Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Brown

Comments

• Options
    Generally it’s good. They would benefit from always having monitors - otherwise they are occasionally telling us something happened which the viewers at home can see didn’t. There was an incident on Tuesday when Brownie was saying there was no replay being shown, implying the incident had favoured Plymouth, whereas a replay had been shown.

They also need to remember that some are just tuning in for the audio on VP, so they should be regularly giving the score, and also ensuring action is described as much as possible. 

But Brownie’s insights have been good, and Tel/Greg mostly do their best not to get too partisan (“We’ve done it Tel!”)
      They stated on Tuesday early on that everyone else had been given monitors apart from them.  Plymouth had given monitors to the local journos and non live feed journos.  Bit pathetic really from Plymouth when they're earning money from away teams PPVs.  Whether it'd be Man U or Accrington, they shouldn't be supplying print journos monitors over ifollow commentary.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    What a player Steve Brown was ..injuries earlier in his career took a bit of his pace away but for that he would have been a real real top player 

He's in my squad of 25 since I started going in '76.
    That will be a relief for him when he finds out. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    2121 said:
    Quite warming to terry now cos hes like the incredibly bias fan that sits in front of u at games always giving the wrong opnion on decisions ! Its qwuite funny and makes me feel like im there 😂
    I’d say this is pretty much 100% accurate 👍🏼🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Terry says the wrong player at times....Gilbey broke up a pass yesterday and he said it was Foster-Caskey....there is a few inches dfference in height there....but I do like him and Brownie 
    Lol I wish I could blame his age but he’s always done it.
    Come to think of it, so have I.
    Clearly a family thing 🤣🤣
    Silly question given what you just said but....... are you related to Terry then?
  • Options
    Thought camera work was poor today....they would focus on a person and just keep it there while the game played on.....can I get a refund especially as we lost 1-0
  • Options
    Tom1982 said:
    ct_addick said:
    2121 said:
    Quite warming to terry now cos hes like the incredibly bias fan that sits in front of u at games always giving the wrong opnion on decisions ! Its qwuite funny and makes me feel like im there 😂
    I’d say this is pretty much 100% accurate 👍🏼🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Terry says the wrong player at times....Gilbey broke up a pass yesterday and he said it was Foster-Caskey....there is a few inches dfference in height there....but I do like him and Brownie 
    Lol I wish I could blame his age but he’s always done it.
    Come to think of it, so have I.
    Clearly a family thing 🤣🤣
    Silly question given what you just said but....... are you related to Terry then?
    No such thing as a silly question if you don’t know the answer.
    He’s my brother.
    He posts on here as Killers Beard, hence I’m KBslittlesis.
    He has four sisters and I’m the youngest 😊
    That's a great line
  • Options
    I like him but he’s the ultimate bore in the pub! 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    ... Other highlights for me on the Valley Pass commentary?

Well, I do look forward to the first airing by Tel of "gets something on it", while Greg's signature line of "Charlton win a fro" is another highlight.

Let's be sincerely grateful for what the boys do, though.  In the absence of being able to attend, this season's coverage has been a lifeline for many of us. 
    I always listen out for Tel saying that somebody's done "superbly well". At this point I send out little a telepathic lecture about the needlessness of double adverbs, before correcting myself that much the Victorian grammar that I was taught at school was made-up nonsense and that if Terry wants to use "superbly well" and we all understand what he means by it, then it's fine. Then I get back to the football. 
    He does it knowing full well our eldest sister is thinking exactly that and it’s doing her head in 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:
    What a player Steve Brown was ..injuries earlier in his career took a bit of his pace away but for that he would have been a real real top player 

He's in my squad of 25 since I started going in '76.
    That will be a relief for him when he finds out. 

He will then realise he was more than half decent.
  • Options
    I like him but he’s the ultimate bore in the pub! 
    You obviously haven’t been in a pub with @ElfsborgAddick
  • Options
    Hate to say it but I found him very irritating yesterday.

He just waffles on a bit too much, I was solely listening in for once and it simply wasn't enjoyable.

I like Browny but maybe he could do a post match review instead.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Thought camera work was poor today....they would focus on a person and just keep it there while the game played on.....can I get a refund especially as we lost 1-0
    That was irritating when you could hear we were attacking via the commentary. Not seen it happen before to that extent. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    That was irritating when you could hear we were attacking via the commentary. Not seen it happen before to that extent. 
    Yup, there were a few parts where the camera seemed to be stuck on one view. Still great though and long may it last. 
  • Options
    Could someone possibly have a word with Brownie to lay off the "I'm in love with the opposition" stuff, god that was
    infuriating yesterday when Boro were blatantly time wasting and Brownie thought it was fine," we all do it when we are winning" with a little chuckle stuff pissed me off big time, well Steve when you are bloody loosing it ain't funny or ok.
  • Options
    Love Brownie, but yesterday I had to turn the sound off. At times he goes on too long after an incident.

Also agree that watching yesterday was frustrating with some of the camera work.

Overall still a vast improvement on what we had before.
  • Options
    Could someone possibly have a word with Brownie to lay off the "I'm in love with the opposition" stuff, god that was
    infuriating yesterday when Boro were blatantly time wasting and Brownie thought it was fine," we all do it when we are winning" with a little chuckle stuff pissed me off big time, well Steve when you are bloody loosing it ain't funny or ok.
    He was being honest.

We managed the game/time wasted brilliantly v Donny and Sunderland and yesterday Posh did the same.

He praised us doing it in those games and pointed out that we would have done the same in Peterborough's position which is true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What’s happened to the cameraman in recent weeks... it’s shocking 
  • Options
    Thought Browny was great last night. Couldn't disagree with anything he said really.
  • Options
    Brownie is very good. Human nature suggests that "we" find somebody irritating talking on top of when winning, but when losing/a boring game, we are happy with the comfort of an experienced lead talking us through the game. 

• Options
    I like Brownie but he certainly did talk some bollox today - none more so than when he summed up the first half as "entertaining".
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    I like Brownie but he certainly did talk some bollox today - none more so than when he summed up the first half as "entertaining".
    I love Steve Brown but he's  getting on my nerves as much as the team. How can a half with no shots on target be entertaining? And I'm sick of bigging up f****** clean sheets. Boring.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Yeah...