Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Views : Charlton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Comments

• The two things that I like lately is the fact that 1) We look dangerous going forward and with pace too and 2) We finally do not sit back and let the opposition have space to make a pass.
  • Gomez already is some player.

Very impressed by Fox and Buyens tonight.

Cousins has grown as a player and has added some physical strength to his game. Said it on Saturday, Buyens and Cousins are a good partnership, they compliment each other.

Those last 3 minutes were brilliant and Watt was lovin' it.

Was dubious about us getting a result when I saw the line up.

Credit to Guy Luzon.
  • Another enjoyable night at the Valley.

A tactical game with both sides trying to pass the ball around.

Antonio is a great winger but don't Forest overuse him. So many other good players everything going out to him. Gomez will have learnt a lot tonight.

But we won a tight game where neither keeper made many saves.

Cousins immense. Our whole 1st choice back 4 missing and we still win against a good side.

Bulot a new player, Watt brings something totally different to the side. Like Fuller but fitter.

Doubt we can finish higher than 8th so now is the time to tie key players to longer contracts. Gomez, JBG, Johnson, Bulot for a start.

Isn't Bulot a loaner?
  • cafc-west said:

Another enjoyable night at the Valley.

A tactical game with both sides trying to pass the ball around.

Antonio is a great winger but don't Forest overuse him. So many other good players everything going out to him. Gomez will have learnt a lot tonight.

But we won a tight game where neither keeper made many saves.

Cousins immense. Our whole 1st choice back 4 missing and we still win against a good side.

Bulot a new player, Watt brings something totally different to the side. Like Fuller but fitter.

Doubt we can finish higher than 8th so now is the time to tie key players to longer contracts. Gomez, JBG, Johnson, Bulot for a start.

Isn't Bulot a loaner?
    Yup sadly so :(
  • Cousins MOM. Buyens put in a good shift and Diarra after a shaky start played well at CB. Bulot is like a new signing and for the first time in ages I'm enjoying watching us play.

Excellent display given our makeshift defence and Fox for me is now first choice LB ahead of Wiggins.

Watt continues to be a pleasure to watch and really winds up opponents.

Forest should have had at least one player sent off.
  • Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

Wilson 5 kept coming way too narrow, left Antonio room to run and was punished for it,wasn't a 4 because of the assist
    Harriott 3 feigned injury to come off after falling over himself, has had enough chances to have an impact and squandered every one of them

Lepoint n/a came on late but was a decent outlet up front, was nearly in for a goal late on and I think he's been unfairly written off by many (as always)

Irony there writing off a young player who has shown some real class and I admit some real inability to recreate regular form
    Harriott has had 3 seasons and hasn't properly progressed in that time, compare Blackpool away last season to Watford away and tonight, he's getting worse.

Lepoint was written off after 30 fucking minutes by a lot of people on here, despite never having played in English football before, or even trained with the group that much. Nothing ironic about it
  • Sponsored links:

• I have to say, cousins and Harriot pretty much joined the side at the same time, cousins has worked hard and become a key player, Harriot hasn't really gotten any better in 2 years.
  • Good stuff.

Back a manager with a squad and reap the results.

As others have said, Luzon got grief not because of what he would bring but the way he was appointed.

Roland, learn from this season and next season could be special.
  • Further adding to my point regarding Antonio. Once we showed him down the line his left foot was so bad I was embarassed for him. If you watch solly he always shows the winger on the outside its not hard to do. Gomez did exactly that and Antonio didn't show any threat.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Antonio forest were bang average. A 17 year old kept him quiet second half and they didn't have a threat. On the other hand we look very dangerous on the counter and punish teams. Defensively were very good, impressed with diarra

A bit biased - he tore Wilson a new one first half and had to be double marked 2nd half whichever side he played. He's decent.
    I never said he was bad, I said he was quiet second half because we defended well too him. Hence why I said Antonio forest meaning they rely on him.

• Am I the only one who thought Forest should not have felt obliged to give the ball back when Vetokele was injured (or in truth 'fatigued')? I couldn't understand why they kicked it out in the first place.

Completely agree. Igor wasn't writhing in pain or anything and we had the ball in a decent position and should have played on. If we are one down against Cardiff with 5 to go and they decide to kick it out then I hope we do the same thing. The law is clear, the referee decides if a stoppage is needed. Otherwise play on.
  • I think Harriott getting injured in quite possibly the funniest sniper / falling over moment I've seen for years, and then limping down the tunnel, down Luzon a favour with an enforced sub. I don't think he'd have made that change otherwise. Not that I thought Harriott was having a bad game, we were just too exposed down that side.

Would love to know how well a fit Solly would have done up against Antonio tonight.

I'm not sure how Solly would have done really but not as well as the taller Gomez in my opinion.

where did this Antonio come from?
  • edited March 2015
    How funny was the Luzon star jump when the ball was pinged out to their player on the touchline
  • where did this Antonio come from?

£3m from the Massives
  • How funny was the Luzon star jump when the ball was pinged out to their player on the touchline

Whatever drugs he's on to make jump around like zebidee, then let him keep popping them. Not sure about his methods but if the wins keep on coming then it's all good.
  • What happened to Harriet just before half time? Seemed to trip over his own feet and then 'feign' an injury till the whistle. Thought he might of just soiled himself?!?
  • Another great result. All credit to Luzon for turning it round. Even more impressive given the injuries.

If I only the season was lasted longer as I'd fancy us to make the play offs if ewe had a few more games!