Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shameful Antics With Away Support

Comments

• WTF?! Only at Charlton....
  • Macronate said:

can't wait to hear about the gift when we ship 6 at Wolves.

Only 6?
  • The flowers were nothing to do with the result, it was just the perfume she was wearing.

http://youtu.be/_zI9UeQ8bjE
  • Sent her flowers?

Are you pollen my leg.....

.....I'll get my coat.

Nice gesture, but the players performing and not humiliating her and us, would have been more touching probably.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

So you would send a bloke CEO a bunch of flowers after we had lost 5-0 and had probably the worst week in our recent history, thanks to the board?

Us Charlton fans don't do ourselves any favors do we!

Nope, i'd send him my train ticket and ask for a refund.

• He is far from "an idiot" he is passionate about CAFC, travels miles and just happened to be my passenger up to Grimsby and back for that Friday game. Passion doesn't mean idiot. If the players showed some of that passion I am sure we would not have called them all idiots. Posted without reading thread.

Sorry, but confronting a young woman on a train in the way that he did is not passion, it's extremely bad manners and an idiotic way to behave. Ask him what he expected to achieve by doing it. In my view nothing more than showing his ignorance, and trying to make himself feel better. He should now be apologising to her.
  • The standard of stewarding in the away fans was dreadful. Aisles were blocked throughout the game.

Saw one group of around 20 of our supporters with seats near the side wall just decide the hijack a row towards the centre of the stand. Obviously not sitting down.

Whilst no drink was on sale in the ground many were clearly drunk and a serious injury or worse could have resulted from a crowd surge.
  • She's played a part in getting us into this mess, I assume sending her flowers was a joke?!

No my friend, you are the joke.
  • Granpa said:

She's played a part in getting us into this mess, I assume sending her flowers was a joke?!

No my friend, you are the joke.

:blush:
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    I have sent Katrien a bunch of flowers with request that she answers a question as to what she really thinks of the wafer thin squad this season. Also does she seriously believe that Charlton is going to get to the Premiership on a League One squad strength. Also whether CEO really a correct job title for the role at Charlton. Do you think the flowers will help in getting an answer ?
  • Choice said:

I have to say the vile behaviour of some of our supporters at Watford on Saturday was nothing short of shocking

Most of it was banter, nothing particularly strange considering the situation and scoreline. How about saying something positive like how the same people sang their hearts out throughout the second half with the score at 0-5 or the light hearted fake goal celebrations. Could of got a lot worse if the fans were that bad.
    I was not there, so personally cannot be certain it happened, but I think if it is correct being abusive towards ball boys is probably a bit beyond *banter*.
    didn't personally see a ballboy incident but inexcusable if true ...certainly wouldn't be happy if it was my little kid on the receiving end. has anymore from watford reported this back to charlton ?
  • Last season at Watford, I recall the plod removing a couple of our 'younger' fans...
  • It does put me off away games a bit. I feel bad because I am a live and let live sort of person, but I just can't feel anything but contempt for some (a small minority) of our away fans. I have seen pissed up morons stand in front of an old man before, with no empathy or respect that he was not able to stand also. I was always taught respect and some of ours clearly haven't been.

Maybe I am being too judgemental, but I give myself permission because these people are so judgemental themselves. They get annoyed when other supporters don't support the team in the same way as them. They are the sort of people who when they think they have said something witty, they repeat it ad infinitum and think it is funny if they break wind and gas a whole area of the crowd. Some get a buzz out of being intimidating and disrespectful. I think clubs should introduce pens for these sort of fans, as all clubs have them. I'm sure they would be quite happy sploshing about in them and they could be charged discounted rates for tickets so they have more drinking money.

What saddens me most of all is when you see a family of them. Three generations of pissed up yob is one of the most depressing sights imaginable.

Having said all that, some of our fans are too nice. The bloke asking questions on the train was not out of hand and anybody wanting to buy flowers for KM should make it clear it is in their name, and not on behalf of other fans who might not be too happy with her right now.

I certainly didn't claim to represent anyone else - I fully agree that would be wrong. May I just add, on the general subject of female CEOs of football clubs, that where Karren Brady (The Irons' Lady) is concerned, I wouldn't give her the steam off my, er, coffee.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

it's been creeping into our support a lot over the last three or four years. I don't travel away as regularly as I used to partly because of this. I really enjoyed say Reading away as we didn't sell out and there was plenty of space so we could move away from the obnoxious element of our fanbase and enjoy the game. In late eighties, all the nineties and until about 2008/9 we used to go all away games without really any problems. Not the case now. No wonder our support is dwindling.

If you went Reading away in the late 80s early 90s and never had any problems, then you must have got there very early.
  • edited January 2015
    Flowers? Really?
    When Richard Murray was in the driving seat, every time we lost I sent him a syrup, very handy in the cold weather.....just to show him that I cared.
  • Granpa said:

He is far from "an idiot" he is passionate about CAFC, travels miles and just happened to be my passenger up to Grimsby and back for that Friday game. Passion doesn't mean idiot. If the players showed some of that passion I am sure we would not have called them all idiots. Posted without reading thread.

Sorry, but confronting a young woman on a train in the way that he did is not passion, it's extremely bad manners and an idiotic way to behave. Ask him what he expected to achieve by doing it. In my view nothing more than showing his ignorance, and trying to make himself feel better. He should now be apologising to her.

Oh please GP, she`s a big girl now! In a position of control and trust. He wanted answers it would seem. How would you have asked her GP?

• edited January 2015
    I had to laugh at the mouthy bloke in his late 20s/early 30s who tried to stare out my 16-year-old daughter at the final whistle. So did she . . .
  • Or didn't go through elm park

Hatchet anyone
  • Last season at Watford, I recall the plod removing a couple of our 'younger' fans...

Yeah, they let off smoke bombs the silly buggers!
  • The behaviour of the riff raff at football matches nowadays is the reason why I only shop in Waitrose ;o)
  • I thought our away support was very well behaved, in the Wetherspoons after the third went in..

The sad thing is, this is true.

The Wetherspoons all over the Football towns/cities love it when CAFC are around.

The new away end for the deserters.

Why don't you suffer like the rest of us.