Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For Fans Considering/Have Given up on Charlton!

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Sadly I think when the dust settles that the only real winner out of all this will be Peter Varney and Dave Archer
  • Sadly I think when the dust settles that the only real winner out of all this will be Peter Varney.

Getting us on the cheap?

• Shut up.

People are pissed off and rightly so.

What right have you got to tell someone to shut up. The original poster is entitled to his/her opinion. I'm not kissed off, I was on Saturday and I have been since November.

In the last two months we've conceded lots of goals from final marking, way he'd a centre mid play left wing all year, a slow midfield duo who can't head, tackle or create and only one striker. A player stated unrest in the dressing room and we needed a change and have got it

Would Luzon have been my choice? No!!! Am I going to give him a chance? Yes.

If people don't want to go to games then that's their choice but I agree with the original post.....Cory!!!!
  • Care to explain AFKA?
  • Luzon, not looking too good to me. It will be interesting to see if he is given any funds etc to go into the transfer market, or whether it will be more network sub standard failures. This may give us our biggest clue to as to where RD is taking this club. Surely he must have learnt that network cast offs are not good enough for Championship football? If he hasn't then we will probably go down, devaluing his investment big time. But does he really care or will he just sell of Vetokele, Gudmonsun, Cousins and Gomez
  • Shut up.

People are pissed off and rightly so.

What right have you got to tell someone to shut up. The original poster is entitled to his/her opinion. I'm not kissed off, I was on Saturday and I have been since November.

In the last two months we've conceded lots of goals from final marking, way he'd a centre mid play left wing all year, a slow midfield duo who can't head, tackle or create and only one striker. A player stated unrest in the dressing room and we needed a change and have got it

Would Luzon have been my choice? No!!! Am I going to give him a chance? Yes.

If people don't want to go to games then that's their choice but I agree with the original post.....Cory!!!!
    Auto correct.......pissed off and zonal marking
  • aliwibble said:

Care to explain AFKA?

That I expect they will sweep up another influx of small / medium traditionally Charlton sponsors, lounge peeps over the next year or so. Just my opinion.

• Owner of football club treating fans with contempt shocker.

We are not the first set of fans to be treated like shit by an owner and we won't be the last.

He's ploughed his money in so we just have to roll with it I'm afraid.

If he wins his first few games no one will give a monkeys about what has happened, such is the fickle nature of football.

Much more annoyed/concerned when the rumours of leaving the Valley were circulating not too long ag

• Owner of football club treating fans with contempt shocker.

We are not the first set of fans to be treated like shit by an owner and we won't be the last.

He's ploughed his money in so we just have to roll with it I'm afraid.

If he wins his first few games no one will give a monkeys about what has happened, such is the fickle nature of football.

Much more annoyed/concerned when the rumours of leaving the Valley were circulating not too long ag

Lost my passion for football over the last year. Happened to be same point RD took over.

Still get to almost 6 away games per season and the odd home one like on Saturday but do not feel that bothered about missing any games.

I have missed 8 home games this season, I missed 2 from 09 to 14.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

Now I've been a Charlton fan for 10years , understandably that is nothing compared to many of our fan base so I accept any criticism from those people who have been supporters a while , those who got us back to the valley etc and those people only... But , if you don't want to or refuse to support Charlton in what people are classing as 'dark days' then I personally prefer you left!
    If you give up on your team due to some bloke from Belgium and refuse to support the players and staff ,then in my opinion you don't deserve the 'good days' that will come!
    Is the appointment of Guy Luzon really near as bad as the financial difficulties and bankruptcy of the past and then not having a ground to call home then don't expect a welcome when you suddenly turn up if and when we are in our good days!

I've seen so many so called fans posting on twitter, facebook and other mediums that they aren't going to Charlton until RD is out , or until Luzon is out , or even until we have our Charlton Back - i'm just glad that it wasn't those of you who were around when The Valley was taken away from us , or when the Charlton fans dug deep into their pocket to sign the club Ronnie Moore!

Lets all get behind the club , the team , the players and the manager whoever they might be because we all support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC .. not whoever is the flavour of the month at charlton or whatever

COYR!

Do naive. The valley was won back partly by the thousands who boycotted Selhurst.
  • Basically if he makes it entertaining and results pick up , I will go. If it's as bad as it has been, then I will only be there when I've fuck all else to do.
  • i think we should give the new man a chance
  • #mangina
  • Nice to know I have guidance as to how to be a Charlton fan.
  • I feel a disturbance in the force.

