Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Tickets (SOLD OUT - No more, but Valley beamback)

Comments

• With Boro and Derby it would have made possible sense to say 'come to Boro and get priority for Millwall away' but to announce it afterwards is odd. And if someone bought pay on the day, what are the chances that they kept the ticket? All very odd. But imagine that it will go to season ticket holders and probably general sale so all good.
  • I cannot wait man, only worry is that those pond life creatures won't turn up to this game and will spoil the Relegation party.
  • 162 milllllllllll at Middlesbrough tonight. By all accounts that would include 50 comps, a 'healthy' turnout of 112 then!

Respect to them!
  • And we took the Zetland between two of us Elfsborg:)
  • Anyone who wants a ticket for this will get one.

We have nothing to play for and its in the easter holidays so I think we will end up 2500 or so.

I just hope they sell top tier first as prefer to be up there.

The "Millwall" aggro factor is always a dampener on demand anyway, and this year with Millwall plunging into L1, the aggro might be greater than normal...
    if they carry on the way they are i can see alot of their fans not bothering spending their easter holiday in that shit heap.
  • And we took the Zetland between two of us Elfsborg:)

The geezers that we are, hahahaha
  • Just purchased my tickets - selling Upper Tier at the moment
  • With Boro and Derby it would have made possible sense to say 'come to Boro and get priority for Millwall away' but to announce it afterwards is odd. And if someone bought pay on the day, what are the chances that they kept the ticket? All very odd. But imagine that it will go to season ticket holders and probably general sale so all good.

Exactly, in fact this was something I mentioned when we had the silly sanctions for Rotherham. I said it then and this illustrates it now, the club are out of touch with a fair and proper system. It is so simple to arrange yet the club fail to see it. Either sell this as a promotion in advance of the game or work on a points basis, giving priority to those who are VG, VIP and/or ST, plus those that attend the less fancied games.

Encouraging that Covered End has changed his stance, just need Henry Irving to come to the party.....
  • Spanish said:

With Boro and Derby it would have made possible sense to say 'come to Boro and get priority for Millwall away' but to announce it afterwards is odd. And if someone bought pay on the day, what are the chances that they kept the ticket? All very odd. But imagine that it will go to season ticket holders and probably general sale so all good.

Exactly, in fact this was something I mentioned when we had the silly sanctions for Rotherham. I said it then and this illustrates it now, the club are out of touch with a fair and proper system. It is so simple to arrange yet the club fail to see it. Either sell this as a promotion in advance of the game or work on a points basis, giving priority to those who are VG, VIP and/or ST, plus those that attend the less fancied games.

Encouraging that Covered End has changed his stance, just need Henry Irving to come to the party.....
    I've always believed in a priority system which is why I fought for one back in 2005 and got one, finally, introduced. Still got the proposal I submitted to the board somewhere.

And now we are upgrading the IT system and having the smart card ST it will become easier to have a more sophisticated system. Though buying tickets on the day is still going to get missed out.

What I disagreed with you about was the type of priority system not that we shouldn't have one.
  • Spanish said:

With Boro and Derby it would have made possible sense to say 'come to Boro and get priority for Millwall away' but to announce it afterwards is odd. And if someone bought pay on the day, what are the chances that they kept the ticket? All very odd. But imagine that it will go to season ticket holders and probably general sale so all good.

So are you going amigo?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes mate….

My first one without a drink ??
  • Spanish said:

I've always believed in a priority system which is why I fought for one back in 2005 and got one, finally, introduced. Still got the proposal I submitted to the board somewhere.

And now we are upgrading the IT system and having the smart card ST it will become easier to have a more sophisticated system. Though buying tickets on the day is still going to get missed out.

What I disagreed with you about was the type of priority system not that we shouldn't have one.
    I seem to remember you defending the club….? The point remains, the club is disconnected with all the fans it needs to look after. There's more to those that just join to VG/VIP/ST. I know a few who are neither but travel regularly. They also need to be looked after. It is grossly unfair for someone, follows the team at the less glamorous games and then cannot get a ticket for Millwall because of some ridiculously complicated…
  • Spanish said:

Spanish said:

I seem to remember you defending the club….? The point remains, the club is disconnected with all the fans it needs to look after. There's more to those that just join to VG/VIP/ST. I know a few who are neither but travel regularly. They also need to be looked after. It is grossly unfair for someone, follows the team at the less glamorous games and then cannot get a ticket for Millwall because of some ridiculously complicated…
    Do you think Millwall is a glamorous game? Heard them called some things, but never that.

• Spanish said:

Spanish said:

I explained some of the reasons behind the staggering of sales. Not saying it can't be better or that the club can't improve but you only wanted to see it from your own perspective not that of other fans or of the club.

People who travel away regularly ARE looked after but they need to be able to prove that hence why buying on the day creates a problem.

