Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

adidas fads shirt

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264880095394

Great time to sell old shirts. It is one I sadly do not own, but at £350 I'm all out.
    'Getting dry cleaned' 

Yeah I'd wait to see the results before bidding on that !
  • Options
    I am suspicious about items like that on eBay.  Clearly worth a lot yet the seller decided to take exceptionally poor photos of it... Has to be a reason.
  • Options
    There's marker pen on the label for a start. I asked him to send a close up of it. 
  • Options
    Why would you send a football shirt to be dry cleaned anyway? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Why would you send a football shirt to be dry cleaned anyway? 
    Exactly 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    There's marker pen on the label for a start. I asked him to send a close up of it. 
    Did he send you a pic?
  • Options

• Options
    £450+, really is a sellers market right now. I'd like to say it's not worth that much, but it clearly is to someone.
  • Options
    People just love the adidas ones. Imagine what one in great condition with some decent photos would fetch. 
  • Options
    They are not even that rare, these were commercially available shirts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True, I think that's the third one come up on ebay in the last six months. The blue one doesn't seem to appear, was that not commercially available? 
  • Options
    I had that shirt bought for me as a birthday present, from Alpat Sports in Lewisham.

Wore it to death and have no idea what became of it.

Did that shirt not have a sponsor on it? Can't remember myself.

That seems a very high price for one that doesn't look in great condition.

Noticed the seller name was CAFCKev, is it the same one as on here?
  • Options
    Sponsor appears only on match worn ones I believe.
    Though usually just with the standard Woolwich text. This is an unusual one with the white band around it, beautifully modelled. Anyone know when this one was worn? 

• Options
    Talal said:
    Though usually just with the standard Woolwich text. This is an unusual one with the white band around it, beautifully modelled. Anyone know when this one was worn? 

I don't remember The Woolwich being worn like this on the top.  I remember it without the white band.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It's that it's on an Adidas shirt that's unusual. 
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    George Best shirt when he played for Charlton in Les Berry Testimonial against Arsenal  Must be worth a lot,only time Best played for Charlton.
    Bestie always signed.

Autographed stuff from Tiger Woods is value, not that he's likely to be signing Charlton shirts I realise.

He won't since the club sent him a batch with a hole in one.
  • Options
    Talal said:p

I'm fairly sure this was the one I had as a child that was at some point given to the charity shop.
  • Options

The madness continues!!!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

The madness continues!!!
    I’ve got a match worn shirt like this from our last game in the old first division, how much would that be? It’s not for sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

The madness continues!!!
    I’ve got a match worn shirt like this from our last game in the old first division, how much would that be? It’s not for sale.
    Probably 5-600 at the moment (on ebay) 
    Had the opportunity to buy a long sleeve match worn of this a few months ago for £300 and decided against it which I now regret. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    cafc999 said:

The madness continues!!!
    Had the opportunity to buy a long sleeve match worn of this a few months ago for £300 and decided against it which I now regret. 
    Ouch. Although I once saw the fabled yellow Admiral shirt on ebay many moons ago and didn't buy it. So I do feel your pain. In my defence I didn't have the required funds at the time 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    cafc999 said:

The madness continues!!!
    Ouch. Although I once saw the fabled yellow Admiral shirt on ebay many moons ago and didn't buy it. So I do feel your pain. In my defence I didn't have the required funds at the time 
    At the time I wasn't bothered about match worns and thought I could just get a replica for less. Have since got hold of one but still annoying now I've got a taste for the match worns. 
  • Options
    Dread to think what the yellow admiral would go for now. 
  • Options
    I'm fairy sure it's just a bubble. It is the same handful of fans scrambling to get their paws these.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I'm fairy sure it's just a bubble. It is the same handful of fans scrambling to get their paws these.
    Its a growing market
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Its a growing market
    True and some shirts will keep their value, but I'm not convinced this is one of them.

I would be really interested to know how many replicas were made back then.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    It would break the four figure barrier.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Talal said:
    It would break the four figure barrier.
    Yep, and I'd be one of the idiots bidding 😅
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

The madness continues!!!
    What about a loan deal to the muesem?  ;)