Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Ath vs Brentford | Sat 14th Feb 2015 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• ross1 said:

Just read Ketts' comments about player morale with Luzon, if this is correct (knowing Ketts, I see no reason to doubt it), this is more worrying than no more loanees coming in, if the players here do not want to play for the Head coach, no way is RD going to sack him again already, so it has to be relegation.

What's this Ketts guy said?
  • ross1 said:

Just read Ketts' comments about player morale with Luzon, if this is correct (knowing Ketts, I see no reason to doubt it), this is more worrying than no more loanees coming in, if the players here do not want to play for the Head coach, no way is RD going to sack him again already, so it has to be relegation.

Players not happy and complained to the board when he was appointed.
  • ross1 said:

Would not surprise me, saw something which I hope I misinterpreted on Tuesday, Luzon looked to be saying something to Igor in the first half and Igor just threw his arm back and looked in the other direction
  • Brentford have sold out their 2,000 tickets allocated. Pay on the gate for them now.
  • 1-2 / 1-3 Brentford. Another step toward a record breaking not winning run. Unfortunately. Brentford are not in the top 6 for nothing.
  • Brentford have something in abundance which we dont-TEAM SPIRIT,back in our heady premiership days under Curbs we Had it in abundance,and also under CP too bless him;now our players just seem to be so hacked off and i cant see how they will fight for the shirt with Luzon and RD at the Healm. Charlton 1-3 Brentford. Hope i'm wrong
  • Wow, Just looked at the table - we're in trouble.
  • 0-2 Brentford, and, being the optimist, I don't think I've ever predicted us to lose. This isn't my Charlton.
  • 1StevieG said:

If we can play for the full 90 minutes, have at least 1 player in the centre circle at oppo corners, pass to red shirts, take corners and free kicks that beat the first defender, create chances for our strikers and defend like our lives depended on it then we may have a chance.

Here, have a look at this bridge I'd like to sell you.
  • ross1 said:

Who is this Ketts and what is his source?
  • Sponsored links:

• What's our longest non winning run?

I know we had a fair few when we went down last time, and then we beat Palace with Spring scoring, i think? Was that 15 without a win?

• Anyone got a link to ketts article , whoever that is .... Is it Dr Kish ???

• Players not happy and complained to the board when he was appointed.

Would not surprise me, saw something which I hope I misinterpreted on Tuesday, Luzon looked to be saying something to Igor in the first half and Igor just threw his arm back and looked in the other direction

If Igor did not like it, tough. The players did not like Bob and got him sacked. Now some are saying they do not like Luzon. What is this? Are we saying the players should elect a manager?

Igor has been off his game for a long while. Obviously Luzon is not happy with his performance to date, and for that matter, neither was I as it is unacceptable from a player who is said to cost £3.5 mil not to be able to control a ball.

From an earlier press conference Guy would not be drawn on the subject; so one assumes words have been said.

What I did see Tuesday was a marked change in both his effort and performance and it was a lovely touch to Watt for his goal. I do not expect him or any other player to be happy when criticised, but respect to him for responding.

The second half Tuesday showed to me that Luzon must have something about him and all this hate for a manager just getting to grips in a new job is all a bit bizarre.

I realise a lot of you do not like RD, fine. But please, can we just get behind the players and the manager.
  • 2-2 Brentford take the lead, we then go 2-1 up only for them to equalise in the last 10 minutes.

There will be a match thread, but I'm not sure if I'll be back in time to start it.
  • edited February 2015
    After Tuesday, I'm willing to trying something with an attacking threat. Hendo obviously starts in goal if fit. On reflection, everyone a bit too keen to drop Bikey for a player who hasn't played any football in months and who has a questionable attitude.
  • My team.

Dmitrovic
    Solly, Johnson, Ben Haim, Wiggins
    Gudmundsson, Cousins, Lepoint, Harriott,
    Watt, Vetokele

Subs Etheridge, Gomez, Wilson, Jackson, Buyens, Church, Bulot
  • We will win this 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

My team.

Dmitrovic
    Watt, Vetokele

Good post at 8.19AM.

