Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Found this on my car windscreen today. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    To be honest, I hate it when people that don't live on this road park outside my house, especially when it prevents us doing so. 95% of the road have very large driveways too and can generally cator for their guests. There has been times when myself and my husband have been at the window watching to see if we could catch owners of cars and tell them if they must park outside park further back or forward so we can at least park outside our own house!
  • Options
    But you don't own the road?
  • Options

No but why shouldn't we be allowed to park outside our own house?
    Sadie Nobody's saying you can't BUT you don't own that space. It's there for ALL road users. One solution (if you have a front garden) is to concrete it over and pay to have the pavement dropped.
  • Options

Sadie Nobody's saying you can't BUT you don't own that space. It's there for ALL road users. One solution (if you have a front garden) is to concrete it over and pay to have the pavement dropped.
    This
  • Options
    I would have been explosive if that had happened to me. Effing cheek.
  • Options

We haven't all got 5k laying around. I just think people should be more considerate when parking outside others houses and if they must do so leave room so others can park not just plonk their car right in the middle and leave it for hours or days even .
  • Options
    seth plum said:

People who get their dogs to poo outside my front gate are worse than the parkers, much worse.

Sorry about that. Keep forgetting to bring out the Pooper Scooper with me.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Back story. I park my car half way to the station some days in the week when I cant be bothered to walk it. Left it there for a few days and I get this.

It is legally parked, not blocking anyone in, is taxed.

Found it quite amusing and love the last line.

It's a good job they have not watched the Carla Lane 80's sitcom Bread.
  • Options
    We live on a road that has real bad issues with parking, I'd love to be able to park outside my house everytime but I'd have to be home at 3 pm everyday to ensure that

Its just one of those things
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We haven't all got 5k laying around. I just think people should be more considerate when parking outside others houses and if they must do so leave room so others can park not just plonk their car right in the middle and leave it for hours or days even .
    Ring the local council and ask them to put a permit system in place if you feel that strongly about it.
  • Options
    As someone who lives close to Albany Park station on a road without parking restrictions, I can sympathise. Most days when I get home from work, I find someone has stuck their car marginally across our drive. When confronted they say sorry and generally don't park there again but there's always someone else to take their place.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

As someone who lives close to Albany Park station on a road without parking restrictions, I can sympathise. Most days when I get home from work, I find someone has stuck their car marginally across our drive. When confronted they say sorry and generally don't park there again but there's always someone else to take their place.

Some of our neighbours have the same problem with cars parked partially across drives. A few of them have registered with the council and whenever someone parks across their drive, they cal a number and a warden is there pretty quickly to issue a ticket. Doesn't really affect us as there's a big enough gap between ours and next doors drives.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I live near a station and parking spots are always at a premier but I accept that people are entitled to park their cars down my road / outside my house if they wish because they play their road tax. The same way that I park down people streets when I have ever driven to away games etc. The only time I get angry is when someone parks in the middle of a two car bay (generally through being ignorant)
  • Options
    You can park across a drive as long as there isnt a car in it...
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Correct, that is if you want to be a complete Ars*hole but when I back my car out of the garage, I then have a problem and am entitled to have it moved by law I believe :-0
  • Options
    seth plum said:

People who get their dogs to poo outside my front gate are worse than the parkers, much worse.

Who said it was a dog?

• Options

If there is no drop down kerb then that's fine.
  • Options

Where should you park if the road is full of houses?
  • Options
    I have used google street to give you guys an idea where I parked the car and got said not. I was in the place of the blue can just back before their drop run way.

Look at the size of the drive!

May I also add its a new build house and I used to park here before it was even built.

Sadly this spot was taken this morning, but I will be trying to get it for the rest of the week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    shirty5 said:

I reckon you're either a CSO, Traffic Warden or Wheel Clamper @shirty5‌ and I claim my prize :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

I reckon you're either a Traffic Warden or Wheel Clamper @shirty5‌ and I claim my prize :-)
    Neither but have a goldfish as a consolation prize anyway
  • Options

As others have said S-J, you do not own the road. I suggested three solutions, one of which Greenie Jr has repeated. All of them cost money. Because you want something extra from your dwelling that you have not paid for in the past, you have to pay it now if you wish to reserve the portion of the public highway outside your house for your exclusive use.
  • Options
    It's mostly bored people with not enough to do/ not enough fun in their lives. I've never been able to bear people whos lives are that dull that they get preoccupied with 'their' space in front of their house in a public road.

There are less and less places without CPZ now, if you live in one, just be happy that you don't have to pay.

As NLA says, it's just one of those things.
  • Options
    Btw, that letter is so belligerent, with no sense of self-awareness. Gutless too, as no address - I'd be incensed!
  • Options
    I see where people are coming from, it's just annoying!