Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    Jints said:
    Best episode of the season yet, visually at least.

Good to see the Dothraki back despite all of them getting killed by white walkers
    They said they lost half the Dothraki force.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jints said:

Good to see the Dothraki back despite all of them getting killed by white walkers
    Not what they showed
  • Options
    I see both sides of this. In terms of its cinematography and how good a visual spectacle it is, I can't deny there did seem to be some moments out of character or that were absurd plot armour.

Arya surviving everything around her- does certainly lead quite nicely to a scenario in which she kills Dany, but if that doesn't happen, it will certainly weaken the buildup of the eyes prophecy that was used to justify her killing the Night King. 

Jon also to me seems to have suddenly become useless- from leading the defence of the Wall, to all the buildup of him as the Prince That Was Promised, him slaying a Walker at Hardhome- and even despite his tactical ineptitude at Battle of The Bastards, constantly showing how good a fighter and how strong a sense of morality he has. Then by now, he's become blind to Daenerys' descent into madness... It seemed like the one scene of him pulling one of the invaders off a woman was to show he's still Jon, which doesn't quite redeem the whole screaming at a dragon business in Winterfell. 

Even as stated on here before, Tyrion suddenly becoming clueless and Grey Worm's now rabid violent streak (which imho isn't legitimised by Missandei's death- he's stood so strongly by his values all series until now)... Rhaegal the dragon dying so easily one episode, and the next episode, Drogon being the fantasy equivalent of a nuclear armageddon. 

I feel like Daenerys burning King's Landing down was well built upon, so that is something I feel is being unduly and harshly criticised.

As I say, I enjoyed the episode, but I think the dismissal of criticism as being edgy or harsh isn't fair or accurate- there were legitimate flaws in the episode, honestly. 
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jints said:

Not what they showed
    Maybe half extinguished their own burning blades and hid.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Is Jon still alive?
    I though one of the body's Arya looked at (hard) just before mounting the horse had a sword hilt like Jon's.......
    we only saw him calling his troops to leave the city, we never saw if they made it......
    And he's not in the trailer for the very last episode ...
  • Options
    Really good episode

Shame to see Varys go who has been one of my favourites and still really hope that Tyrion manages to live (Doubt it though)

Got a feeling we'll see Dany getting killed next week; Greyworm v Jon has to be a fight scene with the latter potentially winning after that look they gave each other

Reckon at the moment we'll see either Arya or Gendry on the Iron Throne at the end of it; Gendry being made a genuine Baratheon my logic behind him
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Check out the making of episode 5 on YouTube. Spectacular. And Aaron Rodgers makes an appearance too. P.S absofugginglutely loved this episode. 
  • Options
    Cannot wait for the meltdown on social media when Bran takes the iron throne , Sansa rules the north and Jon kills Dany and rejoins the black.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really good episode

Shame to see Varys go who has been one of my favourites and still really hope that Tyrion manages to live (Doubt it though)

Got a feeling we'll see Dany getting killed next week; Greyworm v Jon has to be a fight scene with the latter potentially winning after that look they gave each other

Reckon at the moment we'll see either Arya or Gendry on the Iron Throne at the end of it; Gendry being made a genuine Baratheon my logic behind him
    And that would bring us full circle. Essentially the game of thrones would have gone nowhere.
  • Options
    “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention” - Ramsey Bolton
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jints said:

Not what they showed
    You're right they didn't show whether that was all the Dothraki force or not.
  • Options

• Options
    johnny73 said:
    Really good episode

And that would bring us full circle. Essentially the game of thrones would have gone nowhere.
    EXACTLY!!... thats the other half of my logic
  • Options
    Great episode and I think we needed it to be exactly as it was to set up the ending. As others have said, best episode of season 8. Oddly enough I’m now ready for it to end. It has and probably always will be the best tv show ever. 
  • Options
    Jaime and Cersei's death felt so underwhelming to me, I've generally enjoyed the season unlike a lot of people but so much of this has been unnecessarily rushed.

The Varys storyline over a full season could have been really good but he's basically done nothing for 3 seasons, then has a huge part in an episode and 10 mins of the next where he's probably the best thing about it, then dies.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Dizzle said:

Great scene with those two...

Would have been a much better ending than the one we see of Arya riding away... Again its probably a good couple of minutes that feel as though are in there for the sake of it, then again the last couple of Episodes have been dragged out in slow motion taking an age to complete which has left me getting impatient and bored; Only the Night King scene and the one with Cersei and Jamie deserved that

Reminds at times of a Peter Jackson film either with Lord of the Rings or King Kong
  • Options
    Really glad his hand grew back before he died too! 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Great episode and I think we needed it to be exactly as it was to set up the ending. As others have said, best episode of season 8. Oddly enough I’m now ready for it to end. It has and probably always will be the best tv show ever. 

