Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• shirty5 said:

Ms Meire has suggested that we meet with a colleague to discuss what the club needs to do to maintain and grow the fanbase, she declined any dialogue on the vital matter of where the club is heading.

I doubt whether she actually has any idea. Maybe Roly hasn't either. His dream is to run a Network, not a successful football club.
  • I think the meeting is a great idea and urgently needed. I've read most of the postings on here, both for and against. As I live in rural Herefordshire/Powys, don't get the opportunity to visit The Valley as often as I like, but having supported this club for 50 odd years can see that things are going down hill at a great rate of knots. I used to love the atmosphere around the ground, in the pubs, on the train from Waterloo, the cheerful banter and rapport with fellow supporters. That has disappeared.The atmosphere is one of demoralisation, frustration and anger. A lot of posters are talking about how they can't be bothered any more going to games, I understand their sentiments and can empathise with them. THIS is the danger, that the support will dwindle, fans will find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon and never return. Therefore, supporters need to address this now and not wait until it is too late. We need answers and not some made up crap to keep us happy. We are not stupid people and the sooner RD/KM et all realise this , the better for all involved. How ridiculous was the appointment of Luzon, after having allegedly 20 + applications and interviews, they appoint the unemployed manager from RD's network. You really don't need to be a brain surgeon to see what is going on.
    Can't attend the meeting in person but as a paid up Trust member, will be adding my support 100%.
  • edited February 2015
    Taxi Lad said:

''Then give me an answer as to how a multi millionaire investor
    who believes in bringing through home grown players has "ripped out the heart if the club "

So called investor who sold our best striker, then used that money to repair the pitch.
    Also gave away a decent CB and 100% club man in Morro our vice-capt.
    Guilty of bringing in a load of substandard men from the network.
    Do you need any more answers
  • edited February 2015
    As far as I remember there was no mention of the pitch when Kermorgant was sold. It could plausibly be argued that the fee was spent on Polish Pete. It's a convenient retrospective justification but it doesn't seem to have occurred to the club to use it until much more recently.
  • As far as I remember there was no mention of the pitch when Kermorgant was sold. It could plausibly be argued that the fee was spent on Polish Pete. It's a convenient retrospective justification but it doesn't seem to have occurred to the club to use it until much more recently.

To me it seems silly to belatedly say they used the Kermorgant money for a new pitch. If they'd have kept quiet about it, it would've made RD look like he has invested in the club out of his own money. I'm confused why they cam out and said it at all.
  • Kermy stood up for CP - and RD is not having any of that sort of behavior, so out you go !
  • I wouldn't offer it out to the wider media outlets until you realise the size of support, as if only 50-75 people turn up you aren't going to seemingly have a good % of fans who share the concern

Record it yourself take pics and release to media based on number in meeting

One way or the other the meeting will either indicate that concerns are founded amongst a high percentage or it will show that the bulk % of fans do not care nor realise the concerns

If the latter then you have a huge task explaining to the wider base in detail the facts that supports the concern and if the wider fan base is still non plus then the time to continue and keep trying to get the message across will need to be planned and delivered in detail

• cabbles said:

As far as I remember there was no mention of the pitch when Kermorgant was sold. It could plausibly be argued that the fee was spent on Polish Pete. It's a convenient retrospective justification but it doesn't seem to have occurred to the club to use it until much more recently.

To me it seems silly to belatedly say they used the Kermorgant money for a new pitch. If they'd have kept quiet about it, it would've made RD look like he has invested in the club out of his own money. I'm confused why they cam out and said it at all.
    He knew the state of the pitch before he completed the takeover and told Paddy P the day he arrived it would be replaced. In a roundabout way the sale of YK probably did fund some of the pitch, but was he sold to help fund the pitch, I don't think so !
  • Sponsored links:

• let's not go over YK on here again

I don't agree with alot of what concerns people and if you hijack the thread the message will be lost and I think the meeting is a great idea to gauge levels, those who only ffrequent here to get info won't go through the thread if it just repeats two years old bullshit
  • Is anyone able to offer any details about the rumour of Luzon causing trouble at Sparrows Lane? I realise that it's only a rumour but I'm interested to know the nature of the alleged behaviour.
  • NWCorner said:

cabbles said:

He knew the state of the pitch before he completed the takeover and told Paddy P the day he arrived it would be replaced. In a roundabout way the sale of YK probably did fund some of the pitch, but was he sold to help fund the pitch, I don't think so !
    NWCorner said:

cabbles said:

Exactly. The state of the pitch must have been taken into account when Roly negotiated a price. If you buy a house and the surveyor finds woodworm, and roof repairs needed, you negotiate a reduction, same thing. So Roly gets no cigar from me.
  • Kap10 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

kentred2 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Oh dear! I will attend, not to laugh in anyone's face (bed wetters or not) but to try and understand cos I just don't get it.
    All this "ripping the heart out ...." And "getting our club back" is just nonsense to me. It doesn't make sense as it has no foundation. And all the Belgian hating is bordering on racism (or at best xenophobia).
    For me it boils down to poor results/performances which has cast disillusionment over us after a solid start to the season. I'm sure some of you will argue otherwise but in your heart of hearts would you really be up in arms if we were still in the top six? I am damn sure a huge percentage wouldn't be.