You need to lay off the bran flakes shooters.

• sammy391 .Your logic in saying that fans that dont agree with you ---"should leave now",
    are extremely flawed.I strongly diagree with you but why would I want any charlton fan to "leave now".I suspect you are very young as the tone of your article is of a teenager stamping their feet .
  • well said
  • aliwibble said:

Care to explain AFKA?

That I expect they will sweep up another influx of small / medium traditionally Charlton sponsors, lounge peeps over the next year or so. Just my opinion.

Aaah, good luck to them :(
  • Sponsored links:

• lincs addick is at it as well
  • kentred2 said:

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

Now I've been a Charlton fan for 10years , understandably that is nothing compared to many of our fan base so I accept any criticism from those people who have been supporters a while , those who got us back to the valley etc and those people only... But , if you don't want to or refuse to support Charlton in what people are classing as 'dark days' then I personally prefer you left!
    If you give up on your team due to some bloke from Belgium and refuse to support the players and staff ,then in my opinion you don't deserve the 'good days' that will come!
    Is the appointment of Guy Luzon really near as bad as the financial difficulties and bankruptcy of the past and then not having a ground to call home then don't expect a welcome when you suddenly turn up if and when we are in our good days!

I've seen so many so called fans posting on twitter, facebook and other mediums that they aren't going to Charlton until RD is out , or until Luzon is out , or even until we have our Charlton Back - i'm just glad that it wasn't those of you who were around when The Valley was taken away from us , or when the Charlton fans dug deep into their pocket to sign the club Ronnie Moore!

Lets all get behind the club , the team , the players and the manager whoever they might be because we all support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC .. not whoever is the flavour of the month at charlton or whatever

COYR!

Do naive. The valley was won back partly by the thousands who boycotted Selhurst.
    But was that not boycotting because it was seen as a radical way to get us back to the valley ? Not exactly the same as boycotting/not going because you dont like what is happening
  • timken said:

sammy391 .Your logic in saying that fans that dont agree with you ---"should leave now",
    are extremely flawed.I strongly diagree with you but why would I want any charlton fan to "leave now".I suspect you are very young as the tone of your article is of a teenager stamping their feet .

Im not saying they should leave because they dont agree with me .. im merely saying that those who are 'threatening' to leave and those who are completely abandoning the team should go ...
    I can almost garuntee those who decide not to line RDs pockets or whatever will be back like a flash should we become a premier league team once again which in my eyes is fickle!
  • sammy391 said:

timken said:

sammy391 .Your logic in saying that fans that dont agree with you ---"should leave now",

those who are completely abandoning the team should go
    You want people who are leaving to leave?
  • sammy391 said:

kentred2 said:

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

COYR!

But was that not boycotting because it was seen as a radical way to get us back to the valley ? Not exactly the same as boycotting/not going because you dont like what is happening
    So sammy391, what happens if someone doesn't boycott the club by not going, but when they do go and the team loses they feel like booing, jeering and heckling and venting their frustration, and proceed to boo, jeer and heckle?

• sammy391 said:

kentred2 said:

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

COYR!

Same in my mind: a logical not radical way to get rid of the network, which I judge as a bigger threat to cafc than Selhurst.
  • Having supported the club since 1965!! I can honestly say I now feel no local attachment to what is going on. If I wanted to support a Belgian club - and I lived there as a child - I would have done. But Charlton was my club on the north Kent line from Gravesend on the 2.18 fast stopping at Charlton since I was young enough to remember. Now, with a succession of Belgian managers and players on some sort of continental merry go round I have finally, finally lost interest. Very sad but I will always have my memories of Bonds, Glover, Campbell, Hales, Flanagan, Tydeman, Curbs, Murphy, Jensen, Jackson et all. I hope the club succeeds, I really do but as BB King sang The thrill is gone.

1968 for me and spot on
  • seth plum said:

sammy391 said:

kentred2 said:

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

COYR!

So sammy391, what happens if someone doesn't boycott the club by not going, but when they do go and the team loses they feel like booing, jeering and heckling and venting their frustration, and proceed to boo, jeer and heckle?

I see that as different though seth ...
    If you go to a game to support your team no matter and feel you have to boo due to the performance they have just witnessed then thats fine , but its different to not going because the team might play shit and because you dont agree with business decisions!
    Would you stop buying your favourite musicians music because they have just released an album you dont like...?