Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Church to Millwall

Comments

• So I've had about 16 hours to come to terms with you b'stards tucking us up and have come to the conclusion that some sort of divine intervention must be happening at our place.

I believe our illustrious leader has seen a light (not THE light) and decided that having Church and Easter up front may change our goalscoring fortunes.

I also firmly believe that the next batch of signings for us will include the following:

Jesus Navas
    Victor Moses
    Islam Feruz
    Eddie Pope
    Jorge Resurrección (Koke)

We'll see who has the last laugh!!!

That's not bad for a Millwall fan.
  • dickplumb said:

So I've had about 16 hours to come to terms with you b'stards tucking us up and have come to the conclusion that some sort of divine intervention must be happening at our place.

I believe our illustrious leader has seen a light (not THE light) and decided that having Church and Easter up front may change our goalscoring fortunes.

I also firmly believe that the next batch of signings for us will include the following:

Jesus Navas
    Victor Moses
    Islam Feruz
    Eddie Pope

That's not bad for a Millwall fan.
    Ta.

I had to make some sort of sense of it all, regardless of how flimsy and whimsical.

• So I've had about 16 hours to come to terms with you b'stards tucking us up and have come to the conclusion that some sort of divine intervention must be happening at our place.

Jesus Navas
    Victor Moses
    Islam Feruz
    Eddie Pope

• edited January 2015

Jesus Navas
    Victor Moses
    Islam Feruz
    Eddie Pope

With Gavin Peacock as your manager...

Jesus Navas
    Victor Moses
    Islam Feruz
    Eddie Pope

With Gavin Peacock as your manager...
    Christ Powell, surely?

• Would not be surprised if Simon Church to #Millwall doesn't happen...

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 8, 2015

took me a while to work out the double negatives

Knows he's stealing a living and doesn't want to work for Millwall on half our salary only to be without a contract at the end of it. Might as well milk us for 6 months more

• Sponsored links:

• Have we shot ourselves in the foot here? Any Millwall official looking on here would have has 2nd/3rd/4th thoughts from our ringing endorsements.
  • We are resigning the 6ft 7" Hofmeister
  • Has Simon really left us or not , when its on the OS and all that?
  • JMP said:

We are resigning the 6ft 7" Hofmeister

My condolences
  • Talal said:

JMP said:

We are resigning the 6ft 7" Hofmeister

My condolences
    He's ok, he's ego is bigger that he is tall but think he knows what we expect from him & to be fair he scares the shit out of defences.

• Spelling.... HIS ego before I'm corrected
  • It may have worked, all these negative comments, we might now have a chance of keeping our best striker from leaving...he scores when he wants, Simon Church, he scores when he wants
  • Big Bob says he wants Church to stay,why would he want that
  • Sponsored links:

• doronron said:

Big Bob says he wants Church to stay,why would he want that

Because Roland has said they'll be no other players coming in maybe. Just a guess.
  • doronron said:

Because there will be no more players coming in. Apparently with the players coming back, we have a strong squad.

• dickplumb said:

doronron said:

Because there will be no more players coming in. Apparently with the players coming back, we have a strong squad.

Ludicrous
  • Charlton manager Bob Peeters expects striker Simon Church to remain with the Addicks this month despite transfer talks with Millwall.

Charlton boss reveals major Addicks injury boost ahead of crucial period
    The Wales forward has not seen much game time this season under Peeters and with the addition of former Celtic man Tony Watt, Church could fall even further down the pecking order.

Peeters has admitted Millwall have been in contact with the club and agent over the availability of the 26-year-old, but the Belgian boss expects to have him in his squad for the game with Brighton on Saturday afternoon.

“There was some interest there,” Peeters said. “At this moment there is a big difference between interest and him going.”

“It is up to Simon whether he goes away or not, I think there was some talking between his agent and Millwall.

“But he trained with us today and if everything stays like today he will be in the squad on Saturday.”

New boy Watt will be in the squad too, along with top scorer Igor Vetokele as the Addicks recall a number of first team players after their FA Cup defeat against Blackburn.

Church featured in that defeat to Rovers last weekend but Peeters is confident that won’t be his last game for the south east London club, and a move to rivals Millwall is unlikely now.

Peeters added two new players to his squad last week but is in no rush to add further recruits.

“I have said all season that if there are opportunities we will take those opportunities” Peeters said.

“But at this moment we have a lot people coming back, we have a squad good enough to be competitive again.

“If they all come back we might have a good enough squad.”
  • Did anyone else on here go to the Oxford Capital cup game at home last season when he scored
    two good strikers goal and then missed a open goal for his hat trick.
    Since then has run his cotton socks off but has looked short of being a championship striker.

He got a good reception when he came off against Blackburn.

I have been at matches when the crowd started laughing when he won a header,
    but have not heard any booing of simon.
  • I wonder what the odds are of Church scoring more goals than Tony Watt between now and the end of the season, I think Churchy's been working hard on his finishing, and will come back into the fold as a goal machine, Millwalls loss.
  • I wonder what the odds are of Church scoring more goals than Tony Watt between now and the end of the season, I think Churchy's been working hard on his finishing, and will come back into the fold as a goal machine, Millwalls loss.

Ermmmm
  • Sounds to me like Bob is resigned to no more incoming players. This squad is not good enough and we need players now.
  • As good as "Having the crowd's support is the only way we can win on Saturday" from some youtube Facebook link earlier!