Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Found this on my car windscreen today. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    robroy said:

I have used google street to give you guys an idea where I parked the car and got said not. I was in the place of the blue can just back before their drop run way.

Look at the size of the drive!

May I also add its a new build house and I used to park here before it was even built.

Sadly this spot was taken this morning, but I will be trying to get it for the rest of the week.

The brick work is very patchy. Put a note on the drive asking if they want their wall done again.
  • Options

You can park across a drive as long as there isnt a car in it...

Bizarrely that is true!
    I think the offence is blocking access to the public highway - it doesn't work the other way round!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Bizarrely that is true!
    I think the offence is blocking access to the public highway - it doesn't work the other way round!
    It might be legal but you'd be a brave man to do it, imagine parking across the drive of done 18 stone, skinhead nutter?

You'd come back to a car that looked like it had been shipped out of Gaza.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Bizarrely that is true!
    It might be legal but you'd be a brave man to do it, imagine parking across the drive of done 18 stone, skinhead nutter?

You'd come back to a car that looked like it had been shipped out of Gaza.
    and you'd be a knob of the highest order!!
  • Options

But you don't own the road?

No but why shouldn't we be allowed to park outside our own house?
    Sadie Nobody's saying you can't BUT you don't own that space. It's there for ALL road users. One solution (if you have a front garden) is to concrete it over and pay to have the pavement dropped.
    We haven't all got 5k laying around. I just think people should be more considerate when parking outside others houses and if they must do so leave room so others can park not just plonk their car right in the middle and leave it for hours or days even .
    Expecting people to park responsibly so best use can be made of the available space I understand but much as we might like to, we don't own the bit outside our houses, we have no more right to use it than anyone else. Tough luck if someone else parks where we might like to, if that's your biggest worry, life must be sweet indeed.

Now Ocado/Sainsbury/Tesco food delivery vans effing double parking blocking the road wherever the eff they like for 20 minutes so they don't have to walk one inch further than they absolutely have to and everyone else can just wait or turn around - they are the absolute pits of the earth for whom no punishment can be too savage

PS if the best quote you've had for dropping the kerb is £5k - I'll happily do it for £4750 but I'll have to park me granada outside your neighbour's for a coupla hours - OK?
  • Options
    Sadly in the end many people will vandalise the car if they don't want it parked there.

I've had my wing mirror knocked off and the door kicked (and dented) in the past, parking at football. In the end you learn to park somewhere else. You shouldn't have to, but that's what the Police advised me to do when I reported it.

When parking on a local road, at the rain station, my wife had a note stuck on with sticky tape that she couldn't remove. Now she just pays £5 a day to park in a car park. It's ironic that she works 50 hours a week to be able to afford a home with a parking space yet those that want to park on the road that is funded by all our taxes are home early enough to put notes on her car before she gets off the train.

If those with limited parking want somewhere to park they should move to a home with a parking space.
  • Options

Sadly in the end many people will vandalise the car if they don't want it parked there.

I've had my wing mirror knocked off and the door kicked (and dented) in the past, parking at football. In the end you learn to park somewhere else. You shouldn't have to, but that's what the Police advised me to do when I reported it.

When parking on a local road, at the rain station, my wife had a note stuck on with sticky tape that she couldn't remove. Now she just pays £5 a day to park in a car park. It's ironic that she works 50 hours a week to be able to afford a home with a parking space yet those that want to park on the road that is funded by all our taxes are home early enough to put notes on her car before she gets off the train.

If those with limited parking want somewhere to park they should move to a home with a parking space.

You won't park in Katrien's space again though will you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For the sake of argument (it is CL after all!) could the reverse not apply as well? If you need to catch a train to work don't buy a house so far from a railway station that you have to drive there and fight other commuters and residents for the available parking spaces.
  • Options

But you don't own the road?

No but why shouldn't we be allowed to park outside our own house?
    Sadie Nobody's saying you can't BUT you don't own that space. It's there for ALL road users. One solution (if you have a front garden) is to concrete it over and pay to have the pavement dropped.
    We haven't all got 5k laying around. I just think people should be more considerate when parking outside others houses and if they must do so leave room so others can park not just plonk their car right in the middle and leave it for hours or days even .
    Expecting people to park responsibly so best use can be made of the available space I understand but much as we might like to, we don't own the bit outside our houses, we have no more right to use it than anyone else. Tough luck if someone else parks where we might like to, if that's your biggest worry, life must be sweet indeed.

Now Ocado/Sainsbury/Tesco food delivery vans effing double parking blocking the road wherever the eff they like for 20 minutes so they don't have to walk one inch further than they absolutely have to and everyone else can just wait or turn around - they are the absolute pits of the earth for whom no punishment can be too savage

PS if the best quote you've had for dropping the kerb is £5k - I'll happily do it for £4750 but I'll have to park me granada outside your neighbour's for a coupla hours - OK?
    Yep no worries whatsoever, life is just dandy, I really don't have anything to do with myself all night and day except worry about parking close to the house... I wish I hadn't said anything now.
  • Options

For the sake of argument (it is CL after all!) could the reverse not apply as well? If you need to catch a train to work don't buy a house so far from a railway station that you have to drive there and fight other commuters and residents for the available parking spaces.
    And then get made redundant from that job a fortnight later... ;-)
  • Options

Yes, of course, the c. one million or so commuters that travel to London by train can all move to a house five minutes walk from a station.

