Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views : Charlton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Comments

• edited March 2015
    sam3110 said:

Wilson 5 kept coming way too narrow, left Antonio room to run and was punished for it,wasn't a 4 because of the assist
    Harriott 3 feigned injury to come off after falling over himself, has had enough chances impact and squandered every one of them

Lepoint n/a came on late but was a decent outlet up front, was nearly in for a goal late on and I think he's been unfairly written off by many (as always)

Irony there writing off a young player who has shown some real class and I admit some real inability to recreate regular form
  • Season manager marks - Peeters 4/10; Luzon 8/10 + improving.
    We got the result tonight primarily because of Guy. Team selection very good with an injury list that's grown. I think he was right to start with Harriott but made decisive move to double sub. Wilson just faced a nightmare scenario.
    Guy is getting the majority to improve and playing them in the right positions.
    Well done the crouching tiger!

Oh come on, Peeters did give us the longest unbeaten run in the league!!!
  • Season manager marks - Peeters 4/10; Luzon 8/10 + improving.
    We got the result tonight primarily because of Guy. Team selection very good with an injury list that's grown. I think he was right to start with Harriott but made decisive move to double sub. Wilson just faced a nightmare scenario.
    Guy is getting the majority to improve and playing them in the right positions.
    Well done the crouching tiger!

Oh come on, Peeters did give us the longest unbeaten run in the league!!!
    3 words - negative, negative, negative.
  • cafc_se7 said:

I forgot to mention Diarra had a great game at centre half too,fair play to him!

Didn't see that at all - looked very nervous to me
  • It had 2-2 written all over it ! But the new Charlton didn't let that happen. Everybody put in a shift, Wilson looked so uncomfortable doing a Solly type run from fullback, but his delivery led to the goal ! Luzon, had the balls to make the half time double sub, and that in my opinion gave us the 3 points, so credit for that.

What can you say about Watt, another great performance, and Vetokelle and him are looking a real exciting partnership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great performance again and with the enforced changes we still looked immense. Felt sorry for Harriot when he got injured but he was the weak link I'm afraid. Wilson did ok and put the cross in for Bulots second goal. As for his first, well, whatever JBG can do Bulot can do better!!! Special mention for Cousins who turned in one of his best games so far. Antonio the only real threat and Burke on the other wing looks lively but overall our defence looked too good against the Forest attack. Bring on the Bluebirds!!!
  • PL54 said:

cafc_se7 said:

I forgot to mention Diarra had a great game at centre half too,fair play to him!

Didn't see that at all - looked very nervous to me
    Diarra was excellent. A midfielder coming in to CH, he did a top job. I can't recall Hendo having to make too many 'real' saves and that was all down to the players in front of him. Well played Alou!
  • Just home and having a celebratory beer. Very different to Saturday, but every bit as enjoyable. If we'd been 4-2 down at half time I don't think anyone could have complained, but we weren't so who cares. I don't go in for long reviews, so I'll just say that's the best I've seen Cousins play and that Watt in injury time was so funny, with the bloke losing the plot and careering into him for a booking the icing on the cake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Luzon had the bottle to sub Wilson and Harriott and this kept us in front as their number 18 would have got something in the end . So the good points were luzon's tactics and substitutions; the defence looked better second half and bikey played well as did diarra but special mention to joe Gomez who was brilliant for someone so young Jordan was fantastic as was watt yet again .eagles lacked a bit of confidence but lepoint' s time on the pitch showed what a good player he is. It was bulot's night however and whilst not very strong he has great composure on the ball and a fantastic first touch so well done team Luzon and fans.
  • What a great performance! With a patched up team. Lots of people have pointed out the weak links but to be fair we carried Igor for most of the second half, clearly carrying a knock, should have been substituted earlier. Watt superb, Cousins outstanding. Could get used to this winning lark!
  • I think Harriott getting injured in quite possibly the funniest sniper / falling over moment I've seen for years, and then limping down the tunnel, down Luzon a favour with an enforced sub. I don't think he'd have made that change otherwise. Not that I thought Harriott was having a bad game, we were just too exposed down that side.

Would love to know how well a fit Solly would have done up against Antonio tonight.
  • Am I the only one who thought Forest should not have felt obliged to give the ball back when Vetokele was injured (or in truth 'fatigued')? I couldn't understand why they kicked it out in the first place.
  • Just to add Lansbury is a thug, ref bottled it sending him off. Only criticism of the night

Spot on. Landbury did f..k all apart from regularly fouling our players. And as for the fat lump they brought on to replace him. What a joke. All he could do was stand in front of Hendo when he was kicking the ball out. Too unfit to run back with his teammates! Joke.
  • It's funny, I felt we played worse after the subs :) But Wilson and Harriott were off the pace so respect to the manager for taking a risk and making the change.

I hope anybody that didn't "get" Cousins does now, after putting in consistent 8 out of 10 performances since being played in the position we've nearly all been calling for.

Cousins apart, we were subdued in the second half. That said, Forest didn't create many good chances. Diarra filled in well, if a little shaky in the second half. Best game I've seen from Fox and another promising display from Gomez, though his distribution needs work.

Buyens got stuck in today. Very good to see.

The front two didn't get a lot of service but worked hard before tiring towards the end.

4 goals for Bulot in 5 games now? Incredible!

Great result if not entirely deserved. The threat of relegation must have just about gone now.
  • Would love to know how well a fit Solly would have done up against Antonio tonight.

Kept him very very quiet at the City Ground if that's anything to go by.