc said:
    Alwaysneil you have upset Dazzler21 with your lack of knowledge on such important matters. You need to be Anya bike before you upset him any further.  
    I just enjoyed the aria when that’s Jamie fella and his cousin Cersay died together in the dungeon lol
  • Options
    Can I be the first to point out there is no character spelled Jamie. It’s Jaime.

@Dazzler21 asked me to mention it 😂
  • Options
    I care more about how the word typed sounds than the spelling. 

Like Ventokele.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

I believe you've confused 'does not make sense in their arc' with 'not what I wanted to happen'. Either that or I'm concerned you don't actually understand the show you're watching. It's certainly been rushed this season, but everything that happened with Danaerys has been built up across the show from the start. She's constantly threatened to burn (and has burned) people around her. She's regularly been tempered by her advisors. But now she has lost everything, and she's decided to rule over the ashes rather than lose any more. Of course she's supposed to be the breaker of chains; but she isn't. That's the point. That's the entire point. She's been becoming more and more unhinged since arriving in Westeros, and all she's doing now is a larger-scale version of what she did in Essos, but now it's in Westeros it's so much worse to watch because the justification of killing slavers or pillaging rapists isn't there. Danaerys, alone, unloved and untethered makes the decision to reject her promise of breaking the wheel and becomes another spoke in it, just like her father before her. This is her character arc, it's what she's always been heading towards
    But why destroy King's Landing? It's the prize she (and her brother before her) have been after from the beginning. There has to be a better reason than 'she's gone mad.'

The Mad King was cruel and unhinged, but he only tried to destroy King's Landing when he'd lost control of it: if he couldn't have it, no one could. Daenerys destroys it at the very point she's won the city. All of that effort, planning and sacrifice, just to burn it all to the ground. It doesn't make sense. And D.B. Weiss's explanation is just plain weird:

"I don't think she decided ahead of time that she was going to do what she did. And then she sees the Red Keep, which is, to her, the home that her family built when they first came over to this country 300 years ago. It's in that moment, on the walls of King's Landing, when she's looking at that symbol of everything that was taken from her, when she makes the decision to make this personal."

So she's finally about to get back everything that was taken from her,  and that's the moment she decides to destroy it all? It doesn't make sense to me. Feels a bit like us walking through the gates of the Valley in December '92, and then deciding to torch the place!
    Because she doesn't want King's Landing, she wants to be Queen of Westeros. King's Landing is just a city, but it also happens to be where the majority of her enemies and the people are located. She burns it down to send a message to the people of Westeros, which is that if they won't love her, they will fear her. She didn't spend 8 seasons getting to this point just to live in the Red Keep, she came over to be in charge of all the seven kingdoms. In her mind, as long as she has control of her people, be it through love or fear, she's won. She would likely set up Dragonstone as her base.
  • Options
    So is there no more 'Iron Throne'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This guy nails it for me:

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/game-of-thrones/2019/5/13/18617796/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-daenerys-targaryen-eyes

There's such a big difference between burning her enemies and committing unnecessary and very deliberate mass genocide and I think the "she's always bit a bit dragon-fire happy" comments are missing that point.
  • Options
    So is there no more 'Iron Throne'?
    It SHOULD have melted (or at the very least got seriously dinged up) after Dany was done with the place, but "Game of gloopy shiny puddle" doesn't really roll off the tongue to be honest.
  • Options
    This guy nails it for me:

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/game-of-thrones/2019/5/13/18617796/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-daenerys-targaryen-eyes

There's such a big difference between burning her enemies and committing unnecessary and very deliberate mass genocide and I think the "she's always bit a bit dragon-fire happy" comments are missing that point.
    Also on Vox: https://www.vox.com/2019/5/10/18563566/game-of-thrones-season-8-daenerys-mad-dark-villain

(pick a lane Vox)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    The mad queen storyline makes sense. Just because Dany repeatedly says she won’t do something doesn’t mean she can’t turn. Let’s not forget she has shown violent flashes in her past too.

The tendencies were there and I suspect this is the way the books are supposed to end, too. The show’s problem is that the pacing is all wrong.

The last episode she was on her way, ready to take the throne. The very next episode she has frizzy hair, sunken eyes and isn’t eating.

It’s just the unrealistic pacing (and too much plot armour) that has let the past two seasons down. GRRM said that it would take more than 6 and two half seasons to complete the story properly but the show writers wanted to do it their own way.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    There's no fucking character called Anya. FFS
    Although I think Watford had a Scottish winger of that name a few years ago 

if there were a season 9, Anya signs for the Dothraki, and Arya gets her long awaited move to Vicarage road to play alongside Craig Cathcart at Centre back 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Jetski.
    Plays for Dynamo Moscow