Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Ath vs Brentford | Sat 14th Feb 2015 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Ok, understand now Dick.

I just knew that had to be written by someone who was there.

Really hope it not too long before your back.

Either Roland go's or see the errors of his ways ?

Don't hold your breath.

• Ok, understand now Dick.

I just knew that had to be written by someone who was there.

Really hope it not too long before your back.

Either Roland go's or see the errors of his ways ?

Don't hold your breath.

I doubt that Roland would listen to us, his customers, its no way to run a Business. The silence coming out of the Club is deafening. I will be there on Wednesday in the hope that we can find a way to put pressure on him.

• You keep going to the under 21 and 18 games Dick, your info is always interesting
  • Luzon says supporters must get behind him and the team. I suppose it's not totally his fault but how can we supporters get fully behind him when there is no evidence he can do the job. It's RD that needs to get behind the team and supply a suitable manager and players.
  • Well lose, by a lot!
    I will shout stuff!
    Then I'll go home and watch the voice!
    Life don't get much better than this!
  • this is when the players need our support so let get behind the team even though the manger is a prat
  • edited February 2015
    Sounds like Warburton may have left Brentford tonight according to Sky.

Bit more on the problems there here:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-spending-row-behind-mark-warburton-exit-talk-10044155.html
  • Despite all the depression at the Valley at the moment and everything being such a mess all I would like is to see a win. No matter who is in charge or who plays, getting enough points to stay up, for now is all that matters. The meeting next week is important but we so badly need to stop the rot at the same time. Brentford have been very impressive which surprises me as they looked ordinary back in August. Tight match but won late on by Brentford 1-0 with a goal from a corner.
  • Brentford have sold out their 2,000 tickets allocated. Pay on the gate for them now.

They'll have more than us!
  • Sounds like Warburton may have left Brentford tonight according to Sky.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-spending-row-behind-mark-warburton-exit-talk-10044155.html

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11748/9713620/mark-warburton-to-leave-brentford-at-end-of-the-season

So, Sky say Warburton is expected to leave Brentford at the end of the season. How do you translate that to he may leave tonight ?

Or am I missing some other news ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Warburton may have left Brentford tonight according to Sky.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11748/9713620/mark-warburton-to-leave-brentford-at-end-of-the-season

So, Sky say Warburton is expected to leave Brentford at the end of the season. How do you translate that to he may leave tonight ?

Or am I missing some other news ?
    It's what Sky were implying on TV earlier today. They've obviously backtracked since then.

• I have no idea why - and despite seeing 60-70 minutes of abject football on Tuesday night - but I am quite upbeat tomorrow. That will probably last about 15 minutes. And we might even get 11-12,000 as well.
  • Luzon says supporters must get behind him and the team. I suppose it's not totally his fault but how can we supporters get fully behind him when there is no evidence he can do the job. It's RD that needs to get behind the team and supply a suitable manager and players.

Luzon can't shift the blame for selections or results, so he has to start looking for new channel to apportion blame. It's clearly all our fault ...

• It may sound very disloyal and perverse but I think the best result for the club would be a humiliating and heavy home defeat that might just put enough pressure on RD to get rid of Luzon who must already have one of the the worst 'new manager' records in football history.

We can then appoint an emergency unity coach (I think Keith Peacock has already been suggested) to keep the boys fighting to the death to avoid the drop. This would get universal support around the club and the long term solution can be addressed in the close season.

A flukey 1-0 home win will not paper over the cracks of a splintered and fractured football club that is currently going nowhere but down the tubes.

Never in a month of Sundays would Peacock be brought in, although in a strange way I think he would suffer Duchatelet for three months, if only for his love of Charlton.
  • I have zero expectations for today. Last time we played well was for 45 minutes vs Cardiff.

Brentford are decent, we seem to lack any kind of game plan so it all points to a loss. Which I hope will mean the end of Luzon.

• For everybody that is hoping Luzon gets the chop(I would not cry tears), my question to you is who REALISTICALLY do you think would come in?
  • Season starts here, THIS IS A MUST WIN!!!
  • For everybody that is hoping Luzon gets the chop(I would not cry tears), my question to you is who REALISTICALLY do you think would come in?

Brentford manager under threat, tap him up this afternoon. Should please RD that he has done well with not a lot. Did not want to sign any players in Jan as would unsettle squad, they have a committee of 4 making decisions there so already used to network conditions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every dog has its day.
    2-0 Charlton.

No manager would touch us with a bargepole at the moment. Luzon isn't the problem, the 'Network' is the problem.

Despite this, I think this will be 3-1 to the Addicks.
  • I'm dreading it today. Can't see where the next win is coming from 3-0 Brentford
  • edited February 2015
    From Sky "Mark Warburton will be axed as Brentford manager at the end of the season – after refusing to sign overseas players he had not watched" - my kind of Guy, up the Bees :smile:
  • Fumbluff said:

From Sky "Mark Warburton will be axed as Brentford manager at the end of the season – after refusing to sign overseas players he had not watched" - my kind of Guy, up the Bees :smile:

Warburton is just the sort of British manager that the FL is running low on, fair play to him for that. Obviously got some fucking worth, managers should have say in who they sign - hence why we've got a coach who is chucked them.
  • Good test of whether Luzon has any managerial skills or not - if he has learned that 2 strikers are better than 1 striker and a pretend one and that Jordan Cousins is better in centre midfield than on the left wing and he can generate some motivation and team spirit from the 2nd half performance against Norwich then we stand a chance.

We all need to listen to what JJ is saying about the role of the crowd as well.
  • Will be going, hope to see some positivity on the pitch. Got to go round my dads and fix stuff first was thinking it might overrun, but I will get there.
  • I have zero expectations for today. Last time we played well was for 45 minutes vs Cardiff.

Brentford are decent, we seem to lack any kind of game plan so it all points to a loss. Which I hope will mean the end of Luzon.

I thought we played well against Ipswich
  • it certainly says something about the state of us at the moment when Brentford are considered favourites for this game and we're at home!
    really fed up with this winless run, it's been far too long...but it's a London derby, so here's hoping this will ignite us today
  • Ketts says both Henderson and Johnson start today.