Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton - Post Embarrassment Views

Comments

• With Henderson's injury record (I hope Henderson was not the compensation for Poyet instead of a sell on clause), not having a decent back up keeper looks really misguided.
  • Well I had a good day out, left after the first, back to the pub which slowly filled with more and more charlton after every goal went in. Good laugh and cheap travel can't go wrong

Your all Charlton to you die thou or in your case until the 1st goal go's in.

not anti drinking, enjoyed my couple of pints in the Moon under the water.

BEFORE THE MATCH.

Still trying to work out if yours is a parody account ?
    I'd just rather enjoy a day out than waste time watching a shower of shit full of people paid money that I can only ever dream of to not put any effort in for their fans. This was obvious from the start and I certainly wasn't wasting my time watching it.
  • Whatever people say about the previous owners, until Kevin Cash
    pulled the money out we in my opinion had a far better team.
    No team spirit with this lot! One of the final straws was giving Morro away.
    I thought Morro and Dorien much better Bikey and Ben Haim.
    Bikey OK for first 12 games but now labouring and Ben Haim
    only a mercenary (here for a season at most). Henderson a good keeper
    but for ff's sake look at his injury record at previous clubs.
    Under Chris 2 decent keepers (Hamer and Button, prev Hamer and Sullivan).
    Once Henderson out no one capable of perfoming in goal in this league.
    We have lost Stephens, Kermo, Poyet, Hamer, Dorien and Morro and
    replaced them with sub standard European players in my opinion.
    Igor and JBG the only ones worth their place in the team. We have a cheapskate owner,
    if only someone else with money had taken us over. When I read how much he has
    spent on the ground, even Katrien has said the money we got for Kermo paid for that.
    Sadly we have a wind up merchant now running this club. No optimism for the future until
    we get the old Charlton back which sadly is not going to happen!

Good summation of what is going on. The only hope is that because Roland does not have to sell like Jimensz and Slater did (partially due to holding out for too high a price - 40 to 45 million wasn't it ?). Roland can hopefully sell onto a decent owner with the funds to support a push for the premiership. I am presuming that Roland is a lot easier (and less shifty) to deal with than Jimensz and Slater. A potential purchaser may be tempted to wait until Charlton are in League One though. Unless Roland significantly invests / adjusts his strategy that is the direction the club is headed.
  • Well I had a good day out, left after the first, back to the pub which slowly filled with more and more charlton after every goal went in. Good laugh and cheap travel can't go wrong

BEFORE THE MATCH.

It's a Beyond parody account.
  • edited January 2015

Well I had a good day out, left after the first, back to the pub which slowly filled with more and more charlton after every goal went in. Good laugh and cheap travel can't go wrong

BEFORE THE MATCH.

I'd just rather enjoy a day out than waste time watching a shower of shit full of people paid money that I can only ever dream of to not put any effort in for their fans. This was obvious from the start and I certainly wasn't wasting my time watching it.
    Not sure from the start, as we had the 1st chance from Johann but after the 1st goal, it was a case of how many would it be.
    I live in hope that one day our fans will do all their drinking before and after the game but at the moment Roland is driving our fans to drink !

• purdis said:

It was only the end of November when we were robbed of a deserved home win against promotion favourites Ipswich Town.

My local Ipswich Town mates said they couldn't believe the difference in the Charlton performance at Portman Road only a month after our impressive showing at The Valley.
    Charlton didn't play badly at Portman Road - they actually played the better football but were lacking in the final third and outmuscled by a typically physical Championship side.

So, it is rubbish saying our players aren't good enough.

This problem is a mind problem and we've got into a rut and a mindset that we are now beatable. Getting out of it is another issue. Luzon will have to stop the rot - that simple.

More proof that this is just a game of opinion!! (In mine) Charlton were awful at Portman Road! However, very good performance at The Valley against them.

