Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• cabbles said:

How will I be able to recognise other lifers and know who to sit with? I'd quite like to put a face to some names but I'm pretty sure the likes of @ValleyGary doesn't look like a snail and @MrLargo isn't a despicable looking villan :wink: I for one don't look anything like Steve Claridge, so if anyone thinks they're going to meet someone with 907,548 clubs and 147 goals then they'll be mightily disappointed.

In all serious well done to the Trust for suggesting and mobilising it. I hope to be there

Ive changed my profile pic so you know what i look like.
    I just can't get my head round it VG, bring back the snail.........
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

How will I be able to recognise other lifers and know who to sit with? I'd quite like to put a face to some names but I'm pretty sure the likes of @ValleyGary doesn't look like a snail and @MrLargo isn't a despicable looking villan :wink: I for one don't look anything like Steve Claridge, so if anyone thinks they're going to meet someone with 907,548 clubs and 147 goals then they'll be mightily disappointed.

In all serious well done to the Trust for suggesting and mobilising it. I hope to be there

Ive changed my profile pic so you know what i look like.
    I just can't get my head round it VG, bring back the snail.........
    It was creeping me out a bit as well mate.
  • Ffs NLA there will be 100's there.

I am sure that you are right, but turn out will depend on Date, Time and Venue.

But it shouldn't, if you have the fear like being said then attendance to the meeting should be high on the list of priorities
  • masicat said:

I didn't like the attack on Luzon last week and I wouldn't support anything that involves any attack on players or manager. However, as a club sponsor and long term supporter I would be lying if I didn't say things currently seem to be going from bad to worse. I am also a friend of Ben Kensell who has kept very quiet about the way he was treated at the Valley. We also lost people like Dave Archer which is a real shame. Imam not a Trust member but I will be joining today and will attend any meeting along with my sons and friends who sit with me in the East. As long as the meeting isn't half term week, you can count on 5 or 6 attending from me.

Good man, masicat. You know it makes sense.

Not sure whether it's been mentioned before, but Dave Colgan is leaving the Club too.....

• Would certainly like to be there if it goes ahead. Assume it would be local to Charlton/Greenwich areas?
  • hawksmoor said:

I'm in, brothers and sisters.

All together now; Your Sister is your Mother,....'

• Would certainly like to be there if it goes ahead. Assume it would be local to Charlton/Greenwich areas?

I understand that's the intention.

But it shouldn't, if you have the fear like being said then attendance to the meeting should be high on the list of priorities
    Not everyone can get in to London or Charlton, every day of the week, due to work / family.

Surely on a home match day / evening, in the Charlton area makes sense, as so many people will be there. But i appreciate that isn't practical, either.

I like the remote access idea, but understand that is unlikely to be possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• After a home game would be tricky to organise but could be huge for numbers

however, should we win the game convincingly no-one would turn up to the meeting because football fans are just fickle mug punters :(
  • what happens if you get a venue that holds 250 and 400 turn-up? That surely raises safety issues. Plus if some fans, as indicated, have travelled maybe a couple of hundred miles and can't get in they won't be best pleased. Has ticketing been considered?
  • what happens if you get a venue that holds 250 and 400 turn-up? That surely raises safety issues. Plus if some fans, as indicated, have travelled maybe a couple of hundred miles and can't get in they won't be best pleased. Has ticketing been considered?

Those involved are aware of these issues. Work is going on to secure a venue, but no point crossing that bridge until it's reached.

You love Charlton, but don't go to games, so how about not lecturing others.
  • I go to games just this season before the fear even raised its head I made the decision not to go

As for lecturing I disagree, if people are as serious as they say on here and genuinely believe the heart has been ripped out and that we are on the brink of terrible things ahead

Then this meeting is a must attend, others who don't even agree with the points made are going to attend

You can't make noises and statements like the hearts been ripped out, Rd is killing the soul of the club then not attend to find out what you can do about it

Will seem to me if that's the case that people will post and vent their anger yet do nothing about it therefore it can't really be that bad or that important

If that's a lecture then so be it, my support history of cafc is there to be counted alongside many others, in the years money time effort and blood I have put in following cafc

If I was concerned that much I'd probably change my work pattern to suit the meeting and also my travel plans

• Well I'll be skiing in France and won't be coming back for the meeting, so I'd better stop complaining about the owner.
  • edited February 2015

