Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For Fans Considering/Have Given up on Charlton!

Comments

• Stig said:

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

Now I've been a Charlton fan for 10years , understandably that is nothing compared to many of our fan base so I accept any criticism from those people who have been supporters a while , those who got us back to the valley etc and those people only... But , if you don't want to or refuse to support Charlton in what people are classing as 'dark days' then I personally prefer you left!
    COYR!

Personally I don't understand this attitude. I want people to support Charlton, but I want them to be happy supporting Charlton. It can be a bit of a slog at times, if people want to take a break and then come back later, then good luck to them. It's a football club, not The Moonies.
    But lets be honest , were any of us happy to be playing in league one against the likes of Tranmere etc or were people happy to fork out travel costs to see a naff team in a naff Division playing other naff teams?

Of course we all want our fellow fans to be happy as it means there is a bloody good chance whatever has made them happy will positively effect us .. but does showing a lack of support for the club aka its players and others based on a few decisions really benefit the club?
  • sammy391 said:

@sammy391‌ (and others), you have no idea of what other peoples credentials are in their support so please don't call others so-called fans because they feel differently to you.

No British manager with any respect would touch our club in its present form. That should tell you something.

So alan curbishley in fact didnt say he was interested?
    He said they should talk to him. Do you think they made that phone call ? If not, don't you think they should have done ?
  • se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

@sammy391‌ (and others), you have no idea of what other peoples credentials are in their support so please don't call others so-called fans because they feel differently to you.

No British manager with any respect would touch our club in its present form. That should tell you something.

He said they should talk to him. Do you think they made that phone call ? If not, don't you think they should have done ?
    But that goes against afka's statement that "no british manager with any respect would touch this club"!
  • sammy391 said:

He said he would have a conversation, if you think he would in a million years have considered being a coach who has no real say which players come into his club, are selecting by an assortment of overseas computer analysts and a Belgium amateur league part time manager, and flops who can't get in the Leige first team, then you would believe anything.

• edited January 2015
    I think it's good to see the other milliband brother get himself a job
  • sammy391 said:

se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

But that goes against afka's statement that "no british manager with any respect would touch this club"!
    And none did, because presumably they weren't given the change to get within touching distance despite the thorough recruitment process that was undertaken.
  • @sammy391‌ (and others), you have no idea of what other peoples credentials are in their support so please don't call others so-called fans because they feel differently to you.

What utter drivel. It's a job. Loads of out of work managers who would have loved this job. RD chose someone he is used to and has been successful with. Seems to smell of xenophobia.
  • sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

Now I've been a Charlton fan for 10years , understandably that is nothing compared to many of our fan base so I accept any criticism from those people who have been supporters a while , those who got us back to the valley etc and those people only... But , if you don't want to or refuse to support Charlton in what people are classing as 'dark days' then I personally prefer you left!
    If you give up on your team due to some bloke from Belgium and refuse to support the players and staff ,then in my opinion you don't deserve the 'good days' that will come!
    Is the appointment of Guy Luzon really near as bad as the financial difficulties and bankruptcy of the past and then not having a ground to call home then don't expect a welcome when you suddenly turn up if and when we are in our good days!

I've seen so many so called fans posting on twitter, facebook and other mediums that they aren't going to Charlton until RD is out , or until Luzon is out , or even until we have our Charlton Back - i'm just glad that it wasn't those of you who were around when The Valley was taken away from us , or when the Charlton fans dug deep into their pocket to sign the club Ronnie Moore!

Lets all get behind the club , the team , the players and the manager whoever they might be because we all support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC .. not whoever is the flavour of the month at charlton or whatever

COYR!

Well said, that man!
  • Sponsored links:

• @sammy391‌ (and others), you have no idea of what other peoples credentials are in their support so please don't call others so-called fans because they feel differently to you.

What utter drivel. It's a job. Loads of out of work managers who would have loved this job. RD chose someone he is used to and has been successful with. Seems to smell of xenophobia a chairman in an ivory tower without either attachment to what he has bought or a clue how to maintain it.
    Fixed it for you ;-)

What utter drivel. It's a job. Loads of out of work managers who would have loved this job. RD chose someone he is used to and has been successful with. Seems to smell of xenophobia.
    Nothing to do with xenophobia, it is the fact yet another manager has been appoint d who has no experience in English football
  • I'm really so unenthused about this appointment as I was when Peeters and Riga were both brought in. Not an ounce of excitement at all. I gave them both a chance and as underwhelmed as I feel right now I already have Watford tickets so will judge Luzon heavily on Saturday rightly or wrongly, I just don't have a good gut feel about this appointment.

Just about the only thing I can suggest is those considering / giving up should at least stick together and join the Supporters Trust or whichever fans group has the loudest voice, once which RD / KM can't ignore.
  • sammy391 said:

Stig said:

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

COYR!

Personally I don't understand this attitude. I want people to support Charlton, but I want them to be happy supporting Charlton. It can be a bit of a slog at times, if people want to take a break and then come back later, then good luck to them. It's a football club, not The Moonies.
    But lets be honest , were any of us happy to be playing in league one against the likes of Tranmere etc or were people happy to fork out travel costs to see a naff team in a naff Division playing other naff teams?

Of course we all want our fellow fans to be happy as it means there is a bloody good chance whatever has made them happy will positively effect us .. but does showing a lack of support for the club aka its players and others based on a few decisions really benefit the club?
    Maybe it doesn't benefit the club but (unfortunately) football is an industry now - an entertainments industry. As much as you might like you think they everyone goes to Charlton for the benefit of the club, first and foremost people go to be entertained. If they aren't enjoying it, it's their choice to go less, not at all, or to go along and moan about it. You, Me, Katrien, Sepp Blatter or anyone else, have no right to tell them any different.
  • sammy391 said:

RedPanda said:

Don't tell me how to be a fan. I could reel off a load badge of honours, ticks etc, from relegation seasons and League One, all here now kept going through that period. We play in white, live off cast offs from a mediocre team in a second rate league, have treated loyal players like crap, and now have a coach who is a certified yes man. It's not the same club I or many others grew up with and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to hand their hard earned money over to Roland or the f'n 'network'.

