Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Kent Addicks Meeting with KM on 26th Feb

Comments

• "She explained about Reza going out on loan Apparently he had a good World Cup and he was in demand and he wanted to benefit from the high wages that he could earn for a year or two. "

The lady needs to just tell us the truth, that is all. I know for a fact that it was nothing to do with wages, he wanted out of our club within weeks of signing for us, he didn't settle in London/adapt to the football club/style.

It wouldn't hurt us that much to just say Reza wasn't a fit mould for CAFC so we loaned him out as per his request, aka the truth. In fact it's better than a porky, thinking we would all believe that.

OK hands up I might have misheard her. She might have said that after the World Cup he was in demand and wanted to use that time to get a move. If pushed I would say that she did suggest that he wanted more money, but if I'm honest they might not have been her exact words.

I didn't mean to mislead anyone, and I'm not sure that I have but based on how many times she's been accused of misleading us (by me as much as anyone else) I thought I should just clear that up.

What I didn't get wrong, though, was that he wanted away and wanted to use his new found fame to get his move. That plus the huge pay rise might have been what made me think it was all about money. However, I'm fairly convinced that it was all about money even if neither KM nor Reza said as much!
  • So you're convinced it was about money but then you're undecided about the exact words or you misheard but don't let that stop you putting Katrien down.
  • LenGlover said:

iaitch said:

So you're convinced it was about money but then you're undecided about the exact words or you misheard but don't let that stop you putting Katrien down.

KHA has posted his report as a favour to those unable to attend for whatever reason.

He made it abundantly clear at the outset that he did not take notes as he had no idea he would be posting a report and that consequently some of what he posted would be opinion and interpretation.

In the light of all that I for one do not think he should be criticised for any real or perceived inconsistencies do you?
    I dunno his use of the word "reflect" is a bit "iffy"!

You do wonder why people try and do their best sometimes. Once again thanks KHA, sorry you won't be able to make the bromley meeting.
  • I do find the "you can buy three expensive players if we are going to go up" unrealistic.

Even if we got three very good players we still couldn't guarantee promotion. And we were about 19th or 20th at the time.

The time to splash out was when we were top 6 back in August but we were told by KM that Roland might spend in January if we were still challenging.

Roland didn't spend and injuries and loss of form in a tiny squad meant we were no longer challenging. His money of course but chicken and egg.

And how does all that fit in with breaking even?

This was in response to the question about how keen he is to get into the Premier League. KM was pointing out that he seems to think that it is (not easy but) a lot less complicated to get promoted. To be fair this conversation might have taken place before the January window opened. I don't think she gave a specific date and on the basis that player signings can take a long time I guess it could have been as far back as November, when we were just a few points behind 6th.

Sorry I wasn't trying to mislead. However, I got the impression that she was making the same point as you - that it was unrealistic and that is why she declined the players with the condition that she had to deliver promotion.

With an owner as wealthy as he is I think I would have rather that she took the players anyway but I guess she doesn't want to lose her job. It's not as though RD has a reputation of being extremely tolerant of failure! ;-)
    Cheers, that does make sense.

Maybe KM is more realistic and aware of what is going on as she is on-site.

Shame she's not doing any more of these Q & As soon : - )
    Is the Bromley meeting member only? If so can one join on the night?
    Sorry Henry I should have looked it up. I have done that now and I don't think I can make the 19th.

Thanks.
    19th or the 12th?
  • Ross said:

We do not openly report on meetings anymore as we feel that if people want to know what occurred they should attend. We advertise to our members of upcoming meetings, and this is also advertised on Twitter and via the club. This meeting was a members only meeting, and as such was not advertised by the club.

If those that attended want to report on the meetings then fine. But none of the committee members will do so.

We are not a secretive council. We have a strong membership in excess of 400 and have well supported meetings with current and former players many times a year, as well as Christmas and end of season dinners, and have been doing so for four years. We have also donated to the Charlton Upbeats, support the club through Valley Gold, and have donated to Dave Ramzan, a strong member of East Kent Addicks, as he participates in the London Marathon this year.

Despite the criticism that we draw on here, we will continue in this vein. We have advertised meetings on here in the past and this has not drawn in any extra members. Those on here that have attended our meetings in the past are on our database, and as such are aware of our meetings. @Addickted is one of those I believe, and so could have attended on Thursday if he was that interested in what Katrien had to say.

If those that want to criticise want to attend our meetings, then follow @EastKentAddicks on Twitter, email ekaddicks@talktalk.net to be added to our database to receive emails about meetings, or keep an eye on the official site for when meetings are announced. You may then see that we are not secretive and you may have a bloody good time.

If you do not want to attend, may I ask if you are a member of another supporters' group? If not, then maybe join one of those and attend their meetings instead of waiting for reports on here.

so judging by that Katriens not going to get any PR tips from you
  • edited March 2015
    iaitch said:

So you're convinced it was about money but then you're undecided about the exact words or you misheard but don't let that stop you putting Katrien down.

But as I didn't know what was mentioned about him wanting to go in any circumstances, I didn't know that reporting what I did might have suggested she lied.

For that reason I wasn't putting her down. Until Athletico Addick suggested that what I said made her a liar I had no idea what Reza had said before.

In fact, iaitch, I updated what I might have misheard as soon as I knew that if I'd made a mistake it might have caused KM to be accused of not telling the truth.

Still your speed at having a pop at me does give me some credibility in, potentially, making a mistake with something I heard said once while I was drinking, especially if you can't understand what I have written down for you to read it as many times as you like. Thanks for doing that for me.
  • East East, East Kent Addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Without wishing to replicate Henry's list of SG contacts , I'd like to amend the details for North West Kent Addicks (NWKA)

The Chair is now Bob Huelin ( no relation!) who can be contacted at nwk-addicks@outlook.com or by calling 01474 567101 or 07847 958590.

