Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Found this on my car windscreen today. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I hate it when people assume that the public road outside of their house is theirs to determine who can and can't park there. I hope you park there again.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    One of my pet hates this. They can petition the council to make it a permit only area, and pay the price for that, they can ask the council to drop the curb and put in a driveway and pay for that, or they can move to a house with a drive and garage and pay the extra 10 or 15k for their house. I have lived in areas where commuters park, and accepted that my lower rent reflected that disturbance. Like living opposite a pub or close to a sports ground. Keep the note and a record of exactly where you were parked in case of future damage.

I once had a hand written note left on my windscreen after spending one night visiting friends and parking outside their neighbours.
  • Options
    My GF is capable of writing a note like that but tbf thats towards cars that are parked illegally , i live in the center of a city and parking is scarce + all the parking surrounding our streets are reserved for inhabitants with parking passes (that cost up to 250 a year). Now we have a lot of people coming there and parking, knowing that they only hand out fines every three days or so - its worth the risk.

For us that means that at times we have to drive around for 30 + minutes to find a parking space within walking distance of our house and we paid 500 quid for two cars (i know, having two cars is a bit OTT).

I always mock her because she knows exactly which cars have licences to be there and the other way around, but after driving 30 mins in a circle looking for a cemented patch that costs you 250 - the joke's on me
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options

My GF is capable of writing a note like that but tbf thats towards cars that are parked illegally , i live in the center of a city and parking is scarce + all the parking surrounding our streets are reserved for inhabitants with parking passes (that cost up to 250 a year). Now we have a lot of people coming there and parking, knowing that they only hand out fines every three days or so - its worth the risk.

For us that means that at times we have to drive around for 30 + minutes to find a parking space within walking distance of our house and we paid 500 quid for two cars (i know, having two cars is a bit OTT).

I always mock her because she knows exactly which cars have licences to be there and the other way around, but after driving 30 mins in a circle looking for a cemented patch that costs you 250 - the joke's on me

No problem when they are parked illegally BS, it's just these cockwombles who think buying/renting their house entitles them to a parking space.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Surely if you live near a station you should expect it, it's not like the station suddenly sprung up overnight, just like if you lived near a school you can expect chaos between 8-9 and 3-4.

Absolute bellends.

I agree but these roads are nowhere near the station. Imagine Charlton Station but the roads in question up by Charlton Park.

• Options
    dont park ourside my house or you will come back to a note that says---"Your car has been burnt and the cinders are in a skip--now fuck off"
  • Options
    There really are some sad bastards around. Park illegally/selfishly then fair enough, it would anger me too. No restrictions, park where you can.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

No problem when they are parked illegally BS, it's just these cockwombles who think buying/renting their house entitles them to a parking space.
    Even then , i try not to be annoyed - they get away with it or get fined , its up to them to make that call. I'm not policing my own neighborhood and am very live and let live and hell to overzealous rules and rulers kind of guy

the only thing i cant stand is people parking on disabled spots that aren't entitled to. Had some discussions/fights over it, its one of the c**tiest things to do.
  • Options
    Surely the question to be asked is why were they not parked outside their own home in the first place.
    There was obviously a space, but no, they went and obstructed the view of some poor neighbour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I live about a 7 minutes drive up the road and I cant get a spot outside my house ever. I recently had a new neighbor that has moved in with two cars and he refuses to use the garage at the back and insists on parking outside my house every day (we dont have drives).

There is more to life than getting annoyed about cars that are legally parked. I must say I left the house excited about tonight's game and then I got this as I walked past my car. I was in fits of laughter reading it, really made my morning.

Some of the replies on here have been comedy gold!
  • Options
    People who get their dogs to poo outside my front gate are worse than the parkers, much worse.
  • Options
    Fortunately for me i live on a quiet backstreet and can park any of my four cars (newest is 14 years old) out on the street (my next door neighbour has four cars and a long wheelbase van).

I also experienced the annoyance of someone parking outside my house for a period. A very long peiod....In around October 2013 a Peugeot 208 started parking outside my house. Nothing odd you might think, apart from my street only has about 10 houses and each house generally parks outside their own. Anyway said car initially would park there for around a week at a time then swap over with another car. This went on for around 2 months and the cars always changed over at night, so it flumoxed me and my neighbours with nobody knowing who it belonged to. The other odd this is after my next door neighbours house there is a stretch of around 100 metres of road with no houses and the car would never park there. After a few months of this the Peugeot finally stopped outside and there it stood from January to May. During which time the local council had put up signs saying that they were relaying the road so all vehicles would need to be moved. Finally on the night before work started the car moved......to the next street, where it has sat unmoved for another 3 months.

