Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton - Post Embarrassment Views

Comments

• braydex said:

Went today and very disappointed with the result and especially by the ineptitude (yet again) of Ben haim and Bikey. Just watched the goals on SSN and I don't know how they qualify as CHs!! They are clueless or couldn't careless. How people can blame Etheridge when he has those two clowns infront of him I don't know! How fans can cheer Bikey when he makes so many mistakes... Morrison never stood a chance if the rumours about these two bossing things is true.
    Clearly there is a total lack of team spirit and unity which was obvious last week more than ever. I really hope JJ (or Solly) can try to restore it because I think the younger players really suffer even more when he is not playing.
    I think, if we are lucky enough to get any players in, who will be able to tell whether they will fit in the team or not?

I'm so glad you've said this. I've said for weeks that TBH and Bikey are just not good enough and I've been crucified on this forum. It's just a relief I'm not the only one who thinks it. Bikey in particular for me is just dreadful.
    Braydex, the group of 6 of us that go all feel the same. They are not good enough or don't want to be here. What worries me more is if they are being the negative influence in the dressing room as hinted at by people. Of course, they have no competition for their places - although I would try Gomez as CH but he is inexperienced there at this level. It so saddens and infuriates me that Morrison was pushed out.
  • edited January 2015

Was yesterday a sign that the players are fed up?

They are & I don't think Luzon's the man to change it.. with all the rotation we are to expect from him it could just be a merry go round of players, which in this league upsets players more than anything. They'd rather sit on the bench and wait for their chance and grab it by the balls and keep hold of it , than get their space lose it the next week regardless. Really worried if he wants to rotate, we are weak enough at our strongest.. it'll be a mockery if we rotate, decent Championship teams build a foundation on a solid 9 or so players week in week out if fit.
    Do you know Luzons man management style or tactics?

• I was spot on with my prediction of an improved, battling performance. Anyone still of the opinion that we're mid table and have nothing to worry about?
  • edited January 2015
    What is needed now is a great communicator. GL does not appear to fit the bill.
  • And to think that for 10 mins during the Wolves game in September that we were top of the table !

Does anyone know if Luzon was there yesterday?
  • edited January 2015

braydex said:

Went today and very disappointed with the result and especially by the ineptitude (yet again) of Ben haim and Bikey. Just watched the goals on SSN and I don't know how they qualify as CHs!! They are clueless or couldn't careless. How people can blame Etheridge when he has those two clowns infront of him I don't know! How fans can cheer Bikey when he makes so many mistakes... Morrison never stood a chance if the rumours about these two bossing things is true.
    Clearly there is a total lack of team spirit and unity which was obvious last week more than ever. I really hope JJ (or Solly) can try to restore it because I think the younger players really suffer even more when he is not playing.
    I think, if we are lucky enough to get any players in, who will be able to tell whether they will fit in the team or not?

I'm so glad you've said this. I've said for weeks that TBH and Bikey are just not good enough and I've been crucified on this forum. It's just a relief I'm not the only one who thinks it. Bikey in particular for me is just dreadful.
    I think Morrison and Dervite were better at the back than Bikey and TBH. I know this is not a widely held view, so kept it to myself.

I think that TBH has been our best player this season, however Bikey has gone backwards - fast. Getting shot of Morro was the most crass decision ever made.
    Someone else made the observation that these two are disruptive - funny, coz i thought that might be the case when watching the game v Portsmouth pre season when Jacko had to get Peeters to tell TBH and Bikey to give him the ball for the penalty - i clocked then that they both seemed to be up their own ar5e and not respectful towards Jacko- and they'd only just started at the club.
  • If this story is true about Bikey and Ben haim getting there own way then Luzon has to show the bollocks buy dropping them both and playing Gomez there and bring another centre half in and let them rot
  • addick82 said:

If this story is true about Bikey and Ben haim getting there own way then Luzon has to show the bollocks buy dropping them both and playing Gomez there and bring another centre half in and let them rot

Gomez and Onyewu
  • yeh I forgot about Onyewu
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

WSS said:

Essex_Al said:

Embarrassing performance from the players matched by the yoof singing Roland out!

