Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham v Charlton 2014/15 post match views

Comments

• Options
    A cog or two missing in the team still but you can't grumble now back to m6 from jockland great
  • Options
    We're not going to dominate too many away games....we haven't got the players. So the hope is to score...and maybe nick a second goal to really open it up. This is a really tough league and we look like a team that might finish about halfway up. That said, it's still very early and anything is possible...upwards or downwards.
  • Options
    Tippy tappy football at the back cost us today. Sadly we were warned a couple of times before this. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Only got going when we scored and we're the better side for the rest of the half.

Would have taken a point before hand but frustrating to give it away like that
  • Options
    As has been said before, not expecting any loans before 30th, which is the Tuesday we play Norwich, so we may only play against Boro, before we bring in at least one loan, hopefully
  • Options
    V

Still unbeaten, still picking up points, still drawing from winning positions, still a work in progress.

Very much work in progress. Gave the ball away far too much. Too casual, almost looked like they believed tgry were too good for Rotherham. Wiggins is a disadter waiting ti happen. Thought Jacko had his best game for a long time, especially 1st half, Cousins put in a good shift
  • Options
    Poor result today however you look at it.
  • Options
    If we finish the season half way up the league, I will not be too sad, but always hopeful to do better
  • Options
    I would still be really happy with a top half finish but as football fans it is hard not to get carried away/excited when your in the top 6 for a few weeks, so days like this are just so frustrating.
  • Options
    Bossed the first half, got hammered the 2nd. Overall, deserved a point, and would have taken that before the start tbh. I don't buy this "Rotherham were fitter" line - they had their tails up and were running on adrenalin. Very pleased that JBG opened his goals account - will be a top player for us. Doesn't get any easier - Middlesbrough at home next week, and they just beat Brentford 4-0. I hope Big Bob is bullshitting when he hints that no loanees are coming in this month. Church didn't even make the bench today, George isn't up to scratch (yet) and we need to take some of the pressure off Igor. Moussa seemed to lose the ball a lot today, and maybe Bulot or JBG might be a better option to play behind Igor in a 4-4-1-1 formation.
  • Options
    Didn't listen to the game but followed the match thread. Seemed like the past 5 games where we have struggled to get possession in the 2nd half. It is a worry, need a target man to help hold the ball up, think someone like Poyet would also help in midfield.

But not too disappointed we keep picking up points rather than losing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No loans before 30th, Norwich game, so may have someone in for that
  • Options
    I don't know how Redmidland and Seth keep up so well with the game, earlier news than CAFC twitter
  • Options
    may be you should be the manager
  • Options
    Thank you Blucher, good report
  • Options

Started really poorly. Grew into the first half and dominated after the goal.

Less said about the 2nd half the better. Barely strung 2 passes together it was horrible to watch.

Stupid thing is, but for a moment of madness from TBH we would have won.

Igor needs some support. Desperately need to get a number 9 in. Ball doesn't stick and we end up under so much pressure.

Decent cameo from Bulot. Wiggins very shaky again. Midfield constantly gave the ball away second half. First time Bikey has looked ruffled.

Fair result in the end, but if we are going to push on we really need a big man up top.

Exactly how I saw it Clem. Even though we weren't playing well (or at all) i didn't fancy them to score unless it was a cock-up. I'll take the point.
  • Options
    Heard that we'd taken the lead then went for a walk until 4.45, so disappointed to hear it was a draw, but it sounds fair enough. I don't think we're as good as people thought a few weeks ago, but we're a lot better than I thought we were going to be back in June. Unbeaten at this stage is good and we are on course for mid-table.
  • Options
    Didn't watch, was frustrating to read the commentary though. Moussa sounded very wasteful.

Had a feeling we would struggle second half when I read how well we did the first, sums up a few of our games.

Good news is most of the teams around us drew today as well so we're not exactly out of the mix. Can't see us getting good results against Boro and Norwich though.
  • Options
    Played well-ish in the first half. Second half was utterly horrific. Rotherham were average at best and gave us a footballing lesson in the second half. Why we changed the approach is beyond me. We are the luckiest team in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That 2nd half was a shambles. We are riding our luck
  • Options
    Can't believe so many negative comments and sudden possible acceptance we may be punching above our weight at the moment.

