Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views : Charlton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Comments

• AshBurton said:

Joe Gomez - what a player, have we finally found our new Richard Rufus?

True, unfortunately he will probably be off in the summer....should get a few bob for him though.
    I'm quietly sitting back observing the network / RD's decisions at the moment rather than jumping in with an opinion but should he let Gomez or even Cousins go this early (Unless Joe / Jordan turn round with a transfer request which I cant see happening) then I'd start having questions
  • Just love the way he shuffled the pack at half time

Certain previous managers wouldn't have had the nous or balls to do that
  • Let's not use our form to dismiss any criticism of the Duchatelet era so far. Roland still has a lot to prove. That still stands. Now, onto the match….

I would be interested in why?
    For me he has now delivered, so many were totally wrong about the way he goes about things.
    I had lost faith due to his reluctance in the transfer window, but he rectified that with some astute signings.
    We are playing some great football we are scoring goals, we have an excellent manager, head and shoulders above the last 3 (with the possible exception of Riga). We had a sold out Valley last Saturday.
    What is there not to like? And what the hell more can he do?
    Let us know.
  • PL54 said:

Just love the way he shuffled the pack at half time

Certain previous managers wouldn't have had the nous or balls to do that

Les Reed?
  • AshBurton said:

True, unfortunately he will probably be off in the summer....should get a few bob for him though.
    No reason to sell him though, he's under contract for a decent time AND should increase in value if we keep him for another couple of years.
    Not going to disagree with you there and would love him to stay....ultimately though it's all about money and IF an offer comes in for him he may go....but for now really want him to stay.
  • AshBurton said:

No reason to sell him though, he's under contract for a decent time AND should increase in value if we keep him for another couple of years.
    Not going to disagree with you there and would love him to stay....ultimately though it's all about money and IF an offer comes in for him he may go....but for now really want him to stay.
    My argument would be that we can make a LOT more money from him if he has a couple of season under his belt. An improved contract at some point in 2015 would help as well.
  • E-cafc said:

Was a bit shocked at how dirty they were. They should have had at least 1 red card, possibly 2. It seems that they thought they were just going to stroll around The Valley and walk away with 3 points. When they realised that we were up for it they didn't like it. They deserved what they got............Nothing!

While not as cynical and dirty as last night, Forest were overly physical in the away game in December, especially in the first half once we went 1-0 up.
  • Sponsored links:

• The point is that under this regime there is no need to sell! Under previous ownerships if a club came in for a youngster we had very little option but to accept!

I can understand selling if an established premier league club comes in and offer stupid money for one of our young stars.... but I will be annoyed if we sell to other championship or even low premier league teams...
  • edited March 2015

Greenie said:

Let's not use our form to dismiss any criticism of the Duchatelet era so far. Roland still has a lot to prove. That still stands. Now, onto the match….

For me he has now delivered, so many were totally wrong about the way he goes about things.
    I had lost faith due to his reluctance in the transfer window, but he rectified that with some astute signings.
    We are playing some great football we are scoring goals, we have an excellent manager, head and shoulders above the last 3 (with the possible exception of Riga). We had a sold out Valley last Saturday.
    Let us know.
    Let's see who he keeps in the summer
    Let's see if he spends any cash in the summer outside the network
    Let's see if communication improves
    Let's see if he can resist interfering with team selection
    Let's see if Luzon makes it past the six month mark - Peeters started well too remember.

Is this a song proposal?
  • Greenie said:

Let's not use our form to dismiss any criticism of the Duchatelet era so far. Roland still has a lot to prove. That still stands. Now, onto the match….

Let us know.
    Let's see if Luzon makes it past the six month mark - Peeters started well too remember.

Talk about straw clutching.....
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Let us know.

Likewise.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Let us know.

Likewise.
    Oh dear...stepping away now.......
  • The point is that under this regime there is no need to sell! Under previous ownerships if a club came in for a youngster we had very little option but to accept!

I can understand selling if an established premier league club comes in and offer stupid money for one of our young stars.... but I will be annoyed if we sell to other championship or even low premier league teams...

I am confident that Roland won't be selling our jewels for peanuts (unlike previous owners).
    If we do end up selling anyone, I am confident that we will replace with better for less.
    Keep the faith.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gomez - does not display the raw power of Rufus, but with the right coach and in the right team could be the new Beckenbauer, a true footballing centre-half. We have the nucleus of a fine young team - sorry, make that squad - and they can achieve so much if they're given the chance to develop together.

The young 'uns are being well schooled by the old 'uns. I've noticed Bikey with a caring word and an arm round the shoulder of several team-mates - this is clearly a much better form of commitment than the Sodje-esque red mist moments. GL seems to have taught him a valuable lesson but not at the expense of his pride.

Luzon's experience of the Champs League and squad rotation could be what enables him to weigh up games dispassionately and then pick the most suitable 18 at his disposal. That raises the level of the whole group. Such a capability is invaluable in a 24-team league, and may the hardest thing for a Continental manager to adjust to, given that most of them (BP for one) are used to operating in 18-team leagues.
  • edited March 2015

Also have to laugh at Luzon being 'head and shoulders' above Powell at Charlton after a handful of games.

Agreed, load of nonsense. Unfortunately Powell didn't have the benefit of an influx of new players to work with like we do right now.
  • Also have to laugh at Luzon being 'head and shoulders' above Powell at Charlton after a handful of games.

We've been here before.........
  • Greenie said:

Also have to laugh at Luzon being 'head and shoulders' above Powell at Charlton after a handful of games.

We've been here before.........
    Where ? At the bottom of the table ?
  • cafctom said:

Agreed, load of nonsense. Unfortunately Powell didn't have the benefit of an influx of new players to work with like we do right now.
    Of course it's far too early to say Luzon is better than Powell.

In our L1 title season, Powell WAS able to being in lots of new players, indeed virtually a whole new team, cherry picking many of the best players from other teams in L1. I bet Phil Parkinson would have loved that opportunity!
  • I can only repeat what's already been expressed .. a terrific win that shows the sudden increase in depth and maturity in the squad and a whole new tactical approach from M Luzon
  • At the end of the day, if we are entertained rather than tortured every game, or even for a repectable number of games we are all happy. We are a fickle bunch - all fans are. Those of us that are still going do have some resilience given what we have had to experience in recent times.
  • http://youtu.be/qf9aqY629JY

For your enjoyment...

This is great to watch. Such class