Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Brown

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Hopefully we will get more coaches in now the budget allows, love browny and in an ideal world would have a coach for the strikers.
    Whaaaat. Browny could coach defence, midfield, maybe even strikers, definately keepers. He was everywhere that man. Talk about utility player. Injuries, feck it just patch em up and send em back out. Proper player from my youth. 
  • Like Steve Brown in general a lot, but needs to talk less in my opinion. Today was incredibly tiresome, he seemed to witter on about irrelevant things which of course was not helped by a dire game, am i being harsh?
  • Like Steve Brown in general a lot, but needs to talk less in my opinion. Today was incredibly tiresome, he seemed to witter on about irrelevant things which of course was not helped by a dire game, am i being harsh?
    Not in the slightest.

Totally agree he is talking too much and commenting on things that are totally unnecessary. In fact I think he is beginning to spoil what is otherwise a brilliant show. Sometimes less is more and this is a classic case.

All that said, we have to acknowledge the commentators are providing commentary for both TV and radio. The latter listeners need more comment than those of us who are watching. So it's a difficult path that he and his fellow commentators have to tread. 
  • It’s good to get a pro’s insight, particularly one I hold in such high regard, but it did get a bit tiresome for me today.  Of course, he’s passionate about us and wants us to do well, but I found his summarization of the fact that Ipswich will be much the happier with the point, a little too blinkered.  

It’s not just him.  As good as it is to have Scott Minto and Curbs and all these other ex pros involved in Valley pass, their contribution is a little too rose tinted for me.  

I’m grateful for them giving up their time and putting on an excellent show with the way they delve into old stories, but I’m looking forward to getting back to just watching the games from the stands
  • Sponsored links:

As someone who follows our games mostly by commentary only, I find what Brown brings to the team superb. With the three guys, we now have a balance of match commentary, player stats (over the game and season), ex-player knowledge and insight, plus the banter and respect between the three of them is a joy to listen to. 
    Yeh fair play, i guess if i listened to commentary it would be different
  • I thought a couple of weeks back that he might be overdoing it a tad. Has a tendency to keep chatting while the action’s kicking off. At the Beeb and ITV the pundits get training and advice on this stuff, because it’s a difficult balance. 
    Great insights otherwise, and you’d think he’d make a great defensive coach. 
  • I like his enthusiasm but his comment about the sun never bothering him when some players were having difficulty today....I was just waiting for him to say but this is a 12.30 kick off...nothing  
  • He's great but could dial it down 10% and let the game breath a bit and let his commentator say a bit more. The main trouble today was a lack of replays or replays coming up too late, but that's not on Brown.
    Hope you didn’t listen to Huw Edwards earlier ? He was doing my nut in talking over all the pomp and pageantry. Thankfully he shut up when the action started. 
  • edited April 2021
    He’s doing a good job. Only small gripe is he will sometimes take so long to get to the end of his point about the action that’s just happened, the ball is already halfway up the other end.
  • Feels like there's no way to win with the club commentary. Always going to be some people unhappy. 
  • Chunes said:
    Feels like there's no way to win with the club commentary. Always going to be some people unhappy. 
    It’s impossible to nail it with it being commentary for tv and radio , I’d be interested to know how those just listening to the audio find it .
    Each to their own but I find him droning on a bit too much so becomes white noise and zone out but understand others may need his insight to understand what’s going on 😉
    He’d be better off as a cricket commentator when there are plenty of gaps to fill but saying that our games are pretty dull so he has time to fill for the radio/audio listeners 
  • Sponsored links:

• I enjoy listening to Brown.
  • Bring back Emma
  • edited April 2021
    Like Steve Brown in general a lot, but needs to talk less in my opinion. Today was incredibly tiresome, he seemed to witter on about irrelevant things which of course was not helped by a dire game, am i being harsh?
    Sounds like he's let you down...for shame!
    Yes, you are.

Classic snobby response 
    Classic chip on shoulder response.

• He does talk too much at times but I like his insight . He just needs to tone it down just a bit . 
  • Just realised this thread is wrong on so many levels, should be called Stevie Brown, not Steve Brown, must be a newbie. 😉 
  • Perhaps they should think about separate commentary for Valley Pass, more designed for tv. How many people even listen on the radio I wonder?
  • ct_addick said:
    I like his enthusiasm but his comment about the sun never bothering him when some players were having difficulty today....I was just waiting for him to say but this is a 12.30 kick off...nothing  
    Should have used that excuse for when he got sent off against Leicester.