Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Brown

Comments

• Options
    2121 said:
    Quite warming to terry now cos hes like the incredibly bias fan that sits in front of u at games always giving the wrong opnion on decisions ! Its qwuite funny and makes me feel like im there 😂
    I’d say this is pretty much 100% accurate 👍🏼🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Brownie was excellent yesterday. He just gets excited when at the Valley as it brings back the white line fever. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Quite warming to terry now cos hes like the incredibly bias fan that sits in front of u at games always giving the wrong opnion on decisions ! Its qwuite funny and makes me feel like im there 😂
    Terry says the wrong player at times....Gilbey broke up a pass yesterday and he said it was Foster-Caskey....there is a few inches dfference in height there....but I do like him and Brownie 
  • Options
    Great stuff from Brownie and is a great side kick to both Tel and Gregg. Excellent production. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    2121 said:
    Terry says the wrong player at times....Gilbey broke up a pass yesterday and he said it was Foster-Caskey....there is a few inches dfference in height there....but I do like him and Brownie 
    Lol I wish I could blame his age but he’s always done it.
    Come to think of it, so have I.
    Clearly a family thing 🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As he doesn't start every sentence with the word "Listen" like Rio Ferdinand and because he isn't Jake Humphrey (who starts every sentence with the word "Look"), he'll do just fine for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I am in awe of his knowledge and appreciate his input but maybe he should find a way to shorten his comments, at present on occasions, he is bubbling and effervescing over in the exuberance of his own verbosity.
  • Options
    We don't know what the future holds for the matchday streaming once fans are allowed back to the grounds properly but if Custard TV continues what I would love to see would be a full Stevie Brown match deconstruction where his detailed analysis can really come to the fore without the possibility of missing any live action.

Just think:

Custard TV Monday nights at 8pm ... "The Post Mortem" with Scotty and Browny (and possibly with another guest e.g. Morts, Nelse) where they review and analyse the weekend's fixture. If there's a midweek match they can preview that as well.

Then, on Friday evenings, a proper preview show like the old "1905" that Olly used to present with Finchy.

Throw in a midweek "Memory Lane/Reminiscence"-type programme (or general Charlton chat) with a Charlton legend(s) and that would be well worth a few bob of anyone's money each month.
  • Options
    Brown does have a habit of interrupting too. Even when Terry was reading out the scores he was trying to cut in. Overall I enjoy it but if Brown could just tone it down a bit it would be perfect. 
  • Options
    Generally it’s good. They would benefit from always having monitors - otherwise they are occasionally telling us something happened which the viewers at home can see didn’t. There was an incident on Tuesday when Brownie was saying there was no replay being shown, implying the incident had favoured Plymouth, whereas a replay had been shown.

They also need to remember that some are just tuning in for the audio on VP, so they should be regularly giving the score, and also ensuring action is described as much as possible. 

But Brownie’s insights have been good, and Tel/Greg mostly do their best not to get too partisan (“We’ve done it Tel!”)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Briston_Addick said:

We don't know what the future holds for the matchday streaming once fans are allowed back to the grounds properly but if Custard TV continues what I would love to see would be a full Stevie Brown match deconstruction where his detailed analysis can really come to the fore without the possibility of missing any live action.

Just think:

Custard TV Monday nights at 8pm ... "The Post Mortem" with Scotty and Browny (and possibly with another guest e.g. Morts, Nelse) where they review and analyse the weekend's fixture. If there's a midweek match they can preview that as well.

Then, on Friday evenings, a proper preview show like the old "1905" that Olly used to present with Finchy.

Throw in a midweek "Memory Lane/Reminiscence"-type programme (or general Charlton chat) with a Charlton legend(s) and that would be well worth a few bob of anyone's money each month.
    Listening to TS at the Bromley Addicks' meeting recently, I got the distinct impression he wants it to continue. And not just for overseas watchers (which presumably with a VPN could be any of us). In fact, he seemed quite put out when the Chairman of the meeting explained that under current rules games couldn't be shown at 3.00pm on a Saturday. His reply to that was something on the lines of "well maybe we need to change that".

There's clearly a huge amount of effort and resource gone into providing such a wonderful presentation. To simply just throw it away when fans are allowed back would be mad.
    Not if it's detrimental to the physical match day attendance. That has to be paramount.
    Argument has already been done so won't repeat it here. I'll just say I suspect you are a healthy, young man who lives fairly local. Getting to games is not an issue for you.

But there are many who don't fall into that category and in 2021 with the technology available they should have the chance to watch live by streaming games.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tend to think that people who go to games will continue to go, and those that can't won't and so streaming will have a future. @Briston_Addick has put forward a thing that I would pay to watch, especially if it was added to the price of a season ticket.
  • Options
    I tend to think that people who go to games will continue to go, and those that can't won't and so streaming will have a future. @Briston_Addick has put forward a thing that I would pay to watch, especially if it was added to the price of a season ticket.
    As soon as we're allowed to (safely and without too many restrictions) I want to be back in my seat in the top drawer of the Cupboard End.

If I had the opportunity I'd probably then watch the game back later.

I don't travel to away games outside of Norfolk (it's enough of a trek going to the home matches throughout the season) so I'd love to be able to watch the side on a stream.

There have been enough comments on this forum over the last few months on how impressed people have been with the overall presentation, the chemistry between Scotty and Curbs, and the variety of wonderful guests.

However, I think this is a discussion for the main Valley Pass thread instead of making the Steve Brown thread look a bit scruffy ... ;)
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Brownie was excellent yesterday. He just gets excited when at the Valley as it brings back the white line fever. 

@Henry Irving will have you for libel
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    What a player Steve Brown was ..injuries earlier in his career took a bit of his pace away but for that he would have been a real real top player 

He's in my squad of 25 since I started going in '76.
  • Options
    The more Steve Brown talks the more I like it