And they will get a ticket for Millwall but if they are concerned then the answer is to pay £2.30 a week into the scheme that gives them much greater priority as well as £15 off their season ticket and other benefits.
  • craigcafc said:

Spanish said:

Spanish said:

I explained some of the reasons behind the staggering of sales. Not saying it can't be better or that the club can't improve but you only wanted to see it from your own perspective not that of other fans or of the club.

People who travel away regularly ARE looked after but they need to be able to prove that hence why buying on the day creates a problem.

And they will get a ticket for Millwall but if they are concerned then the answer is to pay £2.30 a week into the scheme that gives them much greater priority as well as £15 off their season ticket and other benefits.
    If you are a regular away traveller, the difficulty with the current restrictions are two fold:

1. You are looked after but only if you have been to Boro or Derby. So those who have been to a number of away games but not those two are not looked after at all. It seems grossly unfair that those two games have been chosen, and an entirely pointless exercise in many aspects because the travelling numbers at those two games were so low that they are unlikely to help many.

2. All well and good to say pay £2.30 a week, but let's be realistic - it's another £120 for the season. Those who travel regularly spend a lot on travel, tickets etc already, plus the cost of a season ticket. To expect another £120 for the benefit of priority ticketing to a small handful of games again seems unfair.

I have a ST and have been to nine away games this season (all logged on my red card). I did not go to either of Boro or Derby. However, I dread to think how much I have spent in total this season, but it is certainly considerably more in both time and money than a STH with VG who hasn't been to an away game. It simply cannot be right that people in my situation, and plainly there are a number of others as shown by this thread, do not have priority to this game over and above phase 3.

Edit - that's not to say that those who are STHs and pay into VG shouldn't be prioritised as well, but to show a comparison.
    It's a choice. If people can afford to travel to away games on a regular basis then to me £2.30 a week doesn't seem that much. Less possibly as you get £15 off your season ticket and discount in the shop. No one is forced to do it but as you say people with STs and who are VG should be given some priority.

I agree that chosen Derby and Boro in retrospect is odd but as I've said before one season is to stagger sales.

There should be a better system and maybe with the new IT it will be better.

My idea back in 2005/6 was based on points for games with one for London games, two for southern games, three for northern games and extras for midweek, league cup etc, etc

But that still requires a sophisticated computer systems, trained and adequate numbers of staff AND fans buying from the ticket office rather than on the day so it is recorded.

That way priority 1 would be VG and people with 15 points for the season. 2 would be VG and people with VG and 5 points and so on.

But it needs to be simple to understand and simple to implement and it needs both the IT and for fans to realise what is and isn't possible and to perhaps modify their ticket buying habits.

The argument against is that very rarely do games sell out before going on general sale.
  • craigcafc said:

Spanish said:

Spanish said:

If you are a regular away traveller, the difficulty with the current restrictions are two fold:

1. You are looked after but only if you have been to Boro or Derby. So those who have been to a number of away games but not those two are not looked after at all. It seems grossly unfair that those two games have been chosen, and an entirely pointless exercise in many aspects because the travelling numbers at those two games were so low that they are unlikely to help many.

2. All well and good to say pay £2.30 a week, but let's be realistic - it's another £120 for the season. Those who travel regularly spend a lot on travel, tickets etc already, plus the cost of a season ticket. To expect another £120 for the benefit of priority ticketing to a small handful of games again seems unfair.

I have a ST and have been to nine away games this season (all logged on my red card). I did not go to either of Boro or Derby. However, I dread to think how much I have spent in total this season, but it is certainly considerably more in both time and money than a STH with VG who hasn't been to an away game. It simply cannot be right that people in my situation, and plainly there are a number of others as shown by this thread, do not have priority to this game over and above phase 3.

Edit - that's not to say that those who are STHs and pay into VG shouldn't be prioritised as well, but to show a comparison.
    Exactly Craig !!

Ultimately the club have made some pretty senseless restrictions this year, the net result being that games are generally less well attended and worse still, allow those with VIP/VG combined ST status to cherry pick their games. To me, it would be fair for example, off set a % of the allocation and offer the chance to buy a Millwall ticket if you buy one of say Sheff Weds / Bolton / Blackpool ?

@HantsAddick fair point, going to Millwall is hardly glamarous but you know what I mean....
  • craigcafc said:

.2. All well and good to say pay £2.30 a week, but let's be realistic - it's another £120 for the season. Those who travel regularly spend a lot on travel, tickets etc already, plus the cost of a season ticket. To expect another £120 for the benefit of priority ticketing to a small handful of games again seems unfair.

This is what quite a few fans on here fail to understand. People go to away games because they enjoy it, not to get priority for popular games. It's unreasonable that they could miss out on going to a popular games (very unlikely to occur in practice) because someone's friend is a member of valley gold and likewise that they should pay £120 extra to guarantee a ticket for the one or two games a season that sell out having done many that haven't. Clearly the club agrees as they get some sort of prioty but those who do the most traveling should get equal priority to valley gold, not less.
  • edited March 2015
    Don't know why people are worrying? Just buy a ticket in the home end....... Oh i forgot its their are cup final!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Derby and Middlesbrough restrictions are pointless as it probably only applies to between 75 to 100 fans, thus they can only purchase a maximum of 150 to 200 tickets for the Millwall game
  • edited March 2015

"1. You are looked after but only if you have been to Boro or Derby. So those who have been to a number of away games but not those two are not looked after at all. It seems grossly unfair that those two games have been chosen, and an entirely pointless exercise in many aspects because the travelling numbers at those two games were so low that they are unlikely to help many."

