Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    R I P Lorna
  • Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    RIP Lorna
  • Options
    Frodon is my favourite horse. Fantastic.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Honeysuckle, Epatante and Goshen go at it today (30/4) in the Paddy Power Champion Hurdle at Punchestown 17.25

AND not to forget Sharjah
  • Options
    2000 Gns .. Poetic Flare .. big price, big chance
  • Options
    Some careful pronouncing around for the next race. The Thirsk Hunt Cup. 
  • Options
    2000 Gns .. Poetic Flare .. big price, big chance
    Nice one lincs.
    had a small nibble at 18/1 so many thanks.
  • Options
    Zee Man runs tomorrow Bangor 4.00,nothing from Olly yet.
    When we got the horse Olly said he has a couple hurdle wins in him off this mark before going chasing,well that all changed after Olly schooled him and he went straight chasing.After his last run Olly said he may need to go hurdling to get his confidence back.So at the moment who knows what tomorrow is all about?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be having a little nibble on Nomadic Empire in the 4:15 at York. Wasn’t far behind Winter Power (and conceding 5lbs) lately, who bolted up yesterday. Currently around 14’s.
  • Options
    Will be having a little nibble on Nomadic Empire in the 4:15 at York. Wasn’t far behind Winter Power (and conceding 5lbs) lately, who bolted up yesterday. Currently around 14’s.
    2nd 🙄
  • Options
    Olly has said Zee Man is capable of beating today's lot but it is very much all about getting his confidence back
  • Options
    Good luck KK
  • Options
    16-1 -> 7/4
    10/1 -> 6/5
    14/1 -> 6/5
    9/1 -> 5/4
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The David Evans gamble is a bit different to the ones where trainers "stop" horses by one means or another i.e. by running a horse over unsuitable trips/going or when not fit and deliberately asking the jockey to go too fast. Choux was unraced and with no form in the book punters have to make their own mind up whether they want to have a bet in the race. Equally, had his been a Gosden or Stoute 2-year-old it would never have been 40/1 in the first place.

What Evans and connections did do incredibly well is keep how well Choux was going at home. It was the classic "when I drop the hanky" we all pile in type gamble.
  • Options
    First 3 were all shit after drifting back out. This does seem to be a more regular occurrence now, where is this 'money' coming from?
  • Options
    Would hardly call Tomily shit, came third I took 12's Sunday night and got a bit of EW profit not beaten far at all.Was given via a tipster on twitter, he didn't mention any of his other runners, same tipster came up with a 14-1 winner the day before, although got hit with a 40p rule 4 due to non runners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jim Bolger gets 1 and 2 in the Irish 2,000 Gns .. also owns both (or Mrs B does)
  • Options
    Leona Mayor .. ITV's new racing pundit .. would ya ?

• Options
    Rohaan, 33/1 winner at haddock owned by Dean Kiely son.
    ITV team saying overpriced so had a nibble ew.

• Options

I’ve been in her company - lovely young lady
  • Options

Yes. But that accent does my head in ! 
  • Options
    Barney Curley passed away aged 81. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Barney

• Options
    Barney Curley passed away aged 81. RIP
    a one off R I P
  • Options
    Gambling legend. RIP Mr Curley.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    ^Prince Rock looks way too long for me in the next at Brighton -... 25s on exchange