Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shameful Antics With Away Support

Comments

• Andy Nelson " our fans are drunken morons"-------all those fans would be 50+ now.
  • Macronate said:

it was their mascot thing

What the hell was that? Was it supposed to be an animal or plant?
  • Charlton fans are people. They might behave differently to what you regard acceptable or appropriate.
    Not everyone is going to behave the way you want them to behave.

My advice, don't let it get you down and don't be "ashamed" to be a charlton fan for something that is out of your control.

• KM is very approachable, and I believe often travels to away matches by train/coach - not at all your aloof CEO. What a pity, then, that she had to experience that confrontation on Saturday. Passionate, devoted supporters who understandably had recent troubling events brought to a head by yet another woeful display, well yes, I get that, but - anything goes? No, sir (or ma'am) - not for me it does.

So I've sent her some flowers. It's only a small gesture but we're all in this mess together and to get out of it we need to stick together.

fair play.

People are really forgetting this in bold point...

• KM is very approachable, and I believe often travels to away matches by train/coach - not at all your aloof CEO. What a pity, then, that she had to experience that confrontation on Saturday. Passionate, devoted supporters who understandably had recent troubling events brought to a head by yet another woeful display, well yes, I get that, but - anything goes? No, sir (or ma'am) - not for me it does.

So I've sent her some flowers. It's only a small gesture but we're all in this mess together and to get out of it we need to stick together.

She's played a part in getting us into this mess, I assume sending her flowers was a joke?!
  • I have to say the vile behaviour of some of our supporters at Watford on Saturday was nothing short of shocking

Most of it was banter, nothing particularly strange considering the situation and scoreline. How about saying something positive like how the same people sang their hearts out throughout the second half with the score at 0-5 or the light hearted fake goal celebrations. Could of got a lot worse if the fans were that bad.

Know the guy in the video from years in the Covered End, he was controlled in what he said and his questions were valid ... Katrien's main problem would have been avoiding the beer fumes he had brought with him from the wetherspoons
  • Sponsored links:

She's played a part in getting us into this mess, I assume sending her flowers was a joke?!
    What should I have sent - dandelions? It would be nice if she didn't have to think twice in future before travelling with the fans, and a bit of appreciation might not go amiss as she takes a vital part in the last two weeks of the transfer window. This will be an absolutely critical period, and she will need to be at the top of her game.

No doubt anyone crazy enough to enter public life must very quickly grow a thick skin. This lady is Roland's human shield - her job must be one of the loneliest imaginable, not to mention being away from her family. If a little compassion can make a difference, why not?
    A Venus fly trap? I'm joking. Good response. I wouldn't travel with fans if I was a club's CEO and she must have thick skin to have got to where she has. Flowers would give a moral boost though so a good move.
  • Choice said:

I have to say the vile behaviour of some of our supporters at Watford on Saturday was nothing short of shocking

Most of it was banter, nothing particularly strange considering the situation and scoreline. How about saying something positive like how the same people sang their hearts out throughout the second half with the score at 0-5 or the light hearted fake goal celebrations. Could of got a lot worse if the fans were that bad.
    I was not there, so personally cannot be certain it happened, but I think if it is correct being abusive towards ball boys is probably a bit beyond *banter*.

Out of interest, would you have sent anything if she was a he?
    Was just about to send that exact message.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

You lot are a bit precious. Our fans aren't that bad at all when you consider some of the other numbskull supporter sets out there (Leeds, Millwall etc).

The only thing genuinely offensive about our away support are the amount of 17 year olds with iced gem haircuts who trot out songs that they have been clearly working on in their bedroom and only about 5 select mates join in with.

Wish I could get an ice gem hair cut. Unfortunately though I am bald as f***.
    Mother nature is making my hair style less wind resistant these days, these ice gem cuts are a waste of hair!
  • cafctom said:

You lot are a bit precious. Our fans aren't that bad at all when you consider some of the other numbskull supporter sets out there (Leeds, Millwall etc).

The only thing genuinely offensive about our away support are the amount of 17 year olds with iced gem haircuts who trot out songs that they have been clearly working on in their bedroom and only about 5 select mates join in with.

Wish I could get an ice gem hair cut. Unfortunately though I am bald as f***.
    I feel your pain Brendan, I'm just about hanging on to mine but it's a bit like our team at the moment, slip sliding away. :wink:
  • edited January 2015
    boggzy said:

Bizarre behaviour imo.

I don't get these responses? Suddenly every man has to be a chauvinist? It was a kind act from a gentleman to a lady, that had probably been made to feel quite unwelcome by those she is striving to be liked by.
  • I hope they were lillies
  • I hope they were lillies

No, he said he preferred tulips.
  • edited January 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

boggzy said:

Bizarre behaviour imo.

I don't get these responses? Suddenly every man has to be a chauvinist? It was a kind act from a gentleman to a lady, that had probably been made to feel quite unwelcome by those she is striving to be liked by.

I simply asked a question, I didn't say or imply that anyone was a chauvinist.

I will say that I THINK it comes across as a bit wet sending her flowers after someone else pulled her up regarding club issues when she is representing the club.