Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm a celebrity.... Get Me Out Of Here

Comments

• Options

Uboat said:

I reckon there was an element of 'changing room culture' there. The old dog was putting the young pup in his place. I actually think Jake took it quite well.

Massively on the culture side of it. I've played with loads of players with the verbals of Bullard, in fact most of mates are like that. We talk to each other like shit quite a lot and taking the piss is the main topic of conversation!! I don't get the impression Jake is like that at all and fancies himself as more of a ladies man than a joker. Bullard probably should have known that and took the opportunity to rip him after he took the piss out of his body. I hate this new labelled 'banter' culture but it has always been about, especially at lower league level.
    Yes but you have known your mates a lot longer than a week. Different scenario. Jake and Jimmy are not mates.
  • Options

Uboat said:

I reckon there was an element of 'changing room culture' there. The old dog was putting the young pup in his place. I actually think Jake took it quite well.

Massively on the culture side of it. I've played with loads of players with the verbals of Bullard, in fact most of mates are like that. We talk to each other like shit quite a lot and taking the piss is the main topic of conversation!! I don't get the impression Jake is like that at all and fancies himself as more of a ladies man than a joker. Bullard probably should have known that and took the opportunity to rip him after he took the piss out of his body. I hate this new labelled 'banter' culture but it has always been about, especially at lower league level.
    Yes but you have known your mates a lot longer than a week. Different scenario. Jake and Jimmy are not mates.
    Nah, you have to get stuck in to people, even if they've just joined your side.

Its the law.

You either have it or you aint, Jake has, but not very good, if hed just melted and not said anything Im sure Jimmy would have laid of, Jake retaliated, your first mistake if your not good at banter.

My son played for VGs side, he got ripped a new one in the changing rooms, but it happens, his best comeback was 'shuut upp' Need to have a word with him on the banter side

• Options

Uboat said:

Nah, you have to get stuck in to people, even if they've just joined your side.

Its the law.

You either have it or you aint, Jake has, but not very good, if hed just melted and not said anything Im sure Jimmy would have laid of, Jake retaliated, your first mistake if your not good at banter.

My son played for VGs side, he got ripped a new one in the changing rooms, but it happens, his best comeback was 'shuut upp' Need to have a word with him on the banter side

Haha I've seen him give it to Smithy a few times before which was funny. He will be the one ripping into people in 5 years time mate, he's only a youngster. Haven't seen him in a while, hope he's doing well. You need to come down and see us soon, we are flying.
  • Options
    Yeah all good bud, hes playing with mates at 7Acre Sidcup, scored a couple last week, one direct from corner he said.

Will come down soon bud, Ive been looking out for the results and going great guns mate. Still playing (or trying) myself, we haven't had a week off yet, Im prob due an injury soon anyway :)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Talal said:

Bullard is starting to come across a bit less funny man and a bit more knob head though. At least to me anyway.

Is he in the closet? I mean, the amount of male 'cuddles' he needs is worrying.

We're discussing this too. Curious.
  • Options
    Notice it's a vote to save, not sure if it's always like this but it gives the more "entertaining" ones like Bullard a greater chance of staying.
  • Options
    That irritating American bint Kendra showed more bottle than Bullard.

All gob that bloke.
  • Options
    Haha he did shit himself but least he admits it. I can't believe some people actually think he's being serious.
  • Options
    They ALL showed more bottle than Bullard and he faced the easiest one with the rats, which are tame anyway!
  • Options

Haha he did shit himself but least he admits it. I can't believe some people actually think he's being serious.

What's the benefit of him doing that then? He just gives up as part of a master plan to be on the losing team that could be voted off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd enjoyed his banter up to last night but I thought he crossed a line picking on the bloke who has come from nowhere and is taking a golden opportunity just as he did but is obviously aware of his lack of 'achievement' compared to the rest of them.