You will never get it sadly. You just haven't got a clue.
    Then give me an answer as to how a multi millionaire investor who believes in bringing through home grown players has "ripped out the heart if the club "
    - gets the CE-Ho to tell us we "need to accept" that it's Roland's Way.
    Really is that the level you are going to, playground name calling?
    - I think Katrien Meire is also part of the problem. Her recent performance has shown very clearly that she is a bag-carrier and an apologist for the Chairman. It's an insult to our club that we have had someone like her foisted on us, and her handling of Liargate and even the Trust request for further dialogue on the strategy for the club (which is her primary role) is laughable. We must remember we are paying Customers in this business and if we need to respect the officers running the business, then they need to respect us too. Sorry if you were offended though.
    If you look at my recent comments regarding Katrien you will see that I do not regard her as a CEO or a person of power.

Calling her a Ho, even as a play on words undermines the argument, personal attacks and denigrating women , is not helpful.
  • As far as I remember there was no mention of the pitch when Kermorgant was sold. It could plausibly be argued that the fee was spent on Polish Pete. It's a convenient retrospective justification but it doesn't seem to have occurred to the club to use it until much more recently.

Exactly what I thought at the time. I thought the comment about Kermorgant's money paying for the pitch was yet more disingenuous bullshit.

Any person who bought the club would have HAD to replace the pitch also, this was obviously stated/known at negotiations.
  • Find numbers first fanny imo turn up with 50 people in a room and the press coverage will do more harm than good

It must be atleast 25 to 30% of trust members in attendance to hold any sort of weight in opinion behind the issues

Even then 70% of trust members not fussed enough to attend a meeting wouldn't look good

It could be spun by the club that 70% support the decisions and therefore they will continue regardless

This meeting if your concerned is a must attend and In high numbers
  • I think calling a meeting is a great first step, well done to all behind it who will have to organise it all. There will be a lot of things we can do as fans in the interim, but the only ultimate solution is for a different owner with a totally different vision to replace RD. So one aim of the meeting should be how we can help to achieve that in the medium to long term. I think this will be a long hard grind, which fans need to be up for, I can only hope that we don't fall out of the Championship in the meantime.
  • Ffs NLA there will be 100's there.
  • I hope so even though I don't subscribe to the view

If there is reasonable concern and it's as heart felt as some make out on here then get your backsides to the meeting and prove it
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Is anyone able to offer any details about the rumour of Luzon causing trouble at Sparrows Lane? I realise that it's only a rumour but I'm interested to know the nature of the alleged behaviour.

This, can anyone shed any light ...
  • Sorry PA

Is was not meaning trust members but in general terms of how to gauge levels of support

What's the number of members now

• Sorry if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread but has a venue been considered? Clearly this will be dependent on numbers although that won't be known for certain until the day of the meeting. The last thing we need is a hall for a thousand when 50 turn up - or indeed the other way around! Would KM be invited? (doubt she would turn up though but worth an invite I would suggest).

It's a 500 mile round trip for me but given sufficient notice I would hope to be there.
  • Find numbers first fanny imo turn up with 50 people in a room and the press coverage will do more harm than good

It must be atleast 25 to 30% of trust members in attendance to hold any sort of weight in opinion behind the issues

Even then 70% of trust members not fussed enough to attend a meeting wouldn't look good

It could be spun by the club that 70% support the decisions and therefore they will continue regardless

This meeting if your concerned is a must attend and In high numbers

Don't think numbers attending will be a problem, myself
  • bobmunro said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread but has a venue been considered? Clearly this will be dependent on numbers although that won't be known for certain until the day of the meeting. The last thing we need is a hall for a thousand when 50 turn up - or indeed the other way around! Would KM be invited? (doubt she would turn up though but worth an invite I would suggest).

It's a 500 mile round trip for me but given sufficient notice I would hope to be there.

A couple of venues are being considered.

It's an open meeting, if KM wants to turn up she can.
  • Like I said above I hope so because the sentiment and effort deserves that alone

However I thought more would attend the first trust meeting but never and I thought back then the need was more

I'd like there to be 300-500 at this meeting but I reckon 100-150 will be closer to the number
  • edited February 2015

I hope so even though I don't subscribe to the view

If there is reasonable concern and it's as heart felt as some make out on here then get your backsides to the meeting and prove it

I think we are agreed that the venue needs to hold at least 250 if possible. I'd be more concerned about people not coming because they think they won't get in than a poor turnout damaging perceptions. We have two weeks and two home games to get the message out.

Remember that many hundreds turned out for the planning overspill meeting in 1991, for the original planning meeting in 1990, for a public discussion meeting at Greenwich in 1988/89 and at the Valley Club in 1986. Different times and different issues, but there were fewer of us then too. If we can get a substantial turnout I think that of itself will make a point, not least to the media.
  • And I hope every single seat is filled and that the meeting comes out with a workable strategy and ways to measure effectiveness of what ever is chosen as the plan of action

And that you all continue to get the word out of the facts that are behind concern, not just fear and thoughts

To generate the correct level of attendees in future meetings then facts will need to be put on the table
  • I'm in, brothers and sisters.