Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For Fans Considering/Have Given up on Charlton!

Comments

• sammy ok, thanks for that. I never slag the team or players off during games, but as far as I'm concerned if we don't win more or less every game from now on they deserve all the slagging they get.
  • Well I wouldn't buy that album, so yes.
  • I feel a disturbance in the force.

Could be a side effect of your job SHG, dangerous stuff that radiation. :wink:
  • edited January 2015

• seth plum said:

Nice to know I have guidance as to how to be a Charlton fan.

Does come in handy, Seth - although a big book with pictures in would be better I think. Quite enlightening to find out I've been doing it wrong all these long and wasted years!
  • tom- k said:

Well I wouldn't buy that album, so yes.

Knew it would attract smart ass coments like your ... but youd completely 'abandon' your favourite band and what they might do in the future down to one album ? Wow
  • MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

tom- k said:

Knew it would attract smart ass coments like your ... but youd completely 'abandon' your favourite band and what they might do in the future down to one album ? Wow
    Difficult for any comment not to look smart ass in comparison to the nonsense you're spouting.

Roland is destroying our club, so by supporting Roland you are supporting the destruction of our club. Have a think about that.
    In what way has he/is he destroying our club?
    Have a think about that.
  • I've been going to the valley for 13 years of my life, born in 96. I've seen the club at the highest level and supported through the darkest times. I've travelled up and down the country supporting the club I love. I will certainly continue games to watch and support the players. The manager in my eyes is a non entity, I don't care about him nor the owner. We just need to stick together and support the team we all love.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is the thing though - I want to support something that feels like Charlton Athletic FC, not a sports entertainment brand in the portfolio of Staypricks NV (or whatever the group is called).

I can't afford to invest in the club, so all I can do is buy tickets, half time pints, shirts, a garden gnome etc and hope this helps the club in some way. When it becomes clear that anything that goes in gets filtered away into a shadowy network and Dudu Dahan lets us borrow some donkeys in return, I can't help feeling that I'm being conned.
  • sammy391 said:

MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

tom- k said:

Difficult for any comment not to look smart ass in comparison to the nonsense you're spouting.

Roland is destroying our club, so by supporting Roland you are supporting the destruction of our club. Have a think about that.
    Have a think about that.
    There's probably about 10,000 comments across this message board that will explain it for you.

Twerps like you are the one unfortunate downside of freedom of speech.
  • razil said:

I think its pretty worrying that some people are losing their identification with the club, not sure what the answer is but telling people how to think, what to do, tends not to work in my view

Football is more than a business, and its not just about glory particularly for Charlton, its an irrational attachment in many ways

Survey?
  • MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

tom- k said:

Have a think about that.
    There's probably about 10,000 comments across this message board that will explain it for you.

As there is so many , I trust youll find a 100% proven fact that RD is destroying our club and post it on here!
  • Well, one can walk away, or keep with it. I've done my bit for the club over the years, and have greatly enjoyed doing so. But good things do not last forever. I was sceptical of RD from the off, but gave him the benefit of the doubt last spring, and renewed my season ticket. And I have been fed up since October. Now this. A thorough recruitment process?
    I remain sceptical and shall see how things go with this new chap at the helm.
    And if the club continues to foul up and the first team gets relegated, I shall walk away.
    This is not the CAFC that I grew up with and, based on the current notwork model, it cannot be the thing what I want. But I'm not the owner, I'm a paying supporter, so what options do I have? I'll sit this one out, see where we end up, and appraise the situation. In the spring, they'll ask me for more money. I may well say 'no, not any more' and, if it comes to that, I'll take some comfort in that I know I won't be alone.
    Bon chance, Mr Luzon. And to the squad: If you have the heart, give it your all.
  • I dream of the days of Hulyer and Nzeribe.
  • sammy391 said:

MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

tom- k said:

Have a think about that.

As there is so many , I trust youll find a 100% proven fact that RD is destroying our club and post it on here!
    Some friendly advice - stop posting for a bit.
  • Uboat said:

sammy391 said:

MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

MrLargo said:

sammy391 said:

tom- k said:

Have a think about that.

Some friendly advice - stop posting for a bit.
    Some friendly advice - back up your statement/arguments
  • Trust should buy the club. No idea what it's worth though - £20m?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly I think when the dust settles that the only real winner out of all this will be Peter Varney and Dave Archer

I dunno about Dave, but the Spanish Archer has been getting quite a lot of work in SE7 recently.