Or why not go the whole hog and suggest that all those that work in the City live in a house (or flat, presumably) five minutes from their office?

Of course, this plan falls flat on it's face if people have husbands or wives that don't work in the same place or, heaven forbid, children that need to go to school.

Apart from that though, great plan!
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Parking in someone elses driveway is pretty insolent to be honest. Did he fancy popping inside, make a few calls off your landline and have a shit too?

We had a pretty good idea who it was so rather than get upset over the inconvenience I decided to show what it's like to be inconvenienced.

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Addicted said:

Parking in someone elses driveway is pretty insolent to be honest. Did he fancy popping inside, make a few calls off your landline and have a shit too?

We had a pretty good idea who it was so rather than get upset over the inconvenience I decided to show what it's like to be inconvenienced.

I had a builder block my drive and garage one Thursday afternoon and he refused to move his van when I came home from work. He told me he'd be leaving soon so I should wait. He parked in the same place the following day so I parked across the only exit from the drive and I went out. He was not a happy bunny when I got back at 7pm but he didn't block my drive off again. My neighbor said that he'd been ringing my door bell from about 3:30.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It is a free for all when it comes to parking, first come first served and all that, mind you if the people go to the trouble of doing that note, they may go further and key your car.

work colleague of mine is having exactly the same problem where he parks ...and yes his car HAS BEEN keyed

• Options
    edited August 2014
    lolwray said:

seth plum said:

It is a free for all when it comes to parking, first come first served and all that, mind you if the people go to the trouble of doing that note, they may go further and key your car.

work colleague of mine is having exactly the same problem where he parks ...and yes his car HAS BEEN keyed

If you are thinking about it make sure you use an old key, it's nearly a fiver now to get a new one cut................Oops wrong thread :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dont park ourside my house or you will come back to a note that says---"Your car has been burnt and the cinders are in a skip--now fuck off"

G/Hs father in law pays a visit.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Had something similar happen at a previous address. I lived on a small street that only had enough space for parking on one side of the road and only enough space for one car in front of each house. The first time someone had parked in front of my house whilst I was at work, I thought nothing of it and parked at the next available space, a few spaces up the road. Before I had even turned off my engine the door of the house I had parked outside flew open and my neighbour (about 2 doors up) explained to me that there was a rule on the street that you parked in front of your own house, not someone else's. I pointed down the road to someone else's car parked in front of my house, so clearly there wasn't a rule, he was just being a cnut. He then tried to back out of this by saying as I was new to the neighbourhood I was allowed to park in front of his house this one time only. I didn't thank him for the privilege of parking my taxed car on a public road.

Within 15 seconds of pulling up two doors down from your place the first time I got the same 'advice'.

Wasn't quite sure what was being said at first, but I told him he could park outside the front of my house anytime he liked if his car was taxed, tested and insured like mine.

This was in Wigan and I don't think his car would have even made the M6.

• Options
    Terrible by the pensioner:-) Hohoho!
  • Options
    iainment said:

Addickted said:

Fiiish said:

Had something similar happen at a previous address. I lived on a small street that only had enough space for parking on one side of the road and only enough space for one car in front of each house. The first time someone had parked in front of my house whilst I was at work, I thought nothing of it and parked at the next available space, a few spaces up the road. Before I had even turned off my engine the door of the house I had parked outside flew open and my neighbour (about 2 doors up) explained to me that there was a rule on the street that you parked in front of your own house, not someone else's. I pointed down the road to someone else's car parked in front of my house, so clearly there wasn't a rule, he was just being a cnut. He then tried to back out of this by saying as I was new to the neighbourhood I was allowed to park in front of his house this one time only. I didn't thank him for the privilege of parking my taxed car on a public road.

Within 15 seconds of pulling up two doors down from your place the first time I got the same 'advice'.

Wasn't quite sure what was being said at first, but I told him he could park outside the front of my house anytime he liked if his car was taxed, tested and insured like mine.

This was in Wigan and I don't think his car would have even made the M6.

The day we moved back from Kerry I was parked outside a neighbours house unloading our car when the guy living there came out and gave me a telling about parking in front of his house. I pointed out that there was a car in front of my house, that the road wasn't his and that whenever possible I'd park by my house but if the only space was in front of him then that's where I'd be. He went ballistic. I just ignored him and carried on unpacking with him standing in his gateway staring at me.

Welcome back to Plumstead.

One of my lottery fantasies is to buy a load of crappy old cars and vans get them taxed, mot'd and insured and park them outside houses like his, houses that put bollards outside them and anyone else who assumes they can 'own' the public road. I would rotate them every couple of months or so. :-)
    Surely it'd be cheaper, and more annoying, just to leave an empty skip outside someone's house for about a month. As long as it has a valid permit, nothing they can do about it.
  • Options
    Live by the Blackbirds in Blendon. Which has made there car park pay and display. So a bloke who normally dumps his car low loader in the pub is now parking outside my house. First time stayed 4weeks and did not move, then went for a day or two then back for 3 weeks did not move, then went for a day now been back two weeks with a motor loaded on it. So in 7 weeks it's spent 46 days outside mine, whilst he lives two streets away ! Am I pissed off yes ! Can I do anything no ! But does not make it acceptable. I expect his neighbours have fucking moaned !
  • Options
    Set fire to.it
  • Options
    Do the tyres of both the low loader and the car on it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    MrOneLung said:

Do the tyres of both the low loader and the car on it.

That'll make it a lower than low loader then, it'll never move! :-0