Tough game away to a team who are on a role after promotion and Evans must be a managerial genius, so a point is a good result. We are still deservedly undefeated and can only get better. We are never negative or defensive, we are just a counter attacking side who prefer to concede possession and not because we keep giving it away easily. We played last Tuesday so must be tired. Our pitch has had lots of money spent and is lovely. The catering and service is first class and the packages are high quality and good value for money. The leaders know what us fans want and need............... Does that fit in ok with the acceptable unquestioning regime rhetoric some desire? ;-)
  • Options
    I know it is not only our club, but with the international weeks and a midweek game, I imagine BP has not had the whole squad available to try new things, Bulot has probably only had a couple of training sessions with the team. It is alright, I am grasping at any little reasons I can think of, and presume it will get better.
  • Options
    It has all been said on here. Listening to the match was very frustrating although listening is a lot different to actually being there. That's why it's nice to get the views of those actually there. In this case, though, it seems most of the views are backing up what it sounded like on the commentary. We seemed to be strolling it after Gud's goal and we went in at half time well on top. So, what happened at half time? Were we complacent or over confident? Was that Bob who put over those vibes? Maybe he's learning that you can't take anything for granted in the English championship. Who knows, but whatever it was we sounded atrocious in the second hall. We didn't seem able to keep possession and if you keep giving possession away time and again something will give and it did. So, although an away point is good and we're still unbeaten I just can't fathom why there was such a difference between the first half and second half. A tad worrying that.

The commentary sounded like Moussa was the MOM in the first half but hearing from those who were there which contradicts this just shows how being at the game will throw up a lot truer picture. I can understand now why he was subbed. It also sounded like Calum was rubbish when he came on.

I, also, wouldn't put too much credence on Bob saying we're not getting anyone else in. I don't believe that for one second but after what happened in the transfer window I think he's playing it very cagey and keeping things close to his chest. I would say we desperately need support for Igor up front.

I would be interested to hear from those who watch us week in week out where else they think we need strengthening?
  • Options
    Just in from the game.
    Another case of not taking the chance to go 2 or 3 up and kill off the game.
    Johann's goal pure class, but don't think he was fully fit. JC had a really good first half breaking up the play and getting into good positions. Yoni was absolute mustard, always assured on the ball and linking play well.
    A few wishes though:
    1) that Henderson learns how to kick with confidence
    2) that they stop pussyfooting in defence and playing under-hit passes that put midfield under too much pressure.
    3) that we get some quality back-up. (Thought Bulot was lightweight and Harriott really out of his depth. I reckon George should have gone on earlier to give Igor some help as he was isolated all afternoon).
    On the plus side, it's another away point gained and Rotherham were a decent side 2nd half and we managed to hold out.
  • Options
    We've had a good start to the season. i would suggest better than most of us expected.
    But the cracks are showing. We've 'got away with it' on a number of occasions. Notably last week V Wolves, possibly again today, i wasn't there.
    I'm afraid it's all about to crash down around us next week. Boro will do us at home, then Norwich will do the same on the Tuesday.
    There is a glaring omission in our team. A big front man who can hold the ball up. If Bob and more importantly Roly address that before Saturday, we may have a chance. If not i can only see defeats in the next two games.
    Nevertheless, a comfortable mid-table finish this season wouldn't be bad. Even if i had started to dream of better than that.
  • Options
    We keep saying how good we were in the first half and so poor in the second, could it be that Rotherham were poor in the first half and stepped up their game in the second, we are not world beaters YET
  • Options
    ross1 said:

We keep saying how good we were in the first half and so poor in the second, could it be that Rotherham were poor in the first half and stepped up their game in the second, we are not world beaters YET

You couldn't be more wrong about the first half.

• Options

ross1 said:

You couldn't be more wrong about the first half.

In what respect, as I did not see the game just following texts