I go to games just this season before the fear even raised its head I made the decision not to go

As for lecturing I disagree, if people are as serious as they say on here and genuinely believe the heart has been ripped out and that we are on the brink of terrible things ahead

Then this meeting is a must attend, others who don't even agree with the points made are going to attend

You can't make noises and statements like the hearts been ripped out, Rd is killing the soul of the club then not attend to find out what you can do about it

Will seem to me if that's the case that people will post and vent their anger yet do nothing about it therefore it can't really be that bad or that important

If that's a lecture then so be it, my support history of cafc is there to be counted alongside many others, in the years money time effort and blood I have put in following cafc

If I was concerned that much I'd probably change my work pattern to suit the meeting and also my travel plans

Not everything is quite as black or white as you'd like to believe.
  • that's your choice

Those involved are aware of these issues. Work is going on to secure a venue, but no point crossing that bridge until it's reached.
    AB are you now part of the Trust organisers?
  • Sponsored links:

• a nd aat's why I don't believe the numbers will assist the concern

Same as when trust was mooted and the numbers were so low it showed the apathy of the support base

Nothing that's worth fighting for is meant to be easy

• And yes I was there and yes I believe in the trust and what it stands for

And yes I had to travel back from a meeting in Harrogate and put my kids into a form of child care at an expense to myself

Why because I believed in the need for the trust and if I believed in the need for this meeting is change my plans

• - gets the CE-Ho to tell us we "need to accept" that it's Roland's Way.

Really is that the level you are going to, playground name calling?

- I think Katrien Meire is also part of the problem. Her recent performance has shown very clearly that she is a bag-carrier and an apologist for the Chairman. It's an insult to our club that we have had someone like her foisted on us, and her handling of Liargate and even the Trust request for further dialogue on the strategy for the club (which is her primary role) is laughable. We must remember we are paying Customers in this business and if we need to respect the officers running the business, then they need to respect us too. Sorry if you were offended though.

If you look at my recent comments regarding Katrien you will see that I do not regard her as a CEO or a person of power.

Calling her a Ho, even as a play on words undermines the argument, personal attacks and denigrating women , is not helpful.

Kap - my mind doesn't work like yours and "Ho" is not a term I am familiar with around woman. My 'joke' was based on CE-Ho-Ho-Ho. Sorry again if I offended you.
  • As one of the Trusts biggest critics, I'm really pleased to see them playing a lead on this, and the support across all Charlton Forums this has generated.

I will do my utmost to be there once specifics have been confirmed.
  • @cardinalsin Its not a case of offending me, its a case of knowing all the meanings of the words you use and how they can be construed and not just by minds that work like mine. Especially considering the abusive words* that have been thrown at both KM and RD.

*As an example the tweet relating to KM "Tell her she is a whore and give her a slap."

Any way you have said that was not the interpretation you meant, so I'll move on.
  • Once the venue has been decided, and organized, then the internal physical structure could be considered. Personally I hate the 'classroom' style where people sit in seats facing a 'top table'. It is a bit divisive, and lends perhaps un-sought for authority to those on the top table, and closes an aspect of the openness of the meeting. Ideally there would be a great big round table, but that is unlikely. Anybody got any idea how we can avoid the physical structure from creating a hierarchy, and how we could best structure the space, and use any technology, to make as many people as possible feel comfortable about contributing?
  • Sorry PA

Is was not meaning trust members but in general terms of how to gauge levels of support

What's the number of members now

There is a counter on the home page. Currently say 1,067, and has been gently ticking upwards in the last few days, reflecting what people have said here and elsewhere, but clearly the more we have, the less grounds they have for ignoring us or claiming we only represent a 'faction".
  • seth plum said:

Once the venue has been decided, and organized, then the internal physical structure could be considered. Personally I hate the 'classroom' style where people sit in seats facing a 'top table'. It is a bit divisive, and lends perhaps un-sought for authority to those on the top table, and closes an aspect of the openness of the meeting. Ideally there would be a great big round table, but that is unlikely. Anybody got any idea how we can avoid the physical structure from creating a hierarchy, and how we could best structure the space, and use any technology, to make as many people as possible feel comfortable about contributing?

Not sure there's a round table in the country that could fit 100-250 people round it !

For a meeting of this size there probably needs to be a logical style (theatre style I think it's called in the industry) and I'm not sure that's avoidable.