• colin1961 said:

There not fans are they ......
    Standing out side high court 15 mins till we lost Charlton Football Club ... Helping dig the valley on a wet sunday morning this is what makes a fan , managers, players, owners come and go Charlton will continue with proper fans behind it

Who are you to say who is and isn't a fan, you're the biggest div I've ever come across

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

Now I've been a Charlton fan for 10years , understandably that is nothing compared to many of our fan base so I accept any criticism from those people who have been supporters a while , those who got us back to the valley etc and those people only... But , if you don't want to or refuse to support Charlton in what people are classing as 'dark days' then I personally prefer you left!
    If you give up on your team due to some bloke from Belgium and refuse to support the players and staff ,then in my opinion you don't deserve the 'good days' that will come!
    Is the appointment of Guy Luzon really near as bad as the financial difficulties and bankruptcy of the past and then not having a ground to call home then don't expect a welcome when you suddenly turn up if and when we are in our good days!

I've seen so many so called fans posting on twitter, facebook and other mediums that they aren't going to Charlton until RD is out , or until Luzon is out , or even until we have our Charlton Back - i'm just glad that it wasn't those of you who were around when The Valley was taken away from us , or when the Charlton fans dug deep into their pocket to sign the club Ronnie Moore!

Lets all get behind the club , the team , the players and the manager whoever they might be because we all support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC .. not whoever is the flavour of the month at charlton or whatever

COYR!

I would say that is most probably a shorter time then pretty much everyone on this entire forum. I don't know if it's because you're ten years old or you decided to start supporting Charlton for some strange reason during a mid-life crisis. Either way you have no place to be telling people to 'please leave' when they are very, very rightly pissed off. I am still just 19 myself and my first game was in 1999, still a short time compared to most on here (granted not you), however this is quite possibly the most disconnected I have ever felt from my club throughout my whole time as a supporter. So christ knows what this must be like for those who helped us return to the valley or were there during the 40s,50s,60s etc. So please do not sit there during a time like this and tell those supporters who are rightly annoyed and have spent their life following this club to leave.

Your post angered me very much.
    Bang on mother fucker
  • Shut up.

People are pissed off and rightly so.

What right have you got to tell someone to shut up. The original poster is entitled to his/her opinion. I'm not kissed off, I was on Saturday and I have been since November.

In the last two months we've conceded lots of goals from final marking, way he'd a centre mid play left wing all year, a slow midfield duo who can't head, tackle or create and only one striker. A player stated unrest in the dressing room and we needed a change and have got it

Would Luzon have been my choice? No!!! Am I going to give him a chance? Yes.

If people don't want to go to games then that's their choice but I agree with the original post.....Cory!!!!
    Give over you. Imagine questioning my right to tell someone to shut up and then calling me a cory at the end of your post.

Have a word with yourself.
  • Can someone post a picture of Dr Evil from the Austin Powers films as this seems to sum up how things are being run at the at Valley at the moment for me. Ta.
  • Shut up.

What right have you got to tell someone to shut up. The original poster is entitled to his/her opinion. I'm not kissed off, I was on Saturday and I have been since November.

In the last two months we've conceded lots of goals from final marking, way he'd a centre mid play left wing all year, a slow midfield duo who can't head, tackle or create and only one striker. A player stated unrest in the dressing room and we needed a change and have got it

If people don't want to go to games then that's their choice but I agree with the original post.....Cory!!!!
    Give over you. Imagine questioning my right to tell someone to shut up and then calling me a cory at the end of your post.

Maybe he just got coyr round the wrong way or he was talking about our old mate gibbs :sunglasses:
  • Sadly I think when the dust settles that the only real winner out of all this will be Peter Varney and Dave Archer

Don't think there is room for another portacabin lounge at Stonebridge road
  • Shut up.

Maybe he just got coyr round the wrong way or he was talking about our old mate gibbs :sunglasses:
    Ah. You can see my confusion
  • I remember back in the 70s when I was a kid - we'd all be standing on the crumbling east terrace with only a packet of roasted peanuts to sustain us and being called 'village idiots' by the Manager. It never occurred to me that I might withdraw my support. Perhaps the Manager was right.
  • Why aren't people allowed to be pissed off, we are too a nice as a fan base , I can think of a lot of clubs where there would have been uproar had this happened