But then, Is the premier league days club the same as the one that people grew up with in the 60's ?
    ridiculous reason for not supporting a club ... do you want/expect the kids who support Charlton now to get the hump and start giving up because we play hoof-ball under an English manager in the future or because we are struggling financially as RD left?
    What would be your reaction if we changed our name to Charlton Red Bulls, wore all white and had the bulls as a badge? You'd be peeved and probably reconsider your support, yes? Everyone has their own breaking point.

After a long succession of questionable, baffling and blatantly self-serving decisions from Roland, some people are near or at their point of breaking.

What's more, the one thing he does care about is money. If people don't want to attend then they hit him where it hurts most - his pocket.

Nothing to do with xenophobia, it is the fact yet another manager has been appoint d who has no experience in English football
    Yeah Wenger and Mourinho had loads of experience before coming here. LOL
  • Sponsored links:

Well Mourinho winning the Champions League was a bit of a better indicator for future success than Luzon getting sacked by Standard Liege so well done on an irrelevant point.
    48.61% win rate at Standard Liege
  • I feel a disturbance in the force.
  • The answer to how we feel as a group, with this boring Belgian experiment, will be there for all to see when our home support is another 2k lower than this season

You are bang on there mate, thing is floating voters won't renew. And they probably won't come back next season full stop.

Idiots like us will renew thereby forfeiting our voice.

Even if Duchatelet comes out and spouts a load more waffle or pulls katrien mieres strings to say what a great man this latest redeployee is the damage is done with this appointment.

I don't need to prove how much of a fan I am to anybody I will absolutely voice my opinion and concern for being treated with contempt
  • edited January 2015
    purdis said:

Well Mourinho winning the Champions League was a bit of a better indicator for future success than Luzon getting sacked by Standard Liege so well done on an irrelevant point.
    48.61% win rate at Standard Liege
    Ronny Deila has a 60% win rate at Celtic and I wouldn't want him, it's going to always be higher because Anderlecht, Liege and Club Brugge are much bigger than everyone else. Although Tim Sherwood would be proud of you for that defence of Luzon.
  • We are Charlton. The day WILL come when we rise above all this bullshit and negativity.The people burying us into the ground WILL be gone. We WILL once again be happy and have smiles on our faces.

I just hope I'm alive to see it!!........or more likely , hear it on the wireless.

• Love the passion but
    LoonyBin said:

Having read through all the posts above, there seems to be one common link to them all.

We're all bloody unhappy with the current situation. Now, why do you think that would be..?

It's because, for whatever reason, no matter how illogical it may be, or how maddening, frustrating and at times enraging it might be..... we bloody well love this club.

Sammy may have only been a fan for ten years, but I'd presume that is due to his relative youth. I don't agree with his comments, but they come across to me as being written with passion and a desire to show a united front with the club regardless of who is in charge. Speaking for myself, I've been a Charlton supporter for more than 50 years now and in relation to some of the crises I've seen this club endure, the current situation is pretty small beer.

How many times have I walked back up Charlton Church Lane after a game muttering under my breath that "That's it. No more. I'm never going back ever again". More times than I can remember, and yet, here I am, still turning up and suffering the same old same old.

We get frustrated and angry because we give a damn. We bloody well care about this club and seeing it being used by a complete and utter plank like Duchatelet rankles. I would truly like to meet him face to face and tell him what I think. I can assure you all that it would contain the sort of language that old salts are well known for.

But whatever the bottom line may be in the future, I'll never give up on this club. I've been through too much to quit now. I'll not give up my lifelong devotion for the sake of bloody foreigner who I'd be quite happy to send packing across the Channel - or better still, into it - as soon as look at him.

Does RD get right up my nose? Hell, yes.

Will I keep following the team ? You betcha.

Stroppy lot us Charlton supporters, aren't we..?

Top post
  • No more of my money is going to the network. Away games only til duchalet and Katrien are gone
  • LoonyBin said:

Having read through all the posts above, there seems to be one common link to them all.

We're all bloody unhappy with the current situation. Now, why do you think that would be..?

It's because, for whatever reason, no matter how illogical it may be, or how maddening, frustrating and at times enraging it might be..... we bloody well love this club.

Sammy may have only been a fan for ten years, but I'd presume that is due to his relative youth. I don't agree with his comments, but they come across to me as being written with passion and a desire to show a united front with the club regardless of who is in charge. Speaking for myself, I've been a Charlton supporter for more than 50 years now and in relation to some of the crises I've seen this club endure, the current situation is pretty small beer.

How many times have I walked back up Charlton Church Lane after a game muttering under my breath that "That's it. No more. I'm never going back ever again". More times than I can remember, and yet, here I am, still turning up and suffering the same old same old.

We get frustrated and angry because we give a damn. We bloody well care about this club and seeing it being used by a complete and utter plank like Duchatelet rankles. I would truly like to meet him face to face and tell him what I think. I can assure you all that it would contain the sort of language that old salts are well known for.

But whatever the bottom line may be in the future, I'll never give up on this club. I've been through too much to quit now. I'll not give up my lifelong devotion for the sake of bloody foreigner who I'd be quite happy to send packing across the Channel - or better still, into it - as soon as look at him.

Does RD get right up my nose? Hell, yes.

Will I keep following the team ? You betcha.

Stroppy lot us Charlton supporters, aren't we..?

Superb post.