Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

adidas fads shirt

Comments

• Options
    Before, going by this website https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/c---g/category/charlton-athletic
    I'm sure the pin stripes must've been worn but would be nice to see. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The second version of the adidas shirt seemed to simply add pinstripes to the red and yellow kits. Then when Osca took over the pinstripes were retained on the red kit at least. I have a recollection of white shirts with red pinstripes but my memory may be playing tricks. Action photos are not too hard to find of the red kit with pinstripes so we must have worn the yellow when we played away to teams who wore red. That is probably the direction to go to find an action pic. Identify the date and games.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Before, going by this website https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/c---g/category/charlton-athletic
    Those 80's tops were fantastic.
  • Options
    The second version of the adidas shirt seemed to simply add pinstripes to the red and yellow kits. Then when Osca took over the pinstripes were retained on the red kit at least. Action photos are not to hard to find of the red kit with pinstripes so we must have worn the yellow when we played away to teams who wore red.
    Home programmes between 80 and 83 would confirm, there would be action pictures of the away games.
  • Options
    Found this but without the pin stripes - not sure if this is just before or just after.

Interesting the badge is a different colour.

• Options

Found this Barnsley v borough programme from 82/3 season.
    looks like us on cover with no pinstripes or FADS.

• Options
    Did we wear the yellow kit at Harlow away in the FA Cup 
  • Options

The white centred badge is from ‘81, this is the FA cup game away to Ipswich.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I'll always have more of an affiliation with the Quasar tops due to when I first started going and a few wacky designs, but I agree the 80's shirts were excellent - the three from 88/89 my favourites. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    I'll always have more of an affiliation with the Quasar tops due to when I first started going and a few wacky designs, but I agree the 80's shirts were excellent - the three from 88/89 my favourites. 
    The 90's hooped away top was nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Yep, that one's also on the mug list. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Yep, that one's also on the mug list. 
    Will you be selling these?
  • Options
    No just buying for myself - theterracestore.com
    Can request any kit any year but they have a few charlton ones already made up. 
  • Options
    Ooh they've got pyjama kit mugs!
  • Options
    Anyone know what this shirt is? Looks like the centenary, so presumably keeper one? 

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Talal said:
    Anyone know what this shirt is? Looks like the centenary, so presumably keeper one? 

Missing a few bits.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Thanks. Why would it be missing those, was it available to buy like this?
    Reason I ask is because it popped up on ebay last night so I bought it, but it was described as a 3rd kit from 2005 so I could get my money back if it's not worth it. 
  • Options
    Looks fake

@cafc999
  • Options
    The numbers down the front of the centenary shirt fell off really easily (on the outfield players shirt anyway) so might be that. 
  • Options

The white centred badge is from ‘81, this is the FA cup game away to Ipswich.
    Changing the badge to white & blue is unforgivable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tried to make the point at the shirt design meetings last October that the badge should remain the same regardless for brand reasons but I was a lone voice.
  • Options
    Tried to make the point at the shirt design meetings last October that the badge should remain the same regardless for brand reasons but I was a lone voice.
    It was also pointed out that we have had several incarnations of the badge over the years ;) 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    It was also pointed out that we have had several incarnations of the badge over the years ;) 
    Unfortunately ☹️
  • Options
    I can forgive intermittent use of the red on (slightly darker) red badge as that’s what it was on my first admiral shirt but tend to agree it should remain red on black moving forward (if there is a forward to move into)
  • Options
    Any idea on the keeper shirt? @cafc999
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Without actually physically seeing it I cannot give a straight answer. Saying that from the photo it looks ok as the numbers did have a tendency to fall off after a few washes. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    Without actually physically seeing it I cannot give a straight answer. Saying that from the photo it looks ok as the numbers did have a tendency to fall off after a few washes. 
    Cheers. It's BNWT apparently so wouldn't have been washed if they're to be believed. I've asked to see photos of the tags. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Talal said:
    I have the home Red top signed by all the players that day, plus a few from the past who turned up.

I remember Luke Young saying to me that the players hated signing them due to the poor quality.
  • Options
    Material and design was poor IMHO
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Material and design was poor IMHO
    Record sales? so produce a cheaply produced one and charge a bit more.  I undertood why but did not agree with it.