100% this I am sitting here totally and utterly ready for it to close 

Arya to kill Dani -  Jon to kill grey worm 

arya and gendry on the throne 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jaime and Cersei's death felt so underwhelming to me, I've generally enjoyed the season unlike a lot of people but so much of this has been unnecessarily rushed.

The Varys storyline over a full season could have been really good but he's basically done nothing for 3 seasons, then has a huge part in an episode and 10 mins of the next where he's probably the best thing about it, then dies.

Definitely underwhelming.  So much for the prophecy that Cersei is choked to death by her little brother.  It was an evil conspiracy between gravity and masonry that did for her!

They also stitched up Arya and her Cersei revenge motivation the same way the stitched up Jon with the Night King.  She's spent all those years reciting her list of people she's going to kill - Cersei is top the list, but when she's there in the Red Keep, the focus of all her revenge in reach, the Hound tells her to pack it in.  She just goes, "OK" and leaves to go wandering about the streets, clueless, pointless and lost.  She should stick to killing, saving people really ain't her game!

• Options
    Missed It said:

Definitely underwhelming.  So much for the prophecy that Cersei is choked to death by her little brother.  It was an evil conspiracy between gravity and masonry that did for her!

They also stitched up Arya and her Cersei revenge motivation the same way the stitched up Jon with the Night King.  She's spent all those years reciting her list of people she's going to kill - Cersei is top the list, but when she's there in the Red Keep, the focus of all her revenge in reach, the Hound tells her to pack it in.  She just goes, "OK" and leaves to go wandering about the streets, clueless, pointless and lost.  She should stick to killing, saving people really ain't her game!

What would pain pain her more 

being burned quickly by Dani 

killed by a stark 

or realizing in your final moments that your children all of them 

your father your insest loving brother and yourself 

have all died for fuck all in a cellar with the roof falling in 

however maybe she and Jamie ain’t dead 

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Apart from the visuals I honestly thought that episode was complete tosh!

I hate that GOT has gone all Hollywood on us. The Hound v Mountain showdown reminded me of Luke Skywalkers battle with Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back (the one where he loses his arm). 

The earlier seasons were so much better than this.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

What would pain pain her more 

being burned quickly by Dani 

killed by a stark 

or realizing in your final moments that your children all of them 

your father your insest loving brother and yourself 

have all died for fuck all in a cellar with the roof falling in 

however maybe she and Jamie ain’t dead 

I  know Dan & Dave love to pull the old fake out certain death, then cut away only to reveal everything is OK later after all.  They abused the shit out of that little trick in ep3.  Cersei and Jaime are squashed flat dead though.  Lena Headey is on record as saying she wasn't keen on how Cersei checks out, but in the end she bought that her and Jaime went together.
  • Options
    Those last scenes, with the charred bodies of women and children, reminded me of the powerful photographic images we have all seen of the aftermath of the firebombing of Dresden and the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

What was the favour that Tyrion asked for?

• Options
    Visually that was stunning, emotionally the scenes with the commoners all dying etc was affecting and disturbing.  The Hound and The Mountain was really good.  And yet....

I just don't get the Daenerys thing.  I mean, I do, driven mad by the quest for power, she's always had harsher instincts etc, but there's such a big difference between burning her enemies etc and roasting thousands of innocent kids alive after you've already won.  It just felt pointless to me.  And odd.

And Cersei should have been choked to death by a valonqar, it's just daft to ignore that.
  • Options
    Top notch for me.  Everyone on here follows this closely and are fans of the show given how well they’ve built it up over the years, we have very high expectations.  I can’t fault it really.  Of all the series I’ve watched in my life, whenever they approach the end, stuff happens to speed it up a tad.  Sons of Anarchy, Sopranos, Lost etc.  This wasn’t going to be any different for me 

I personally didn’t see that coming, despite Dany being a Targaryen and the fact that turning mad runs in her blood.  I’d bought into Arya taking out Cersei and the shock value for me when Dany did turn was well done I felt.  What better way to ensure a series as a finality than by simply destroying an entire city and thus avoiding how to feasibly get Dany to sit on the throne alongside Jon backing her.  

The whole show, including this series has been immense for me.  I can see the whole Arya killing Dany in the final episode, but can also see her potentially committing suicide in some way, given that she’s totally lost the plot and there’s likely just a few unsullied to rule over and some Dothraki 

who knows.  Hats off to all of them that have worked on that show.  Some of it over the years has had the old goose bumps on high and the suspense overpowering.  Some of the best tv I think you can ever get 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Missed It said:

Definitely underwhelming.  So much for the prophecy that Cersei is choked to death by her little brother 

Which prophecy are you talking about?