As wonderful as hindsight is, I have been proclaiming all along to anyone who will listen that the 'heady' start to the season was false. I always felt that we got lucky on numerous occasions (particularly Norwich) and it was just a matter of time before we 'hit' our true level this season. I guess it's now all about how bad this 'blip' will be? This season, mid-table would be an over achievement and outsiders for a relegation scrap was always realistic.
    Apologies, I failed to mention that Ipswich weren't that good at Portman Road - just my opinion. They did get on top the last 15 minutes as we became increasingly thin at the back.
    In terms of football - possession and especially movement and support - I thought Charlton were not bad - much better support play than I'd seen in recent games at The Valley with the exception of the second half against Cardiff when we actually got motoring. Just had nothing in the final third - much because we didn't try to or get behind their full backs.
    I have to agree with several posters recently who have pointed out that playing football will not get us out of this Division (in an upwards direction) because Ipswich were physical, long ball and not pretty to watch - but they were effective!
    Ipswich also have a good keeper.
  • Where has all that passion and determination that inspired that fightback and win against Cardiff last season
    We need some players with that passion now
    How can I be expected to show commitment and passion with this lot at present?
  • Where has all that passion and determination that inspired that fightback and win against Cardiff last season We need some players with that passion now
    How can I be expected to show commitment and passion with this lot at present?

how about showing the passion against Cardiff from just a couple of weeks ago
    in the 2nd half when we only had 10 players.

• Good points about yesterday ....the fans . We sang and the bit when we pretended we had scored summed up the good character of Charlton fans. So from the club perspective they are lucky to have us. Er that is the good bit about yesterday. Most of the goals were embarrassing to say the least and the clear message coming through was that no one knew what they were doing. It was a ship without a rudder going nowhere. The worst bit wasn't the defence; it was the attack where no one wanted to shoot despite the opportunity. Jackson needed to be there as he is the only leader in the squad and it needed someone to lead from the front and work hard to marshal the troops but not to be. Sad. It is only football but still sad. Luzon can only improve on this . The other point is that Peeters absence showed how little he had built any momentum in the team. They had no inner muscle memory of what to do and when. Luzon has a lot to do and must start with the defence. There is no loss of commitment and passion from my side but I don't want this to be like the first 2 seasons in league one where it was quite painful to watch. Saying all of this I thought Watford played very very well.
  • "No team spirit with this lot!"

Unfair - what about the 2nd half against Cardiff. The real question is what happened after that game and I suspect before the Blackburn game, KM has referred to some team building exercises in the week prior to the Brighton game and then there were rumours of BP having lost the team. What ever it is needs to be put right quickly - I just hope Luzon appreciates this.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair to Bikey, he did say weeks ago that some players were tired, carrying knocks and needed a break. I took that to mean himself and he doesn't look fully fit to me.
  • To be fair to Bikey, he did say weeks ago that some players were tired, carrying knocks and needed a break. I took that to mean himself and he doesn't look fully fit to me.</blockquote

Makes the decision to sell Morrison even more ludicrous

• edited January 2015

To be fair to Bikey, he did say weeks ago that some players were tired, carrying knocks and needed a break. I took that to mean himself and he doesn't look fully fit to me.

I agree with this, not sure if its just Bikey's 'style' or if its due to tiredness/injuries but at every given opportunity he has his hands on his knees and looks shattered, a shell of the player he was at the start of the season.
  • edited January 2015

To be fair to Bikey, he did say weeks ago that some players were tired, carrying knocks and needed a break. I took that to mean himself and he doesn't look fully fit to me.

Too much Christmas grub, I think! Needs to lose a few pounds and get fit again.
  • Whatever people say about the previous owners, until Kevin Cash
    pulled the money out we in my opinion had a far better team.
    No team spirit with this lot! One of the final straws was giving Morro away.
    I thought Morro and Dorien much better Bikey and Ben Haim.
    Bikey OK for first 12 games but now labouring and Ben Haim
    only a mercenary (here for a season at most). Henderson a good keeper
    but for ff's sake look at his injury record at previous clubs.
    Under Chris 2 decent keepers (Hamer and Button, prev Hamer and Sullivan).
    Once Henderson out no one capable of perfoming in goal in this league.
    We have lost Stephens, Kermo, Poyet, Hamer, Dorien and Morro and
    replaced them with sub standard European players in my opinion.
    Igor and JBG the only ones worth their place in the team. We have a cheapskate owner,
    if only someone else with money had taken us over. When I read how much he has
    spent on the ground, even Katrien has said the money we got for Kermo paid for that.
    Sadly we have a wind up merchant now running this club. No optimism for the future until
    we get the old Charlton back which sadly is not going to happen!

good analysis that makes rather painful reading ((:<)
  • To be fair to Bikey, he did say weeks ago that some players were tired, carrying knocks and needed a break. I took that to mean himself and he doesn't look fully fit to me.