Just my opinion and seeing him carry on like Kendra made me think he is the one who is a bit of a tosser.
  • Options
    Bullard's quality! Funny bloke I like him I think all groups of mates have got one bloke like him, bit hyper bit of a clown. I doubt that Jake has many bloke mates.
  • Options
    Talal said:

What's the benefit of him doing that then? He just gives up as part of a master plan to be on the losing team that could be voted off?
    Eh?

No, Len made a comment that he is all mouth, when really all he is doing is having a laugh. I don't think he's ever claimed to be Tarzan. He admitted he shit himself which he clearly did.
  • Options

I don't think he's ever claimed to be Tarzan.

He's more of a Jane in reality....

• Options

Talal said:

Eh?

No, Len made a comment that he is all mouth, when really all he is doing is having a laugh. I don't think he's ever claimed to be Tarzan. He admitted he shit himself which he clearly did.
    Thought you meant he was putting it on in the trial.
  • Options
    The vote to save means that none of the 'controversial' contestants in a reality show will ever go first which is what the producers want. If it was vote to evict then Jimmy would be a goner followed by Kendra or Edwina next. They will all be around a while and Tinchy is off tomorrow.

The kind of people who actually vote on these shows tend to be quite young and downmarket (ie chavs).

That will carry Jimmy a long way IMO.
  • Options

The vote to save means that none of the 'controversial' contestants in a reality show will ever go first which is what the producers want. If it was vote to evict then Jimmy would be a goner followed by Kendra or Edwina next. They will all be around a while and Tinchy is off tomorrow.

The kind of people who actually vote on these shows tend to be quite young and downmarket (ie chavs).

Yeah we can't all hang about with American Z-listers ay Damo!!!
  • Options

Yeah we can't all hang about with American Z-listers ay Damo!!!
    I don't get it?

Is that a whoosh from me?!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    Rise above it Damo. If you're getting stick for your day out at the fair with Kendra, I'm just glad you're keeping back in your locker the time you took Maria Carey around Matalan in Dartford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014

Rise above it Damo. If you're getting stick for your day out at the fair with Kendra, I'm just glad you're keeping back in your locker the time you took Maria Carey around Matalan in Dartford.

Don't google that one. There was a very dodgy scene out by the packing crates in the stockroom.
  • Options
    You could see he lost it for a bit. Wasn't joking, was nasty.
  • Options
    I watched a clip of it from last night, I didn't think he done anything over board. Me and my pals have banter like that and it gets personal but it's funny. If jimmy and jake see each other as good enough mates to rip into each other then it's all fine in my book.

Jimmy reminded him who was boss.
  • Options

Correct analysis IMO.
  • Options
    "Young and downmarket" yet a lot of us are watching.

Has anyone on here voted? Brave enough to admit after the above killer statement?
  • Options
    The last time i ever voted on a show like this was for Will Young back in the day on pop idol. I only did that because my little sister voted for Gareth and i wanted to even it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I bet none of the people on this thread would actually vote. We have researched voting demographics for reality shows for potential sponsors etc and it really is the height of Chavdom. Nothing like the overall viewing (and let's be honest I'm a celebrity isn't exactly a high brow documentary anyway).

It won't be everyone but if the majority of a voting public are of a certain type then it will naturally have an effect on the results.
  • Options
    Having not watched but been pulled in by the volume of posts on this thread (and my missus saying she thought Jimmy Bullard was a nasty little shit last night) my own take is if you give out heaps you have to thoroughly expect it all back and then some. That's what makes that sort of camaraderie so much fun. I only do that sort of thing to people I like and the absolute golden rule is never, ever bite.

I know a couple of blokes who hive out tons but struggle to take it back and if that is what has happened (bare in mind I haven't seen the skirmish being spoken about here) then he is being a bit of a tit. I've always thought Jimmy Bullard comes across really well and that's probably because I don't know him personally. Programmes like this tend to show people's true colours in the end though and that's why so many people watch