Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reclaim The Antigallican ?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    doronron said:
    Think Brentford have still got pubs on most corners on each road near there ground 
    Yes.....they have four pubs ‘more or less’ situated on all four corners of the ground.
  • Options
    we should all chip in and buy it like the locals did with the Volunteer in Church road Bexleyheath.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    doronron said:
    Think Brentford have still got pubs on most corners on each road near there ground 
    Yes.....they have four pubs ‘more or less’ situated on all four corners of the ground.
    Thought it was only three now?

Edit - pubs that is!
  • Options
    Not for much longer, Brentford move to their new ground in a year's time. 
  • Options
    Went past it yesterday, what’s the pub situation round the new ground? 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    se9addick said:
    doronron said:
    Thought it was only three now?

Edit - pubs that is!
    Maybe that’s the case now.
    It’s some years since I was there.....I’ve been in a couple of them and very nice they were too.....and as has just been said, Brentford are set to move out quite soon....which will be pretty sad for the area.
  • Options
    My understanding is that the New Tigers Head at Lee Green, which is a better building than the Anti but might have architectural protection, is on the market for one million.
    It has now stood empty for about 5 years with no sale.
    The Old Tigers Head opposite has had a refurb, and has been going pretty strongly forever.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    seth plum said:
    My understanding is that the New Tigers Head at Lee Green, which is a better building than the Anti but might have architectural protection, is on the market for one million.
    It has now stood empty for about 5 years with no sale.
    The Old Tigers Head opposite has had a refurb, and has been going pretty strongly forever.
    It closed down 14 years ago seth......yes I know, that doesn’t sound possible, but it is.
    It’s currently on the market for £2.5 million.
    The Victorian Society have it in their their list of 10 most endangered Victorian buildings in The UK!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Went past it yesterday, what’s the pub situation round the new ground? 
    Nothing in the immediate area
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    New plans for the Antigallican - a 49-room "co-living" place aimed at young-ish professionals. Strictly speaking an HMO, but a bit fancier (from a developer with a track record for these things, unlike the Cons club plans which seemed to come from chancers)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    The pub has planning permission - The Valley doesn’t.

ill be surprised if it sells for that price, 
    They will try to sell it, it won't sell, then they will try to change its usage for flats.This won't be approved, sometime later it will go up in flames, then it will have flats built on the ground.
    Ditto......
    The Welcome inn
    Five ways
    theres probably more too.
  • Options
    New plans for the Antigallican - a 49-room "co-living" place aimed at young-ish professionals. Strictly speaking an HMO, but a bit fancier (from a developer with a track record for these things, unlike the Cons club plans which seemed to come from chancers)

49 rooms!

Recipe for disaster. Loads of people living in a confined space in close proximity to each other and nowhere to park. Don't the Americans call this "the projects"?
  • Options
    Sounds awful. Imagine sharing your kitchen with that many people you don't know.
  • Options
    And I’d be grateful if you are going to use the communal kitchen to cook up Crystal meth that you would both clean up afterwards and also offer me some. 
  • Options
    At least trade will pick up in the local pubs.
  • Options
    Why go to the pub when you can get booze from the Sainsbury’s local up the road and drink with your housemates in the communal areas ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why go to the pub when you can get booze from the Sainsbury’s local up the road and drink with your housemates in the communal areas ? 
    To get away from your housemates and the communal areas?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

49 rooms!

Recipe for disaster. Loads of people living in a confined space in close proximity to each other and nowhere to park. Don't the Americans call this "the projects
    Surely we should ask everyone moving into these accommodations whether they would like Charlton to stay at The Valley or move elsewhere 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t what I was expecting but having read Dandi’s website and the Standard article it sounds much better than expected. 

Im sure some may consider it rather than sharing a communal house with strangers. This sounds a more preferable option to a regular bed sit. Let’s face it, renting a flat in London on your own has become virtually impossible to us regular earners so this to me sounds a good option if you want to live alone.  It’s shit it’s come to this but this is London life unfortunately.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Curb_It said:
    Wasn’t what I was expecting but having read Dandi’s website and the Standard article it sounds much better than expected. 

Im sure some may consider it rather than sharing a communal house with strangers. This sounds a more preferable option to a regular bed sit. Let’s face it, renting a flat in London on your own has become virtually impossible to us regular earners so this to me sounds a good option if you want to live alone.  It’s shit it’s come to this but this is London life unfortunately.

Yes - it's unfortunate that another website (which is now geared to making £££ off ads, but that's another story) has gone for the HMO angle, as it's a bit more complex and interesting than that.

Worth remembering that there's already planning permission in place (it slipped through without a planning hearing because almost nobody objected) to knock down the old games room and build a new extension at the back, so you could get 49 dorm-style rooms in. 

Funnily enough, they also have these places near QPR (actually on Loftus Road): https://dandi.com/home/dandi-white-city-serviced-studios/

It really is shit that grown adults are now expected to live in glorified student halls, but it does sound better than nasty bedsits run by a slumlord.
  • Options
    We will be seeing more of these places, reflecting the way in which property prices have outrun earnings. As you say, they are sort of glamourous student accommodation with concierges and really good wifi and all that. They also have fewer requirements for outdoor space, affordable housing etc and can be a good income earner for pension funds in that there is a consistent rent coming in. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes - it's unfortunate that another website (which is now geared to making £££ off ads, but that's another story) has gone for the HMO angle, as it's a bit more complex and interesting than that.

Worth remembering that there's already planning permission in place (it slipped through without a planning hearing because almost nobody objected) to knock down the old games room and build a new extension at the back, so you could get 49 dorm-style rooms in. 

Funnily enough, they also have these places near QPR (actually on Loftus Road): https://dandi.com/home/dandi-white-city-serviced-studios/

It really is shit that grown adults are now expected to live in glorified student halls, but it does sound better than nasty bedsits run by a slumlord.
    How long til this sort of compacted living becomes nasty bedsits run by a slumlord?  The young professionals target demographic reads nicely but let's face it is cloud cuckoo land bullshine isn't it?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

How long til this sort of compacted living becomes nasty bedsits run by a slumlord?  The young professionals target demographic reads nicely but let's face it is cloud cuckoo land bullshine isn't it?
    You could get conditions slapped on it  - insisting that a minimum number of staff are on site at all time, I guess. But you could ask the same question of any London development right now.
  • Options
    Some council leaders agree with you and won't support these sorts of projects. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021

*sorry wrong pub lol