Who the fuck do they imagine is going to step up and buy our club?

Saved us from administration, steadying the ship, trying to manage a £6/7 million loss per year, get real!

I'm sure he will back Luzon in the coming weeks and that will be coming from his own pocket!

Well, people who know tell me that there would be, if he'd sell.
    If that's the case why didn't they buy the club when he bought it?

It was clearly for sale then.
    Maybe because the previous incumbents would not allow said interested parties buy...
    What I thought I'd read as well.

Nothing to say on that, but people continually repeat on here that no one else wouid buy the club if RD pulled out, so I asked someone who would know better than any of us and that's what I was told. No more, no less.
    I don't expect an answer to this but is it possible that any potential purchaser will only 'pick the club up' for £1 after administration.
    I don't think that scenario is likely or necessary. The club has a value, reflected in what RD paid for it. We don't know what the debt position is now (i.e. the amount that was due to the offshore company), but if it still exists it's likely to be to him (Staprix) anyway. The club isn't going into administration.

I believe the club would have been sold much earlier if Jimenez hadn't been intent on holding out for a wildly unrealistic figure. The key comment made in relation to RD by Slater is that he bought it doing "his own due diligence", which shortened the process and effectively gave him a big advantage over other parties. It also means he probably didn't know what he was buying, which must have delighted the spivs.

Of course, who comes in next may be a lottery too, but there is no shortage of people who want to buy football clubs in England. The key stumbling block is that RD doesn't want to sell.

• WSS said:

Essex_Al said:

Embarrassing performance from the players matched by the yoof singing Roland out!

Who the fuck do they imagine is going to step up and buy our club?

Saved us from administration, steadying the ship, trying to manage a £6/7 million loss per year, get real!

I'm sure he will back Luzon in the coming weeks and that will be coming from his own pocket!

Well, people who know tell me that there would be, if he'd sell.
    If that's the case why didn't they buy the club when he bought it?

It was clearly for sale then.
    Maybe because the previous incumbents would not allow said interested parties buy...
    What I thought I'd read as well.

Nothing to say on that, but people continually repeat on here that no one else wouid buy the club if RD pulled out, so I asked someone who would know better than any of us and that's what I was told. No more, no less.
    I don't expect an answer to this but is it possible that any potential purchaser will only 'pick the club up' for £1 after administration.
    I don't think that scenario is likely or necessary. The club has a value, reflected in what RD paid for it. We don't know what the debt position is now (i.e. the amount that was due to the offshore company), but if it still exists it's likely to be to him (Staprix) anyway. The club isn't going into administration.

I believe the club would have been sold much earlier if Jimenez hadn't been intent on holding out for a wildly unrealistic figure. The key comment made in relation to RD by Slater is that he bought it doing "his own due diligence", which shortened the process and effectively gave him a big advantage over other parties. It also means he probably didn't know what he was buying, which must have delighted the spivs.

Of course, who comes in next may be a lottery too, but there is no shortage of people who want to buy football clubs in England. The key stumbling block is that RD doesn't want to sell.

It would be interesting if someone made an approach though. Josh Harris is still looking for a club.
  • There was a small part of me yesterday that was glad we got tonked by an embarrasing scoreline. Let's be honest, we've been playing crap for a while so this kind of hiding has been on the cards. I went to the Blackburn game and could easily have 5-0 but for some heroic goalkeeping and Blackburn taking the foot of the gas. These 1-0, 2-1 defeats over the last few months have actually flattered us and hidden the fact that something is very drastically wrong. Combine this with Bob Peeters post-match lies that we are always 'unlucky' and Roland could be forgiven for underestimating the gravity of the situation on the field. He just suspects that Bob is not up to the task.

