Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Kent Addicks Meeting with KM on 26th Feb

Did I miss the write up/feedback on this 'record attendance' meeting held last week?

Or did it not happen?

Comments

• East Kent rules apply.

No write up and no mention. Their group, their rules.

Do any other groups have meetings soon.

PS. What was that car I saw you driving up Charlton Lane last night? Where is the jag?
  • It's the wifes. Always bring it to home games as it's easier to park. Got a speeding ticket in it on the way to the Norwich game though. First ever.

Jag's still purring away nicely.
  • Weird that there's been no chat
  • Strange that nobody who attended (non-commitee) has commented at all.

Very much against the grain of what other groups do - but as you say, you organise, your club, crack on.
  • edited March 2015
    We do not market our meetings on here, nor any other forum. As I stated, the meetings are advertised via Twitter, email to our members and by the official site. By advertising on here did not attract any extra members or increase our meeting attendances. Similarly it has not affected our meeting attendances by not advertising on here.

We have not advertised a meeting on here since the abuse we received over a year or so ago for not reporting what Michael Slater had said. Why should we advertise and report on a forum where we are constantly ridiculed? The fact that people have not reported on the meeting surely goes to show that we do not have a strong membership base that are on Charlton Life.

Again, as I have stated, if those that attended want to report on meetings then fine, we have no problem with that. But we as a committee will not report on our own meetings as we feel that this will detract from people attending. Otherwise we might as well have the meeting as committee only and then report on here what was said for everyone to see. In fact I believe that I am now the only active committee member on Charlton Life, and I for one will not be reporting on the meetings.

Len - I appreciate that the international members cannot attend our meetings. However, the proportion of international members is small compared to those living in the South East area. I drive to Charlton for every home game, and as such I know that it is a 45 minute to an hour journey via the M20/M2 and the A2, so it is not a long distance for those to travel that are not local.

As I asked previously, are any of those that are criticising us members of their local supporters' group such as NWKA, Bromley or Eltham? Do they regularly attend their meetings? Or do they all sit on Charlton Life waiting for the reports of the latest meetings for all of the other groups. I believe that it is only really Bromley Addicks that advertise and report on here. I rarely see any of the other groups advertise their meetings on here, or read reports of their meetings. Why has no one asked for reports on previous meetings this season with Morgan Fox and Chris Solly? Or Igor Vetokele and George Tucudean?

It is bloody hard work organising meetings, getting guests to attend (even from within the club) and organising our Christmas and end of season dinners. So do not criticise those that do just for not reporting on them if you are not willing to attend any of them in the first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:

We do not market our meetings on here, nor any other forum. As I stated, the meetings are advertised via Twitter, email to our members and by the official site. By advertising on here did not attract any extra members or increase our meeting attendances. Similarly it has not affected our meeting attendances by not advertising on here.

We have not advertised a meeting on here since the abuse we received over a year or so ago for not reporting what Michael Slater had said. Why should we advertise and report on a forum where we are constantly ridiculed? The fact that people have not reported on the meeting surely goes to show that we do not have a strong membership base that are on Charlton Life.

Again, as I have stated, if those that attended want to report on meetings then fine, we have no problem with that. But we as a committee will not report on our own meetings as we feel that this will detract from people attending. Otherwise we might as well have the meeting as committee only and then report on here what was said for everyone to see. In fact I believe that I am now the only active committee member on Charlton Life, and I for one will not be reporting on the meetings.

Len - I appreciate that the international members cannot attend our meetings. However, the proportion of international members is small compared to those living in the South East area. I drive to Charlton for every home game, and as such I know that it is a 45 minute to an hour journey via the M20/M2 and the A2, so it is not a long distance for those to travel that are not local.

