Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For Fans Considering/Have Given up on Charlton!

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Please leave now ...

Now I've been a Charlton fan for 10years , understandably that is nothing compared to many of our fan base so I accept any criticism from those people who have been supporters a while , those who got us back to the valley etc and those people only... But , if you don't want to or refuse to support Charlton in what people are classing as 'dark days' then I personally prefer you left!
If you give up on your team due to some bloke from Belgium and refuse to support the players and staff ,then in my opinion you don't deserve the 'good days' that will come!
Is the appointment of Guy Luzon really near as bad as the financial difficulties and bankruptcy of the past and then not having a ground to call home then don't expect a welcome when you suddenly turn up if and when we are in our good days!

I've seen so many so called fans posting on twitter, facebook and other mediums that they aren't going to Charlton until RD is out , or until Luzon is out , or even until we have our Charlton Back - i'm just glad that it wasn't those of you who were around when The Valley was taken away from us , or when the Charlton fans dug deep into their pocket to sign the club Ronnie Moore!

Lets all get behind the club , the team , the players and the manager whoever they might be because we all support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC .. not whoever is the flavour of the month at charlton or whatever

COYR!

Comments

• Agree with all of this although Im hiding behind the sofa now you've said ChrisPowell FC

INCOMING!!!!!!!
  • Agree with all of this although Im hiding behind the sofa now you've said ChrisPowell FC

INCOMING!!!!!!!

Whoops better change it ;)
  • RedPanda said:

Don't tell me how to be a fan. I could reel off a load badge of honours, ticks etc, from relegation seasons and League One, all here now kept going through that period. We play in white, live off cast offs from a mediocre team in a second rate league, have treated loyal players like crap, and now have a coach who is a certified yes man. It's not the same club I or many others grew up with and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to hand their hard earned money over to Roland or the f'n 'network'.

But then, Is the premier league days club the same as the one that people grew up with in the 60's ?
    ridiculous reason for not supporting a club ... do you want/expect the kids who support Charlton now to get the hump and start giving up because we play hoof-ball under an English manager in the future or because we are struggling financially as RD left?
  • I have supportted for 40 years season been a season ticket holder for 15 years ..

Been most away games work permitting
    Good all cup games

I will not be told by someone that's supported charlton for 10 years .. "To go" when I'm pissed off.

That is all

Not saying you cant be pissed off with some decisions but what im saying is that those who are 'leaving' and jumping shit just because of a few reasons should just go and not make a song and dance about it!
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

There not fans are they ......
    Standing out side high court 15 mins till we lost Charlton Football Club ... Helping dig the valley on a wet sunday morning this is what makes a fan , managers, players, owners come and go Charlton will continue with proper fans behind it

Precisely!
  • razil said:

I think its pretty worrying that some people are losing their identification with the club, not sure what the answer is but telling people how to think, what to do, tends not to work in my view

Football is more than a business, and its not just about glory particularly for Charlton, its an irrational attachment in many ways

But what is there to identify with? For me its the Badge , the red shirt and the history/community we have as a club , not who plays upfront on a Saturday or who is making the decisions whether they be wrong or right!
  • sammy391 said:

I have supportted for 40 years season been a season ticket holder for 15 years ..

Good all cup games

I will not be told by someone that's supported charlton for 10 years .. "To go" when I'm pissed off.

That is all

Not saying you cant be pissed off with some decisions but what im saying is that those who are 'leaving' and jumping shit just because of a few reasons should just go and not make a song and dance about it!
    No it's because I work hard for my money .. Why would I want to put it someone's pocket that I feel is not looking after the club I have supported 30 years longer then you and put already a lot of money into the club

Just my opinion ... Don't tell loyal fans like myself who to be fans
    That is fair enough and quite just , but are you considering 'dropping' Charlton because of a managerial appointment or because of who owns the club ? TBH I doubt you are , so please don't feel like this is aimed at you nor any other supporters in your boat
  • sammy391 said:

razil said:

I think its pretty worrying that some people are losing their identification with the club, not sure what the answer is but telling people how to think, what to do, tends not to work in my view

Football is more than a business, and its not just about glory particularly for Charlton, its an irrational attachment in many ways

But what is there to identify with? For me its the Badge , the red shirt and the history/community we have as a club , not who plays upfront on a Saturday or who is making the decisions whether they be wrong or right!
    Its a good question isn't it, and I think people have different reasons, plus how do you define support?

It could be on a scale - watching for results in the paper, watching tv highlights, going to the odd match, buying a season, following Charlton home and away, never missing a match

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Yeh, whatever (as the yoof would say) I'm over them, sick of them, but whilst my wife and kids are enjoying themselves in Geneva for a short break, muggins here will be at Watford for the last game I'll see for a year. A win would be beyond my dreams, a goal, fantastic, but I know it will be another drab defeat with yet another sending off.
  • sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

Now I've been a Charlton fan for 10years , understandably that is nothing compared to many of our fan base so I accept any criticism from those people who have been supporters a while , those who got us back to the valley etc and those people only... But , if you don't want to or refuse to support Charlton in what people are classing as 'dark days' then I personally prefer you left!
    If you give up on your team due to some bloke from Belgium and refuse to support the players and staff ,then in my opinion you don't deserve the 'good days' that will come!
    Is the appointment of Guy Luzon really near as bad as the financial difficulties and bankruptcy of the past and then not having a ground to call home then don't expect a welcome when you suddenly turn up if and when we are in our good days!

I've seen so many so called fans posting on twitter, facebook and other mediums that they aren't going to Charlton until RD is out , or until Luzon is out , or even until we have our Charlton Back - i'm just glad that it wasn't those of you who were around when The Valley was taken away from us , or when the Charlton fans dug deep into their pocket to sign the club Ronnie Moore!

Lets all get behind the club , the team , the players and the manager whoever they might be because we all support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC .. not chrispowell FC or whatever

COYR!

I have supportted for 40 years season been a season ticket holder for 15 years ..

Go to nearly all cup games

That is all

Make u right my thoughts exactly
  • sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

Lets all get behind the club , the team , the players and the manager whoever they might be because we all support CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC .. not whoever is the flavour of the month at charlton or whatever

COYR!

There's a difference between being (quite rightly) annoyed at what is going on and walking away. Even if people think that getting rid of Peters was correct , there is nothing to suggest that this new guy will be any better
  • sammy391 said:

@sammy391‌ (and others), you have no idea of what other peoples credentials are in their support so please don't call others so-called fans because they feel differently to you.

No British manager with any respect would touch our club in its present form. That should tell you something.

So alan curbishley in fact didnt say he was interested?
    Of course he was interested, i was interested as well , but its never going to happen.
  • Personally, I couldn't give a toss what you'd personally prefer. Personally.
  • wmcf123 said:

sammy391 said:

Please leave now ...

COYR!

There's a difference between being (quite rightly) annoyed at what is going on and walking away. Even if people think that getting rid of Peters was correct , there is nothing to suggest that this new guy will be any better
    I agree but I worry that long term support is slipping away something that began after that Summer when Varney left, and has stepped up a level with the Network ownership.