Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Found this on my car windscreen today. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Fact is by and large people are not trying to take the piss 99 times out of 100 but you always get a busy dickhead who think they have rights to the public highway and also get arseholes who dump company vans outside houses but laws is laws I guess
  • Options
    Carter said:

Fact is by and large people are not trying to take the piss 99 times out of 100 but you always get a busy dickhead who think they have rights to the public highway and also get arseholes who dump company vans outside houses but laws is laws I guess

Carter , I have this "mate" that you may know . He got upset with a neighbours car and painted something lovely on the road !!!
  • Options
    What I cant stand is people who put bins/wood/cones etc outside their homes to stop anyone parking.............especially around the Valley !!

trying to park on matchdays now is getting beyond a joke. I'd love to be able to move their "barricades" and leave my car there, but don't want to come back to the car up on bricks or the windscreen staved in. What really gets me is that the council have marked out bays where you can park, and then the householder has had a drop kerb put in or the front garden paved over so making the bay redundant.
  • Options

Live by the Blackbirds in Blendon. Which has made there car park pay and display. So a bloke who normally dumps his car low loader in the pub is now parking outside my house. First time stayed 4weeks and did not move, then went for a day or two then back for 3 weeks did not move, then went for a day now been back two weeks with a motor loaded on it. So in 7 weeks it's spent 46 days outside mine, whilst he lives two streets away ! Am I pissed off yes ! Can I do anything no ! But does not make it acceptable. I expect his neighbours have fucking moaned !

I do make an exception to my previous comments where commercial vehicles are concerned. If you are running a business, pay for a chuffing yard or jack it in!
  • Options
    Morning people, guess where I parked this morning! Don't worry the device is on board ;)
  • Options
    this is my favourite thread for a very long time! have i been supporting charlton too long???????
  • Options

What I cant stand is people who put bins/wood/cones etc outside their homes to stop anyone parking.............especially around the Valley !!
    t.

Bloody Boswell's
  • Options

trying to park on matchdays now is getting beyond a joke.

This also bugs me.
    Can we hire goonerhater and his box of matches.
    I'd love to see the reaction of the occupants opening their door to a couple of wheelie bin flaming beacons.
  • Options
    confused.com/car-insurance/blogs/bad-inconsiderate-parking-shaming-online-is-it-right?MediaCode=806&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter20140818&utm_source=NewsletterMR

Though when I saw the headline "Is it right to shame bad parkers" all I could think about was our erstwhile midfielder Scott.
  • Options
    On the comment made by golfaddick, I wonder why someone, employed by the club, can't do some negotiation with the retail park owners in Woolwich Road, opposite the ground, to free off a lot of the parking spaces. Although this is a bit off of the original topic, it is similar, because it is space not being used by one person, but who are make it difficult for anyone else to use. There is loads of spaces available there on most matchdays and evenings. "Dog in a manger" comes to mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014

this is my favourite thread for a very long time! have i been supporting charlton too long???????

@kitchenchef‌ Do you work at the Marriott in Bexleyheath if so any news on Delort? :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@kitchenchef‌ Do you work at the Marriott in Bexleyheath if so any news on Delort? :-)
    Yes I do. He's a strange man.....he orders kecthup with his sunday roast! He also orders Bien Bien biscuits & a strawberry milkshake for breakfast every morning. I think we should stay well clear!!
  • Options
    Have a local builder finish there wall for them , right across the drive!
  • Options

trying to park on matchdays now is getting beyond a joke. I'd love to be able to move their "barricades" and leave my car there, but don't want to come back to the car up on bricks or the windscreen staved in. What really gets me is that the council have marked out bays where you can park, and then the householder has had a drop kerb put in or the front garden paved over so making the bay redundant.

I have been known to move these even when just walking down the road.

