Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton 2014/15 post match views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear your news Fanny
  • Options
    I notice that Michael Smith scored two for Swindon on Saturday. If we had held on to him, would he have been the extra striker that we need ?
  • Options
    Is it me or do we keep conceding headed goals from crosses/corners. Should we be finding a place for Morrison ?
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Is it me or do we keep conceding headed goals from crosses/corners. Should we be finding a place for Morrison ?

Only if you wish to abandon the 'tiki taka' and playing it out from the back.
  • Options
    Thanks, Guys.
  • Options
    One thing to say is that Henderson is looking like a good keeper at this level, dont feel like we're missing Hamer at all

Gutted we cant hold on to a lead but it just seems everyone is shattered, we dont have the depth of squad to have a "Plan B" and BB is reluctant to use a few of the fringe players and insists on Cousins on the left.

I love the fact we're 7th, but we've used all of our luck up in the first 8 games and sooner or later these sneaky wins and draws will be losses and it'll look a lot less rosy.
  • Options
    i thought Henderson made a mistake for rotherhams goal
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Started really poorly. Grew into the first half and dominated after the goal.

Less said about the 2nd half the better. Barely strung 2 passes together it was horrible to watch.

Stupid thing is, but for a moment of madness from TBH we would have won.

Igor needs some support. Desperately need to get a number 9 in. Ball doesn't stick and we end up under so much pressure.

Decent cameo from Bulot. Wiggins very shaky again. Midfield constantly gave the ball away second half. First time Bikey has looked ruffled.

Fair result in the end, but if we are going to push on we really need a big man up top.

This is what I saw as well, although Wiggins had a good 2nd half.

We looked very lethargic from the off. I presume it was because we were playing a "small" team. I'd be surprised if we started so slowly against a "big" team. We were just strolling around.

Gudmondsen looked our best player and when he scored, it was a well deserved goal for our best player.

Henderson was fine. Solly was decent. Wiggins looked very shaky 1st half and struggled to make simple passes, without giving the ball away. But tbf he played much better 2nd half.

The centre halves seemed to be taking it too casual & so it proved 2nd half when TBH, gifted them their 2nd goal, through faffing around.

Jacko and Cousins put in good shifts & Buyens was ok, but not at his best.

Vetokele was good but closely marked & Moussa played worse than Tucudean had previously. He lost the ball the majority of the time.

It was a similar game to all the others, except Rotherham, although decent, were probably the weakest team that we've played & we looked either tired/complacent or probably a bit of both.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Don't think we were negative you won't see many away teams attack like we did on the first half .. We were so on top and it was only a matter of time before we got a 2 or even a 3rd

???? I must have missed our other goals :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Covered End you mentioned Buyens groin injury, I didn't realise he had one, I know Gudmundsson did, have I missed something, or have you mixed them up
  • Options
    One of the highlights of the season has been seeing two central defenders who have the ability to bring out the ball from the back - of course its going to go wrong occasionally but shows a positive intention from management to play football and make best use of the new pitch - I certainly wouldn't want to go back to seeing Big Mig et al lumping it aimlessly up front
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ross1 said:

Covered End you mentioned Buyens groin injury, I didn't realise he had one, I know Gudmundsson did, have I missed something, or have you mixed them up

I think I mixed them up :-)

PS A pint of bitter in Weatherspoons was £1.95 & a round of 5 Guinness & a Fosters was £17.
    PPS A pity my round in The Bridge Inn was £22 :-(
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    There is a lack of quickness. The whole East Stand was in uproar when our man had a throw-in at home to Wolves, ball over head, poised...

Get on with it, for heaven's sake. We take eons over the simple things like a goal-kick: Our keeper breathes in, taps his heels, waves all 21 players from left-to-right, breathes out - then shanks it in to Row Z. We are 1-0 up, with 70 minutes to go.

Where has the momentum gone? Precisely. We lack toughness in midfield - This has failed us, the fans, for two years at least. And look again at what our strikers are doing. Good strikers run back to midfield, seize possession and advance. One of Simon Church's many qualities is that he disturbs defenders, chases them down - he makes THEM shank it in to Row Z.

We started brilliantly this season: We beat Wigan and Derby with fluency, method, instinct and aggression. Yet, a month later, we have an attacking throw-in at The Valley, and the players are frozen again...

• Options
    Never underestimate the power of the phenomena most of us older fans have called "Charltonisation" for many years...
  • Options

There is a lack of quickness. The whole East Stand was in uproar when our man had a throw-in at home to Wolves, ball over head, poised...

Get on with it, for heaven's sake. We take eons over the simple things like a goal-kick: Our keeper breathes in, taps his heels, waves all 21 players from left-to-right, breathes out - then shanks it in to Row Z. We are 1-0 up, with 70 minutes to go.

Where has the momentum gone? Precisely. We lack toughness in midfield - This has failed us, the fans, for two years at least. And look again at what our strikers are doing. Good strikers run back to midfield, seize possession and advance. One of Simon Church's many qualities is that he disturbs defenders, chases them down - he makes THEM shank it in to Row Z.

We started brilliantly this season: We beat Wigan and Derby with fluency, method, instinct and aggression. Yet, a month later, we have an attacking throw-in at The Valley, and the players are frozen again...

Eh? What's this got to do with the Rotherham match.............Oh hang on a minute, I've just sussed it. :-0
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    RedChaser said:

Eh? What's this got to do with the Rotherham match.............Oh hang on a minute, I've just sussed it. :-0</blockquote

One of your problems, 'RedChaser', is that you are simply unable to write a sentence without your daft, snide, deferential emoticon thing at the end. I have watched Charlton for 50 years. When you can be bothered, go back to Page One of Charlton Life - and read how there was a courteous, humorous and intelligent exchange of opinion and information. Learn something.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

RedChaser said:

Eh? What's this got to do with the Rotherham match.............Oh hang on a minute, I've just sussed it. :-0
    Oh dear, daft, now that's a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. What the hell are you prattling on about the Wolves game for in the Rotherham post match views thread. And what has watching Charlton for a shorter period than I have, got to do with the price of eggs? If anyone needs to learn something old fruit it's yourself and how to post something relevant without being an attention seeker for a change. If you haven't been down to the training ground yet I suggest you pay a visit fairly soon so that Big Bob can take on board all your pearls of wisdom on throw ins, closing down, speed of thought and play. It's my own fault, I should have ignored your post, I won't make the same mistake twice though. Night night and just for you here's a gob smacked emoticon thing.:-0