I agree with this, not sure if its just Bikey's 'style' or if its due to tiredness/injuries but at every given opportunity he has his hands on his knees and looks shattered, a shell of the player he was at the start of the season.
    If I remember correctly, there were comments by Boro fans saying it was the same scenario when he was with them.

Bruised knuckles from punching someone?
  • Seven games, five losses, two draws, but I have seen three goals! Don't worry I'm leaving Friday so we'll win next Saturday. Watford started at a blistering pace and once they battered and bruised Vetokele, there was no one to hold the ball up front. No one in midfield to put their foot on the ball and slow the game down. Defence was under constant pressure. We said at the start of the season that we need a good midfielder and a strong striker to partner Igor. Midfield has got worse, we've bought in Watt, but don't put him on until the game is lost at 3 0. I don't get it. I was close to pitch level and Vetokele put in a hell of a shift in the first half, but cannot do it all on his own against two massive centre halves.

A real shame you have to take that nightmare as your lasting memory of Charlton back home.

Safe trip & take care.

• Thanks, I'm used to it, Christmas is rarely a good time for the Addicks. I once went five seasons without seeing a win! Hope to catch up next Dec/Jan in happier circumstances.
  • I wish people would stop referring to Duchatelet by his first name like they are on first name terms with him.

Duchatelet is full of shit
    He's got a name like a Paris metro station
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish people would stop referring to Duchatelet by his first name like they are on first name terms with him.

Its just a bit easier to spell that's all.

Roland is less of a mouthfall I guess
  • Dazzler21 said:

Was yesterday a sign that the players are fed up?

They are & I don't think Luzon's the man to change it.. with all the rotation we are to expect from him it could just be a merry go round of players, which in this league upsets players more than anything. They'd rather sit on the bench and wait for their chance and grab it by the balls and keep hold of it , than get their space lose it the next week regardless. Really worried if he wants to rotate, we are weak enough at our strongest.. it'll be a mockery if we rotate, decent Championship teams build a foundation on a solid 9 or so players week in week out if fit.
    Do you know Luzons man management style or tactics?

Would expect 4-4-2, and players to do their set jobs, less changing of tactics and formation than Bob during the match. And long balls if they are needed. Can't say I know too much more, I've seen a few Israel youth games under him, but obviously never looked into him as a manager, was just watching the football match.
  • Writing without reading this thread been reading and trying to catch up with all the other guff at our joke of a club

I mean the only pleasure to be received for us in football atm is how shit the scum are but that is no guarantee we'll finish above them
    And fecking pardew performing miracles and palace doing what I'd love us to be doing really hurts (at least it's not millwall )
    We are properly Charlton Pathetic atm and that showing against watford scares me because if the players aren't gonna put it in to try and impress the new fella , I'm scared they haven't got it in em to stop this rot

85% 13th-21st...... 15% Relegation
  • What was going on down the front towards the corner flag just after the 4th went in ?
  • What was going on down the front towards the corner flag just after the 4th went in ?

We want our Charlton back I think, or something along those lines
  • OK so we have lost the spirit in the squad which they last showed in the second half on Boxing Day. It has to go back to Roland who insists on being the only person to make decisions in the Club. I have to question his knowledge of the game, and in particular his understanding of people management which appears to be non existent. The general mood is sadness, I share it.

Bit of tooing and frooing between the 'Yoof' and the stewards.

Thought the police were going to nick a few once they had ambled down but they settled for a quiet word which seemed to do the trick.

The stewards also had a word with a few teenagers in the Watford stand who were goading our lot and told them to pack it in which they did.
  • Were dropping like a bag of cement
    The trap door is waiting