In my first job, I had a Mini to drive on behalf of the company. Apparently my future wifes next door neighbor had a big wife because the husband wanted to tell me to not park it out side his house .. I think it could have been due to the fact it was covered with stickers for the companies high profile brand ..... Durex .. The Small family car.
  • Options

On the comment made by golfaddick, I wonder why someone, employed by the club, can't do some negotiation with the retail park owners in Woolwich Road, opposite the ground, to free off a lot of the parking spaces. Although this is a bit off of the original topic, it is similar, because it is space not being used by one person, but who are make it difficult for anyone else to use. There is loads of spaces available there on most matchdays and evenings. "Dog in a manger" comes to mind.

I just came back from Boston and we stayed near the Fenway area, where the Red Sox play. One evening when walking past Fenway Park during a home game, we noticed a petrol station (an Esso, not some small company) round the corner completely close shop in order to park cars on the forecourt. $40-60 a pop with the promise of not being blocked in (though they were packed like sardines, I guess you leave the keys with a valet).

Apparently there's more money in event parking than petrol!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

I just came back from Boston and we stayed near the Fenway area, where the Red Sox play. One evening when walking past Fenway Park during a home game, we noticed a petrol station (an Esso, not some small company) round the corner completely close shop in order to park cars on the forecourt. $40-60 a pop with the promise of not being blocked in (though they were packed like sardines, I guess you leave the keys with a valet).

Apparently there's more money in event parking than petrol!
    There is in the USA, sadly between the government tax and the petrol company profit margin not so in Europe I fear...
  • Options
    mickc said:

seth plum said:

People who get their dogs to poo outside my front gate are worse than the parkers, much worse.

Who said it was a dog?

Was it a meat eater?
  • Options
    I used to run a sports ground. Five football pitches with space for around 15 cars was a problem and the problem was always caused by late comers who parked wherever they could (often blocking others) and rush to change. Their match often finished way after the early arrivers.
    On one occasion, a car was parked directing in front of the 'do not park, emergency access sign' yet again. This not only stops ambulances getting to players but also blocked 4 other cars.
    The car wasn't locked, so I pushed it into my garage and locked it. With everything else I had to do I forgot about the car until I saw a huddle of players on the pavement after everybody else had left. One bloke saw me and walked down asking if I had seen his car, I lift the garage door to the huge amusement of his team mates. Luckily I didn't get a slap. Made the point well though.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Morning people, guess where I parked this morning! Don't worry the device is on board ;)

@robroy Is there any update?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

robroy said:

@robroy Is there any update?
    I think he's being held hostage by the busybodies, hasn't posted since!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'd be better off petitioning the council for double yellows / red lines. The roads around Barnehurst station have a restriction between 9am-1pm or something like that. It stops commuters parking there. Job done. Typing a note and leaving it on someone's windscreen is passive aggressive / mental.
  • Options
    Only just seen this. I'd be pretty annoyed to be honest - it's entirely legal to park there and they have potentially wasted police time.

• Options

They'd be better off petitioning the council for double yellows / red lines. The roads around Barnehurst station have a restriction between 9am-1pm or something like that. It stops commuters parking there. Job done. Typing a note and leaving it on someone's windscreen is passive aggressive / mental.

Yes let's make it even harder for people to go to work!

Not getting at you RRR but why are motorists regarded as pariahs?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Yes let's make it even harder for people to go to work!

Not getting at you RRR but why are motorists regarded as pariahs?
    If I were cynical I'd say it's so that motorists are forced into car parks where they have to pay. Any excuse to make a fast buck!

• Options
    robroy said:

Afternoon people, Sadly the road is being resurfaced so I'm unable to park outside his house for now. I will however be back outside when the work is complete.

It would be wrong to not annoy them on freshly resurfaced road.

Good meeting you yesterday mate @robroy‌ keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

robroy said:

Afternoon people, Sadly the road is being resurfaced so I'm unable to park outside his house for now. I will however be back outside when the work is complete.

It would be wrong to not annoy them on freshly resurfaced road.

Good meeting you yesterday mate @robroy‌ keep up the good work.
    You too fella. Hope your work mate enjoyed his first taste of The Valley.
  • Options
    I can't read the wording on the sign. It's too small on my computer screen. I'm missing out!
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

I can't read the wording on the sign. It's too small on my computer screen. I'm missing out!

Double click on the image mate