Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shameful Antics With Away Support

Comments

• I thought our away support was very well behaved, in the Wetherspoons after the third went in..

The sad thing is, this is true.

The Wetherspoons all over the Football towns/cities love it when CAFC are around.

The new away end for the deserters.

Why don't you suffer like the rest of us.

Unfortunately I think there are fans who go out on a Saturday to various parts of the country to throw some beer down their neck. It just so happens there is a football match going on too. With the team 3-0 at half time and no alcohol on sale, the people that left the game showed that their priorities are to carry on get pissed rather than support the team.
  • i actually enjoyed the singing in the pub, I think that's what away games should be like. Don't get me wrong there is a knob head element to some of it. The 'off to work we go song' what's that all about?
  • Rather than wasting the fiver on flowers, you should have sent here the money instead. Would have seen our transfer budget double instantly.

Bollocks.

We don't have £2.50
  • I certainly had a feeling of "if you cant take it don't give it out" when their Number 8 took the corner that led to the 4th goal. He was getting a wide range of abuse and hand gestures. They scored and he cupped his ears in the direction of those giving it out and smiled at them. The cue for mock outrage and pretending to try and 'push' past the stewards to get at him. My 2 kids are now teenagers and have heard it all, but the bloke behind be with a kid of about 5-6 yelling C*** every 30 seconds should have a long hard think.
  • Oh please GP, she`s a big girl now! In a position of control and trust. He wanted answers it would seem. How would you have asked her GP?

Sorry Rev we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe that every person has a right to privacy, any approach from me would always be made politely during working hours. Quite frankly I would imagine that she was feeling pig sick herself, and the last thing that she wanted was to be approached in that way. I repeat, what did he expect to achieve ?
  • edited January 2015

I thought our away support was very well behaved, in the Wetherspoons after the third went in..

The Wetherspoons all over the Football towns/cities love it when CAFC are around.

I heard we were banned from the Hope Tap in Reading this year?
  • edited January 2015
    I had never seen such a queue of lads waiting to refresh their noses in the Moon Under Water cubicles around 2.30!!!
  • the bloke behind be with a kid of about 5-6 yelling C*** every 30 seconds should have a long hard think.

You must have been very near me - he was directly behind me, though the scenario was probably repeated at various places in the away end. He even had the nerve to criticise the behaviour of the youth down the front.

I had three tickets for Saturday, but when my daughters weren't keen on going I was happy to go by myself as I thought it might be a bit lively.

The thing is, there's a trade off with football support, in this country at least. The kind of people who create an atmosphere tend not to be the kind of people who have bourgeois sensibilities and compare rival productions of Hamlet while waiting for a corner to be taken. If you want support like that you end up with a Watford/Fulham type crowd and absolutely no atmosphere (although incredibly a Watford friend at work commented enthusiastically today about what a good atmosphere there was in the home ends on Saturday). I really enjoyed the atmosphere and sung until I was hoarse, whilst at the same time recognising that some of it is basically glorified panto and not real.

If we had scored it would have been interesting to see what became of the promised pitch invasion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh Come on we all love a bit of violence and disorder at football, it has gone hand in hand since the beginning of time
  • Granpa said:

Oh please GP, she`s a big girl now! In a position of control and trust. He wanted answers it would seem. How would you have asked her GP?

Sorry Rev we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe that every person has a right to privacy, any approach from me would always be made politely during working hours. Quite frankly I would imagine that she was feeling pig sick herself, and the last thing that she wanted was to be approached in that way. I repeat, what did he expect to achieve ?

There's already a thread approaching the 1000 mark on this topic.
  • I doubt it's a nice std tbh so neither would like it
  • Thought the atmosphere was good on sat considering the shambles we're in at the moment. Harsh to single out the younger lads who without the atmosphere would have been a lot worse.
  • I personally enjoyed 'she's got chlamydia' chant

As a woman, I found it offensive and embarrassing as a Charlton fan! How would your girlfriend/wife/mum like it? Totally out of order.
    I'm pretty sure my girlfriend/wife/mum would know it was only a joke.
  • Granpa said:

Oh please GP, she`s a big girl now! In a position of control and trust. He wanted answers it would seem. How would you have asked her GP?

Surely if she was at the game they were still her working hours?
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought our away support was very well behaved, in the Wetherspoons after the third went in..

Oh give us some credit, not everyone was in the Spoons.

At least 50/60 by half time in the much classier establishment of the Walkabout!

• KM is very approachable, and I believe often travels to away matches by train/coach - not at all your aloof CEO. What a pity, then, that she had to experience that confrontation on Saturday. Passionate, devoted supporters who understandably had recent troubling events brought to a head by yet another woeful display, well yes, I get that, but - anything goes? No, sir (or ma'am) - not for me it does.

So I've sent her some flowers. It's only a small gesture but we're all in this mess together and to get out of it we need to stick together.

Out of interest, would you have sent anything if she was a he?
    Was just about to send that exact message.
    Same here. Hopefully, though, she wasn't offended.

• I spoke briefly to Reception - all well received, I'm told ....

At least 50/60 by half time in the much classier establishment of the Walkabout!
    Well while some, were in the spoons and others in the walkabout.(other pubs were available)

I had clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right, here i'm stuck in the middle of the away end,
    With our defence gone WALKABOUT.

Yep
  • was waiting for the scumwall smallwall comments
  • is that like brickwall ? or fuckkall ?