Do you think Johnson is ready dick?
  • Dick Plumb, Having read what you said at 8.19am, you can only be saying
    that if you were There ? If not, who is passing the info to you?

I have felt for some time we need to evolve into a 3-5-2 side.
    Which would help Chris and Rhoys, but this only works if you have some pace in your back 3 which is why Bikey must drop out the side.
    Gomez and TBH would cope and Johnson's should cope if he reads the game well.
    I don't think Roger Johnson is the sort of man who will hold back if the tactics are crap.
    Hope i'm wrong but still can't see any light at the end of Roland's Tunnel.
  • Still can't work out why I still put myself through it every week. XI would be:

--------------Dmitrovic--------------

Solly/Gomez---TBH---Johnson---Wiggins

------Jackson/Buyens-----Cousins------

JBG----------------------------Harriott

-----------Igor-------Watt------------

Solly if he's 100% fit, Gomez if he's not. Would probably play JJ over Buyens, to give Buyens a kick up the ass if anything. Hopefully with Cousins in the middle JJ's lack of mobility wouldn't be as exposed, he still has a decent left foot and could spray the ball around if he can find a yard or two of space.

We're not getting anywhere by trying to stay compact like we did in the first half against Norwich, and it's certainly not good viewing. Would rather see us go for it and get beat!

2-1 Charlton, Watt and Igor again.

Like this team a lot! JJ as a deep lying creative midfielder.. cousins doing the donkey work! These can both drop in and cover for the full backs to allow them to overlap which can allow the wingers particularly JBG to cut inside as he likes to do and join the strikers in the middle!

Solid defensive base but plenty of pace to hit on the break!

COYA!
  • Ketts/Dr Kish is usually spot on with these things, has good inside knowledge. If so, good news on Henderson.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201502&date=20150213&time=0721
  • Over the last 6 league games ourselves and Wigan have only picked up two points, in that time Millwall and Brighton have accrued 7 and Blackpool 6. At this rate in six games time we will be in the bottom 3 and will go down. We need a win asap.
  • cfgs said:

Over the last 6 league games ourselves and Wigan have only picked up two points, in that time Millwall and Brighton have accrued 7 and Blackpool 6. At this rate in six games time we will be in the bottom 3 and will go down. We need a win asap.

The only thing that will stop us going into the bottom 3 if both Wall and Brighton win this weekend is goal difference. Ours at the moment is better than Millwall's by six I think, so I think we'll still be out the bottom 3 if they both win and we lose, but this might be the last weekend we can say that.

Psychologically it will be interesting to see how the team reacts if we do fall into the bottom 3. I always say to myself, it's a fresh start, let's be positive for every game and we are 3pts off the bottom 3, so if we win the worst we can be is 3pts off the bottom 3. Yet once you slip in, you get in the 'even if we win, we could still be x pts off safety etc'

• Big_Bob said:

dickplumb said:

My team.

Dmitrovic
    Watt, Vetokele

Good post at 8.19AM.

Do you think Johnson is ready dick?
    Yes, I think Johnson is ready fanny :-)

Morts - Ketts and Dr Kish are one & the same.

• Charlton win 2-1
  • I have an invitation to something else on Saturday. If I go to that, this will be the first home game I shall voluntarily miss in 30 years.

Same here, I've got to change the batteries in the smoke alarm.
  • Dick Plumb, Having read what you said at 8.19am, you can only be saying
    that if you were There ? If not, who is passing the info to you?

I have felt for some time we need to evolve into a 3-5-2 side.
    Which would help Chris and Rhoys, but this only works if you have some pace in your back 3 which is why Bikey must drop out the side.
    Gomez and TBH would cope and Johnson's should cope if he reads the game well.
    I don't think Roger Johnson is the sort of man who will hold back if the tactics are crap.
    Hope i'm wrong but still can't see any light at the end of Roland's Tunnel.

My post at 8.19 was Dr Kish's post, copied and pasted. I still go to the training ground but haven't been to the Valley, or away since Ms Meire lied to us. I will reiterate what i have said before i won't be going to support the first team till the Belgians have gone. I will probably go to see Welling United next season as well as popping down to the Training ground, to see the U18s and U21s give 100 per cent for the shirt.
    Sad days.