Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    What's the deal with the poetic force calls? A connection on here? 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Fancy Double Dealing in the 11.45 at Wolverhampton 

I've backed Street Kid in the race, a former Jessica Harrington inmate. Both the trainer, Kevin Philippart De Foy (10 wins from 30 runners) and jockey, Benoit de la Sayette (9 wins from 28 rides) have had amazing starts to their respective careers. They've had 5 wins from 8 runners when the two have teamed up. The 6.6 available on Betfair seemed a fair enough price given those stats albeit the horse has to demonstrate that it has improved for the change in scenery. 

Dare I also mention that, in the 12.55, Poetic Force runs again. It's 9/1 and I will continue to back it at that sort of price 'til I fall off the cliff!!!

Been there - done that. In particular I remember back in the 80s a horse called Saratino - trained by Ian Balding who, I had been told in confidence, considered it the best 2 year old he had had since Mill Reef.

I backed it the first five times it ran - 0-0-3-0-0 - something like that. I didn't back it the sixth time it ran and his form then read 0-0-3-0-0-1 - and at 33/1 ;-(
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    No connection - just one I've been following for a good while!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    No connection - just one I've been following for a good while!
    Any reason? Might have a punt
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Fancy Double Dealing in the 11.45 at Wolverhampton 
    Well done!
  • Options
    Comfortable!
  • Options
    Not a tip but a horse I have been following and that is Poetic Force in the Wolverhampton 6.30.

The gelding is 4 from 7 at Wolverhampton and back down to a decent mark. Would be happier if this wasn't a Class 3 and if PF was stepped back up even further in trip but I am convinced that this is an accident waiting to happen! So, at 12/1 (was 16/1) happy to have an interest today. On the nose too because EW isn't really an option given that it is 7 runners so first two only.
    It's entered in the Wolverhampton 8.15 on Saturday - a Class 4 race over a slightly further trip. Just raiding the piggy bank to see what I can get together!
    Not been declared for Saturday. Not totally surprised, especially if the next run is to be a typical Tony Carroll plot, because Poetic Force's recent wins have been following an absence of three or four weeks
    Entered in Lingfield 11.45 tomorrow:

Class 4 - tick
    !m 2f - tick
    Price: 11/1 - tick
    Will to win? - hopefully a tick!!!
    This is the War And Peace story to date. Its jockey has just warmed up for this race with a 2nd!
  • Options
    Favourite wins the next
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Favourite wins the next
    It might not be the favourite now as it's drifted from 1.84 out to 3.15
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Favourite wins the next
    It might not be the favourite now as it's drifted from 1.84 out to 3.15
    I wasn't wrong! Haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starfighter in the next
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Not a tip but a horse I have been following and that is Poetic Force in the Wolverhampton 6.30.

The gelding is 4 from 7 at Wolverhampton and back down to a decent mark. Would be happier if this wasn't a Class 3 and if PF was stepped back up even further in trip but I am convinced that this is an accident waiting to happen! So, at 12/1 (was 16/1) happy to have an interest today. On the nose too because EW isn't really an option given that it is 7 runners so first two only.
    It's entered in the Wolverhampton 8.15 on Saturday - a Class 4 race over a slightly further trip. Just raiding the piggy bank to see what I can get together!
    Not been declared for Saturday. Not totally surprised, especially if the next run is to be a typical Tony Carroll plot, because Poetic Force's recent wins have been following an absence of three or four weeks
    Entered in Lingfield 11.45 tomorrow:

Class 4 - tick
    !m 2f - tick
    Price: 11/1 - tick
    Will to win? - hopefully a tick!!!
    This is the War And Peace story to date. Its jockey has just warmed up for this race with a 2nd!
    Not the greatest ride, not sure it needed pushing along that early when the two horses in front were never gonna give up a path on the bend. Ended up losing all momentum.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Starfighter in the next
    Boom! 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Starfighter in the next
    On a roll.

I promise never to mention Poetic Force again. It looks like it needs even further. Perhaps the Grand National!!! 
  • Options
    Hudson de Grugy in the next at Sandown and Elakazaam at Wolverhampton, singles and double
  • Options
    Boom! Purple patch here! On Elakazaam in the next at 12s
  • Options
    Cleaning up @CAFCsayer
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Boom! Purple patch here! On Elakazaam in the next at 12s
    If you make me a decent offer I won't back it :smile:
  • Options
    Second 😭
  • Options
    Just watched a very good ITV Player prog, a biography of Daryl Jacob .. 'Being a Jockey' .. well worth a look
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zee Man entered up for Fakenham Friday 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Olly’s message today on Zee Man is as follows....
    Step upto 3 mile will help plus the 7lb off and cheekpieces on to hopefully settle into an early rhythm and if he does he is the one to beat.Also entered up for a race next Wednesday at Market Rasen.
    Race and banker of the day   :)
    Good luck @killer kish

• Options
    Cheers Peanuts
  • Options
    That was bad luck. The one horse caused 3 to fall and only 7 in the race. 
  • Options
    Holy shit. That is diabolical luck.
    Bad luck Killer. I hope he's OK.

• Options
    No reports from track but he looked to get up and run away OK. Still can't believe what happened and have watched recording again and still no idea just more wound up by it. Oh well hopefully all ok and onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Olly reporting all ok with Zee Man
    Great news. 
  • Options
    Just watched the replay. Looked awful, try not to get wound up mate, really glad he’s okay KK.