• I'd edit that number buddy
  • Ross said:

We do not openly report on meetings anymore as we feel that if people want to know what occurred they should attend. We advertise to our members of upcoming meetings, and this is also advertised on Twitter and via the club. This meeting was a members only meeting, and as such was not advertised by the club.

If those that attended want to report on the meetings then fine. But none of the committee members will do so.

We are not a secretive council. We have a strong membership in excess of 400 and have well supported meetings with current and former players many times a year, as well as Christmas and end of season dinners, and have been doing so for four years. We have also donated to the Charlton Upbeats, support the club through Valley Gold, and have donated to Dave Ramzan, a strong member of East Kent Addicks, as he participates in the London Marathon this year.

Despite the criticism that we draw on here, we will continue in this vein. We have advertised meetings on here in the past and this has not drawn in any extra members. Those on here that have attended our meetings in the past are on our database, and as such are aware of our meetings. @Addickted is one of those I believe, and so could have attended on Thursday if he was that interested in what Katrien had to say.

If those that want to criticise want to attend our meetings, then follow @EastKentAddicks on Twitter, email ekaddicks@talktalk.net to be added to our database to receive emails about meetings, or keep an eye on the official site for when meetings are announced. You may then see that we are not secretive and you may have a bloody good time.

If you do not want to attend, may I ask if you are a member of another supporters' group? If not, then maybe join one of those and attend their meetings instead of waiting for reports on here.

Bit dickish against those that live so far from any supporters clubs...
    You know just saying.

• and people wonder why you don't get reports from these meetings, dissecting every detail of KHA s version of events is as shoddy as not reporting anything back

Good effort KHA ignore the nonsense

What's the point of reporting something if the person is not sure what was said or misheard? Everything that comes out of the club is dissected to the enth degree so why not a fans report?
  • iaitch said:

But as I didn't know what was mentioned about him wanting to go in any circumstances, I didn't know that reporting what I did might have suggested she lied.

For that reason I wasn't putting her down. Until Athletico Addick suggested that what I said made her a liar I had no idea what Reza had said before.

In fact, iaitch, I updated what I might have misheard as soon as I knew that if I'd made a mistake it might have caused KM to be accused of not telling the truth.

Still your speed at having a pop at me does give me some credibility in, potentially, making a mistake with something I heard said once while I was drinking, especially if you can't understand what I have written down for you to read it as many times as you like. Thanks for doing that for me.
    You state in your article that you are a cynical person and then say 'she has already demonstrated that she wasn't going to, genuinely, answer many questions'.

It seems that your mind was made up not to believe anything she said.

I agree this report is your opinion and viewpoint but I'm just expressing my opinion.

• edited March 2015

don't think i'll bother with notes from the next Bromley meeting.

It is hard enough to capture what is said even if you are taking notes.

I know from experience that people miss out key elements of what is said.

The best example was "the same budget as Rochdale". It was never said but within hours it was being quoted as fact by people who weren't at the meeting and sometime still is.

I try to write my notes ASAP so it is fresh in my memory. I try to make it a plain he or she was asked this and he/she said this and let people judge on that rather than give my impressions, feelings etc which is very difficult as I have an opinion like everyone else.

KHA expressly said he hadn't taken notes, hadn't expected to make a report, had been drinking and doesn't have a photographic memory so any errors were his but as people had asked he'd have a go.

People one person then ignored that and started laying into him as if he were a professional journalist.

Beyond Parody.

• Sponsored links:

• Thank you, KHA. Appreciated.

Henry, I would hope that you have a re-think abut the notes for the next Bromley meeting.

I'm sure everybody would agree that you do a great job on the notes and your efforts in the past are always appreciated. Especially by, I assume, those fans who couldn't be expected to attend the meeting due to distance and wouldn't gain the insight that they do otherwise.
  • You couldn't make it up really, trouble is some people seem to think KHA has! I know what I would do at the next meeting just enjoy it and look after number one.
  • JT said:

East East, East Kent Addicks

Exhibit A

An East Kent Charlton fan and season ticket holder presently in Australia who no doubt appreciates a report of such a meeting from his local branch.

Hope you are enjoying yourself JT.
  • Iaitch, I have no problem with you expressing your opinion but you accused me of doing something that I didn't do. I just pointed it out to you.

I wasn't going to do a write up as I thought someone else would, I did it in the end to stop the abuse aimed at those that went and didn't want to.

However, you can't have it both ways. If, as you say, people are going to be dissecting these things then it will encourage people not to bother.

It would have been wrong for me not to mention it when I might have, in error, added to KM woes by accusing her of lying, when I'm not sure she did, and I wasn't saying she did.

What have I accused you of exactly?

It seems you had had a drink, misheard things and then write your opinion. OK you're not a journalist but it seems I can't comment on your opinion.

I agree with Ken Jennings reply to your article/opinion/comment about the underlying tone.

• I'd edit that number buddy

It's correct on the Fans' link under Supporter Groups on the OS, nla.

• Thank you Kingshill, a good report that gave the flavour of the meeting which was easy to read and follow.

I now fully understand why a branch would not bother to write minutes and circulate, there are just too many negative people who just want to dig out anyone and everyone.

Credit our Katrein for bothering to turn up. Like the rest of the Charlton team, she is young, makes mistakes, and will get better.
  • iaitch said:

You accused me of this. I wasn't putting her down.

I'm not going to carry on this conversation. As I've said I might have misquoted her, all be it I didn't ever say they were direct quotes. I didn't want to give that impression, and saying that I believe that the player (and, for the record most players, and most individuals) move for money has no impact on her, ans wasn't, in my view, putting her down.