Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Mail readers reaction to rumours of a black James Bond

Comments

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

I prefer my Bonds to be more suave than gritty, I guess that's what happens when you grow up in the Roger Moore era :-)

So someone like Damien Lewis, for example

Damien Lewis is one of my favourite actors... Another great shout, although if he's picked people will say "but he's ginger"
    and obviously Daniel Craig is a natural brunette? These film people have all sorts of make up and hair dye available I'm told, not sure if I believe it though.
    Yeah but people did moan like hell when Craig got the job because they said that Bond wasn't blonde
  • Options
    Do we really need any more James Bond's? Why not just move on to 008? It is really stretching the franchise's credibility keeping this bloke alive for 60 odd years. At least Dr Who is 900 years old!
  • Options

Do we really need any more James Bond's? Why not just move on to 008? It is really stretching the franchise's credibility keeping this bloke alive for 60 odd years. At least Dr Who is 900 years old!

Yeah but he could be foiling terrorists every month or every week so they could barely have scratched the surface so far
  • Options
    Curbs 16-1
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    There has been a female Hamlet, all male versions of Romeo and Juliet, I have seen a black King Lear with white daughters, all were great experiences.

Now if anybody says you can't have Adrian Lester

as James Bond

with Francoise Yip

as his full blood sister because it wouldn't be realistic, we're talking about James Bond here, not exactly a fusion of Checkhov, Pinter and Mike Leigh!
  • Options
    I'm laughing at the mock outrage in the OP. Typical Righties with no sense of humour

Really, it's a fictional character.

PS We all know it was written in Jamaica

• Options
    seth plum said:

There has been a female Hamlet, all male versions of Romeo and Juliet, I have seen a black King Lear with white daughters, all were great experiences.
    Now if anybody says you can't have Adrian Lester

as James Bond with Francoise Yip

I'll say it! You CANNOT have Adrian Lester. He's far too good an actor to waste time on that kind of Shite. Idris Elba on the other hand - help yourself- one dimensional dreadful TV actor IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can we make him gay and disabled as well? That should keep everyone happy.

Goitta have him as a child and as a pensioner too... Cant let age discrimination come into it either
  • Options
    Lol, a gay, disabled black bond. In 2030 this will be a reality.
  • Options

Can we make him gay....

Double Ohh Matron! :-P

• Options
    we forgot obese too. won't be able to squeeze into a sports car so will be chasing the baddies in a 7 seater people carrier.
  • Options
    probably more credible to have a black Dr Who than a black James Bond .
  • Options
    lolwray said:

No reason not to have a disabled Dr Who. Perhaps we shall.
  • Options

lolwray said:

He could have a heart attack and struggle along with just the one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

lolwray said:

Can't tell if serious or not
  • Options
    Oh wait I thought you meant James Bond
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Stig said:

A black/coloured/ethnic/minority (delete as you see appropriate) James Bond wouldn't feel right to me. Does that make me racist?

What about when there was an Australian James Bond and a Scottish James Bond, did that feel right? What about when M changed sex and then changed back again, how right did that feel? It's a film franchise, not a serial; the characters change all the time to match new situations. If they didn't it would be even more ridiculous: The original character was about 40 at the time of Dr No, so he'd be over 90 now. Obviously he isn't because, apart from not appealing to the ladies, some of those stunts would be a little difficult with arthritis and a stainless steel hip. It seems though that some people find certain changes harder to accept than others.
    Excuse me, Bond is Scottish - it's an outrage that English actors have been playing him all these years, Elba will just be the latest in a line of perpetrators of this travesty !
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    yeah, like Connery. Oh wait you mean those other ones.....
    ;-)

Personally I'm holding out for an asian Poirot.
  • Options
    Ian Fleming originally didn't want Sean Connery because he was Scottish.

It felt a bit weird watching the equalizer being played by Denziel Washington as opposed Edward Woodward but it was enjoyable.

I don't mind change but just for the sake of being PC its a bit much
  • Options
    I don't think it's got anything to do with being PC, it's just that they think he'd be the best man for the role when it becomes available again soon.

• Options

I don't think it's got anything to do with being PC, it's just that they think he'd be the best man for the role when it becomes available again soon.

Indeed. He's suave, birds like him and he's a great, versatile actor. What's not to like?
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

This is a great thread for outing the Neanderthals.

How many neanderthals, would you say, it has outed so far then?