He can't still think that after yesterday.

If Luzon has got the ear of Duchatelet and witnessed that shite yesterday then it might help prompt some urgent investment to our beleagured squad. We are still in the transfer window after all.

Yes, that was the sort of result and performance that shows that there are serious issues to be resolved. RD isn't stupid, while he isn't going to splash cash unnecessarily, he din't buy the club to see it relegated in his first season, as financially it would be a disaster for him
  • Sponsored links:

• as I said in another post I don't believe it was gutless or spineless. I believe it was down to a lack of confidence and self belief.
  • What's been said by many about just feeling sad watching yesterday performance sums it up for me and I have been supporting the team 57 years and seen lots of bad times and some good I have to say . when I was asked after getting home how was the game I just said it was sad day. Best part of day was the walk to and from Watford junction. Last few weeks I keep telling myself it can't get any worse but it seems I'm wrong
  • A team lacking in ideas. A team lacking in confidence. A team that desperately needs a fresh face in the starting line up. So why the hell did the helmets in charge leave Watt on the bench again for the second game running.
  • Uboat said:

Yes, yes, yes. But remember, you can still buy a half season ticket for the bargain price of £150.

Does anyone know what's Flemish for "go stick your head up a dead bears arse"?

Gaan en steek je hoofd omhoog een dode beren kont.
    The correct translation is: Ga en steek je hoofd in de kont van een dode beer. I think RD needs another hobby ...
  • edited January 2015
    One positive about this result is that it's come right in the middle of a transfer window and a week after we sack the manager. It means that the new manager knows how bad things are right from the off and the owner has a choice about how much he wants to pump into the squad, at a time when he is able to. If this result came in 3 weeks time, Roland could argue that the squad is as it is and just has to manage. He now has the magnifying glass on him so close that he cannot hide. If ever there was a time when every minute detail of every decision made will be scrutinized it is now. The whole football world is watching you Roland. Any pressure??
  • Simonsen said:

4th manager in 1 year says it all really.

That hasn't helped at all. But Watford have had four managers this season and have had training ground fights that have seen Lewis McGugan, Keith Andrews and Lloyd Dyer banished from 1st Team training. Yesterday they smashed us because they were better and wanted it more. They also have people like Deeney on £20k a week!!

Good point...and lost poorly last week whilst also have a very patchy recent home record.

Key was apart from the first 5 minutes is that you let us play with pace and into a lot of space.

There isno-way we would have got 5 against you if there was some pressure on us.

• As if to rub salt in the wounds, Piggott scored and Pope had a good game according to the Bury fans site.
  • Was lucky to just finish with a 5-0 defeat.

Shocking performance, played like a pub team against them.

Have not seen any positives for a while now.

We are in a relegation battle and we look like we have no backbone or fight in us.
  • edited January 2015

Simonsen said:

4th manager in 1 year says it all really.

That hasn't helped at all. But Watford have had four managers this season and have had training ground fights that have seen Lewis McGugan, Keith Andrews and Lloyd Dyer banished from 1st Team training. Yesterday they smashed us because they were better and wanted it more. They also have people like Deeney on £20k a week!!

Good point...and lost poorly last week whilst also have a very patchy recent home record.

Key was apart from the first 5 minutes is that you let us play with pace and into a lot of space.

There isno-way we would have got 5 against you if there was some pressure on us.

Yes, pace was the key. Most good coaches would get the message out to disrupt the rhythm, slow it down by knocking the ball around at the back, take time with goal kicks etc. We encouraged the fast pace by trying to match it.
  • I think RD is probably still thinking that relegation is unlikely, and that therefore his goal for this season - to stay in the championship - will have been achieved. I don't think he necessarily gives a toss about the performances. Every team suffers big defeats like this every now and then, and though it hurts us I doubt RD sees it as a further crisis, having "dealt" with Peeters.