As I asked previously, are any of those that are criticising us members of their local supporters' group such as NWKA, Bromley or Eltham? Do they regularly attend their meetings? Or do they all sit on Charlton Life waiting for the reports of the latest meetings for all of the other groups. I believe that it is only really Bromley Addicks that advertise and report on here. I rarely see any of the other groups advertise their meetings on here, or read reports of their meetings. Why has no one asked for reports on previous meetings this season with Morgan Fox and Chris Solly? Or Igor Vetokele and George Tucudean?

It is bloody hard work organising meetings, getting guests to attend (even from within the club) and organising our Christmas and end of season dinners. So do not criticise those that do just for not reporting on them if you are not willing to attend any of them in the first place.

Are we allowed to know how many of your "in excess of 400 members" attended the meeting, Ross?
  • Charlton fans like most followers (perhaps more so) are passionate about their side and like any snippets of "real" info rather than media speculation. I' d be just as interested in anecdotes from Chris, Morgan, George and Igor as those from Katrein. Do you really think people will stay away from your events if you report them on social media? (but so what, is your venue income more important than fellow addicks?) You really are a sad individual, not sure if I consider you a fellow fan. Bracket you with tossers who abuse those in red on pitch and of course Reams.
  • Ross said:

We do not openly report on meetings anymore as we feel that if people want to know what occurred they should attend. We advertise to our members of upcoming meetings, and this is also advertised on Twitter and via the club. This meeting was a members only meeting, and as such was not advertised by the club.

If those that attended want to report on the meetings then fine. But none of the committee members will do so.

We are not a secretive council. We have a strong membership in excess of 400 and have well supported meetings with current and former players many times a year, as well as Christmas and end of season dinners, and have been doing so for four years. We have also donated to the Charlton Upbeats, support the club through Valley Gold, and have donated to Dave Ramzan, a strong member of East Kent Addicks, as he participates in the London Marathon this year.

Despite the criticism that we draw on here, we will continue in this vein. We have advertised meetings on here in the past and this has not drawn in any extra members. Those on here that have attended our meetings in the past are on our database, and as such are aware of our meetings. @Addickted is one of those I believe, and so could have attended on Thursday if he was that interested in what Katrien had to say.

If those that want to criticise want to attend our meetings, then follow @EastKentAddicks on Twitter, email ekaddicks@talktalk.net to be added to our database to receive emails about meetings, or keep an eye on the official site for when meetings are announced. You may then see that we are not secretive and you may have a bloody good time.

If you do not want to attend, may I ask if you are a member of another supporters' group? If not, then maybe join one of those and attend their meetings instead of waiting for reports on here.

Oh the power!
  • Sponsored links:

• All East Kent Addicks Meetings are open to all Charlton Supporters and everyone who attends is totally free to post exactly what they like on here or any other forum.

Ross said:

We do not openly report on meetings anymore as we feel that if people want to know what occurred they should attend. We advertise to our members of upcoming meetings, and this is also advertised on Twitter and via the club. This meeting was a members only meeting, and as such was not advertised by the club.

• Wow just wow
  • All men are created equal ... Apart from EKA
  • Sounds like a cult from the new series of The Following with Ross as the lead baddie.
  • Ross the boss.
  • It would be nice if people who go to these meetings - any of them - would just come on CL, and say something like "You know, before I went to the meeting, I thought X but after listening to Katrien I think Y, because..."

After all that is pretty much what the club want to happen. Does anybody think they want 100 or so people to keep things to themselves? It's all about being adult and respecting what remains P&C (usually what whoever from the club says is P&C before they reveal the info) while feeling able to challenge common misconceptions that most of the rest of us may hold.

But this has been a problem for years and not confined to this group.
  • Ross said:

Are we allowed to know how many of your "in excess of 400 members" attended the meeting, Ross?
    We are allowed to know, but then he will have to kill us, I am not sure I wish to take that risk. Your call Airman.
  • I don't agree with Ross or the stance of EKA but some of the abuse is way way OTT.

Then again claims like 400 members when there is no charge and no mention of how many attend do leave the group open to question.