Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Mail readers reaction to rumours of a black James Bond

Comments

• Options
    It's fiction, if he can pull it off and it entertains, why should it matter.

Every Bond is a very different character and the fiction has gone well beyond the mental picture of the character that is supposed to be Fleming himself. They have probably run out of ideas to develop a new character. The only tradition that is sacred is the tradition of making money, not being PC.
  • Options
    It's a shame people still see black or white and not just man. I suppose this'll never change.
  • Options
    Where will this political correctness end?

Waht next - M being a woman ?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    Whoosh
  • Options
    Yep, only read the first sentence haha
  • Options
    I'm surprised that Pitt or Clooney haven't been nominated, yet.

We couldn't have an American Bond, could we? Dick Van Dyke, maybe.
  • Options
    Don't matter who gets it James Bond is a load of old wank
  • Options

Don't matter who gets it James Bond is a load of old wank

• Options

A black/coloured/ethnic/minority (delete as you see appropriate) James Bond wouldn't feel right to me. Does that make me racist?

No, but your subsequent posts make me wonder...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Idris was great in the Wire---dont see him as a James Bond type --more of a herbert really.

Shaw-shank Redemption a great film. In Stephen Kings book "Red" is a red haired Irishman.In the film it was played by Morgan Freeman.Inspired casting that. Huge amount of narration in the film and Freeman's voice is spellbinding. Of course he can act as well.

James Bond to me is a white Englishman---i ignore the fact that he might be a Jock and has been played by a Jock,Paddy,Aussie
  • Options

Idris was great in the Wire---dont see him as a James Bond type --more of a herbert really.

Shaw-shank Redemption a great film. In Stephen Kings book "Red" is a red haired Irishman.In the film it was played by Morgan Freeman.Inspired casting that. Huge amount of narration in the film and Freeman's voice is spellbinding. Of course he can act as well.

James Bond to me is a white Englishman---i ignore the fact that he might be a Jock and has been played by a Jock,Paddy,Aussie

I guess if you ignore facts and reality it's easy to believe anything you like !
  • Options

A black/coloured/ethnic/minority (delete as you see appropriate) James Bond wouldn't feel right to me. Does that make me racist?

Care to enlighten me as to which posts of mine you find to be racist?
  • Options

Out of interest, which posts in particular?
  • Options
    Three pages on this. Unbelievable.
    I simply can't believe anyone is kicking up about this. It's the quality of actor that matters.

Want an example?
    Three words:
    Ben.
    Kingsley.
    Gandhi.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Talal said:

It's a shame people still see black or white and not just man. I suppose this'll never change.

Perhaps when a significant portion of their community can get more than 4 of them together without stabbing each other to death, we will !
  • Options
    What?
  • Options
    mate i had to "protect" the Paddy James Bond from his GF (now his wife) one night in the hotel i was working---wasnt to fecking 007 that night.

• Options
    edited December 2014

Talal said:

Perhaps when a significant portion of their community can get more than 4 of them together without stabbing each other to death, we will !

Do you mean if there are more than four black people together they will start stabbing each other to death?
    I am confused as to what you are trying to say.

• Options
    Good one Raplh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Talal said:

• Options
    Idris Elba????
  • Options

Talal said:

I give you CL's 'Snidest Post of the Year'.
  • Options

It still kills me every time. I just wish I was quick enough to use it. Someone always get there first
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

This is a great thread for outing the Neanderthals.

Great thread for the liberal bigots. They have their buckets of slime at the ready
  • Options

yeah, like Connery. Oh wait you mean those other ones.....
    ;-)

Personally I'm holding out for an asian Poirot.

............Oh, Poirot. My bad............image
  • Options
    I reckon Russell Brand would be a good James Bond...
  • Options

I reckon Russell Brand would be a good James Bond...

Wrong colour
  • Options
    Idris Elba would be the nuts
  • Options
    edited December 2014

yeah, like Connery. Oh wait you mean those other ones.....
    ;-)

Personally I'm holding out for an asian Poirot.

............Oh, Poirot. My bad............image
    Really disappointed there are no black parrots in your photo Tango.
    Even a crow could play the part.