So here's the query. Who has a car and over a space of 8 months, never drives it anywhere? Why have an 11 plate car and let it sit there on a domestic street depreciating in value?

Rant over.
  • Options

dont park ourside my house or you will come back to a note that says---"Your car has been burnt and the cinders are in a skip--now fuck off"

So many questions.

What do you attach the note to?
    What do you use to burn vehicles to such an extent that they can fit in a skip?
    Do you hire skips for the burned cars and if so where would you park them?
    Why bother telling him his car's been burned and skipped?
    Would you wear gloves when you're writing, to prevent fingerprints on your confession?
    Would you sign it?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

People who get their dogs to poo outside my front gate are worse than the parkers, much worse.

Now this annoys me, there was a nice fresh turd at the end of our path the other day that someone had completely disregarded, and yet when I go out with my girlfriends dog...not even my own dog! I'll happily do my share of poop-a-scooping. A*seholes
  • Options
    How quaint that the guy says "this isnt a case of NIMBY" so can you please just park it somewhere NIMBY.
  • Options
    Just a pissed off busy body. Ignore it. No harm done , no crime committed.
  • Options
    must be a Charlton fan....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fortunately for me i live on a quiet backstreet and can park any of my four cars (newest is 14 years old) out on the street (my next door neighbour has four cars and a long wheelbase van).

I also experienced the annoyance of someone parking outside my house for a period. A very long peiod....In around October 2013 a Peugeot 208 started parking outside my house. Nothing odd you might think, apart from my street only has about 10 houses and each house generally parks outside their own. Anyway said car initially would park there for around a week at a time then swap over with another car. This went on for around 2 months and the cars always changed over at night, so it flumoxed me and my neighbours with nobody knowing who it belonged to. The other odd this is after my next door neighbours house there is a stretch of around 100 metres of road with no houses and the car would never park there. After a few months of this the Peugeot finally stopped outside and there it stood from January to May. During which time the local council had put up signs saying that they were relaying the road so all vehicles would need to be moved. Finally on the night before work started the car moved......to the next street, where it has sat unmoved for another 3 months.

So here's the query. Who has a car and over a space of 8 months, never drives it anywhere? Why have an 11 plate car and let it sit there on a domestic street depreciating in value?

Rant over.

leave him/her a note on the ol windscreen, should do the trick.
  • Options
    Had something similar happen at a previous address. I lived on a small street that only had enough space for parking on one side of the road and only enough space for one car in front of each house. The first time someone had parked in front of my house whilst I was at work, I thought nothing of it and parked at the next available space, a few spaces up the road. Before I had even turned off my engine the door of the house I had parked outside flew open and my neighbour (about 2 doors up) explained to me that there was a rule on the street that you parked in front of your own house, not someone else's. I pointed down the road to someone else's car parked in front of my house, so clearly there wasn't a rule, he was just being a cnut. He then tried to back out of this by saying as I was new to the neighbourhood I was allowed to park in front of his house this one time only. I didn't thank him for the privilege of parking my taxed car on a public road.

Anyway, if people want a guaranteed space they should buy a house with a drive or off-street parking, otherwise they can suck it up and get a life, I've had a few run-ins when visiting friends/family with plonkers who think they own the road outside their house. Although if I got a letter like that I'd probably avoid parking directly outside the nearby houses again just so my tyres wouldn't get slashed.
  • Options
    Buy a banger - 50 quid tops. Leave it there and never return ...

Nope scrap that. Buy 10 bangers, line then up in a row at the same spot, never return ...
  • Options

Nope scrap that. Buy 10 bangers, line then up in a row at the same spot, never return ...

Cheaper alternative - order a skipload of sand to be dumped on the road outside his house.
  • Options
    I actually had a woman ask me if I minded her parking her car outside my house all day. (I live within walking distance to 2 schools and a hospital).I told her,as long as I can get on or off my drive you can park where you want. Sometime later one of my neighbours told another neighbour not to park on the road and to use his driveway or his garage. I wondered if my neighbour likes to organise the parking in my road.
  • Options

Now that would be superb!
  • Options
    Thought it was going to be a thread about bird poo.
  • Options
    The road I live on has yellow lines which operate between 11am-midday. The rest of the time parking on them is fine. One day my mother in law was round so when I came home for lunch I parked my van on one of the bays that is 4 hour parking which can be used so as not to get a ticket between the restricted times . These bay are about 20 yards or so up from my house , when I did this one of my neighbours came out and said to me "I hope you're not thinking of leaving that there tomorrow I've got guests coming over"

You can probably guess my response.