Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Mail readers reaction to rumours of a black James Bond

12346»

Comments

• Options
    WayneK said:

No I didn't but why is it a joke? I expect you will find that most black people could not give a fig what colour Bond is.

And most white people. It's not a big deal either way.

that's why the outrage from the righties is so funny.

Someone mentions a famous actor might be a good Bond and certain people go into melt down as they get offended on other people's behalf.

But at least raplhmilne showed his true colours.
  • Options
    Daily Mail banned and blocked in Thailand...thank goodness! For me its the same as with anything, including footballers, if they are good enough let them play, the rest is insignificant.
  • Options

Daily Mail banned and blocked in Thailand...thank goodness! For me its the same as with anything, including footballers, if they are good enough let them play, the rest is insignificant.

Unless they come from SL reserves :)
  • Options

WayneK said:

No I didn't but why is it a joke? I expect you will find that most black people could not give a fig what colour Bond is.

Someone mentions a famous actor might be a good Bond and certain people go into melt down as they get offended on other people's behalf.

And the outrage from the lefties is just as funny.
  • Options
    having read the debate on here ..i did originally post that i would be more comfortable with a black dr who as opposed to a James Bond ...I have changed my mind ...they are both franchises that perpetuate as the person who plays the lead changes over time (and in Bonds case getting further and further away from the original character anyway) id probably say now that skin colour would make no difference to either
  • Options

Reading some of this and the Katrein thread, you really do begin to realise that we have a fair few dinosaur's amongst the CL Members .

It has taken you this long to realise ?
  • Options
    I had a look at the Daily Mail website to see all the comments on this topic. The views on that site are just as diverse as those on this thread.
  • Options
    I'm just off to buy today's edition.
  • Options
    Idris Elba is an incredible actor, you just have to watch the wire and luther alone to realise this. Honestly don't really see the big who harr, if anything i think bond might be a bit below him.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

WayneK said:

And the outrage from the lefties is just as funny.
    Whooooosh ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we were all the same, what a boring world this would be. Merry Christmas Henry x x
  • Options
    WayneK said:

If we were all the same, what a boring world this would be. Merry Christmas Henry x x

And to you.
  • Options

WayneK said:

And to you.
    Take this blossoming bromance off line disgusting behaviour the both of you ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This post seems to have been taken down, but it is embedded in a reply from me earlier.

RaplhMilne said:

Perhaps when a significant portion of their community can get more than 4 of them together without stabbing each other to death, we will !

Now it seems to me to be quite nasty and negative stereotyping of black people, and I asked RaplhMilne if that was their intention.

By responding, my point made and myself as a person, risk being dismissed as being too PC, or political correctness gone mad, or having had a sense or humour bypass, or an automatic 'leftie' response.
    Would it not be better to engage with the particular issue highlighted (in this case the assumption that a group black people would almost by definition be violent murderers) rather than dismiss any/my protest with one of the labels I have mentioned above?

I am particularly aware that the stereotyping of people because of their racial appearance is threatening, because my wife is of another race, and my son is mixed race, and racial stereotyping can provide legitimacy to those who would violently attack people of a different race to them.

This lasts just over three minutes, IT IS NASTY, BE WARNED BAD LANGUAGE AND RACIST TALK but it illustrates what I mean. It is the Stephen Lawrence suspects secretly filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFHvB3m53fg