I am actually someone who benefits from this (see my previous comment), though I suspect I'm in a tiny minority. And I do agree that it's wrong to say you have to have gone to those games.

It's an interesting question as to whether regular travellers should get priority over Valley Gold. On the one hand VG money is going directly to Charlton and represents a long-term commitment to help produce the Sollys, Gomezes and Cousinses of the future, whilst a regular away traveller's money is going into the home club's coffers. Yet it is easily arguable that there is more dedication involved in regularly travelling to far-flung corners of the country, both financially and in terms of supporting the team with your presence and voice, and that those who travel away should be rewarded with priority when it comes to securing tickets for more in-demand games.
  • Dansk_Red said:

The Derby and Middlesbrough restrictions are pointless as it probably only applies to between 75 to 100 fans, thus they can only purchase a maximum of 150 to 200 tickets for the Millwall game

Good point. Also means they're pretty much irrelevant in terms of those arguing that it isn't fair they were picked as random games to get priority.

I'll be surprised if there's a thread nearer Good Friday with many people looking for spares...unless you're a Spanner and those nasty guys at the toolbox have sold your season ticket!!
  • I completely agree with @craigcafc. It is not right that people can make double figures for away games by March yet they're deemed not worthy enough of any preference for Millwall tickets. I went to Leeds midweek and have done other away games yet not being a S/T holder I am on a par with someone who has been to literally no matches this season, home or away.

The whole ticketing system is a joke and stuck in the 1990s. You should be able to sign in online, choose your seat and your method of delivery, maybe even print your own ticket like you do abroad. It wouldn't be open to abuse, you'd have your username as your CON number and the ticket staff can maybe take another afternoon off each week.
  • edited March 2015
    The whole ticketing system is a joke and stuck in the 1990s. You should be able to sign in online, choose your seat and your method of delivery, maybe even print your own ticket like you do abroad. It wouldn't be open to abuse, you'd have your username as your CON number and the ticket staff can maybe take another afternoon off each week.

I doubt that will ever apply to away tickets.

• It's an interesting question as to whether regular travellers should get priority over Valley Gold. On the one hand VG money is going directly to Charlton and represents a long-term commitment to help produce the Sollys, Gomezes and Cousinses of the future, whilst a regular away traveller's money is going into the home club's coffers. Yet it is easily arguable that there is more dedication involved in regularly travelling to far-flung corners of the country, both financially and in terms of supporting the team with your presence and voice, and that those who travel away should be rewarded with priority when it comes to securing tickets for more in-demand games.

I don't think anyone's suggested that one is better/more deserving than the other (Valley Gold member or regular away traveller), and there's more than enough tickets for this game to cater for both. The issue is, why have they put in place this stupid system where a season ticket holder who's been to 12 away games, but not including Derby or Boro, only gets the same level of priority as a season ticket holder who's been to no away games. They could, for arguments sake do the following:

Phase 1: VIPs and Valley Gold ST holders (1 ticket per membership)
    Phase 2: Season ticket holders who have been to 6 or more away games and non-season ticket holders who've been to 10 or more away games(1 ticket per membership)
    Phase 3: All Season ticket holders, all Valley Gold members (1 ticket per membership)

I've spent about 30 seconds thinking about that, I'm sure it's not perfect but I would also say it's better than what the club came up with. Nobody who didn't get a ticket for Millwall would have a strong argument that there were people with tickets who are less deserving. Next time a high demand game comes up, you tailor the requirements in each phase slightly depending on how many tickets are available.

Apart from the potential issue of someone who deserves a ticket not being able to get one, we're also likely to have a repeat of Brentford for this one, whereby the pool of people in phase 3 is so large that a ton of people end up trying to buy at the same time. Can't wait to phone up next Thursday morning - "You're number 30 in the queue".
  • I think it's fair to see the club don't understand the effects of their actions. Again, it's a business that you're hardly likely to go elsewhere with so one would be forgiven for thinking they couldn't give a toss. I wrote and received a response from the club which was great. The shame is, hardly anything, if at all, has changed. The club needs to listen to supporters, its not hard to canvass opinion in todays world of social media. LISTEN UP CHARLTON
  • Don't start me off, I got shafted for the Brentford away game, not helped by the once a season boat day trippers more interested in the p*ss up than the football :-(
  • Anyway, if you want a ticket and you don't forget that you want a ticket, you'll get a ticket.

If this sells out, it won't be until close to the day of the game.
  • Will we sell out?