Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    No jump racing in the UK tomorrow (12/2), very strange unless all the courses are under water, ice or snow
    Virtually every course is either water logged or Frozen.. 
  • Options
    No jump racing in the UK tomorrow (12/2), very strange unless all the courses are under water, ice or snow
    Possibly something to do with the sub zero temperatures.
  • Options
    Mishriff .. David Egan/John Gosden has just won £7.25 Million .. first in the Saudi Cup, the world's richest horse race !
  • Options
    Mishriff .. David Egan/John Gosden has just won £7.25 Million .. first in the Saudi Cup, the world's richest horse race !
    Gosden is an absolute master. To see off the big 2 American challengers on their own surface is outstanding.
    Perfect ride by David Egan. Probably earned more in that 90 seconds than he has in his entire career!

• Options
    Feel like the yank jockey style looks like they aren’t trying 
  • Options
    Feel like the yank jockey style looks like they aren’t trying 
    Perhaps they should get a few lessons from Luke Morris.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be backing Tiger for Aintree on that showing, didn't look right towards the end
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Wouldn't be backing Tiger for Aintree on that showing, didn't look right towards the end
    Horse should be retired 
  • Options
    Fancy Fifty Ball in the next at Newbury... 15.5 on the exchange
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Also backed For Pleasure at 60s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ouch!
  • Options
    Mate of mine doesn’t trust himself to have an online betting account so I’ve been putting a few on for him whilst the bookies are not open.
    he had a good day today with 5 out of his 6 picks winning.

• Options
    That's your account closed then.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    That's your account closed then.
    Yeah.
    just happened that bobs mob were best odds on oddschecker app today so look forward to my £0.65p maximum stake restriction.
  • Options
    RIP The Conditional. Added to the losses of L'Ami Serge and Severano yesterday, it's been a brutal weekend. In bits for David Bridgwater to be honest; he's lost a true star there.
  • Options
    Here Comes Johnny at Market Rasen yesterday didn't look too good, assuming it was destroyed.
  • Options
    As peanuts would put it,I’m very hopeful of more drinks today with Lily The Pink Exeter 3.45
    Also a word on Windswept Girl in the 1.00 at Exeter today as I know the connections.A lot was expected this season but just cannot jump in a race and a very disappointing season so far,everything tried at home and if jumping ok a win would be expected but it’s a BIG IF.
  • Options
    As peanuts would put it,I’m very hopeful of more drinks today with Lily The Pink Exeter 3.45
    Also a word on Windswept Girl in the 1.00 at Exeter today as I know the connections.A lot was expected this season but just cannot jump in a race and a very disappointing season so far,everything tried at home and if jumping ok a win would be expected but it’s a BIG IF.

Best of luck Killer.
    Course winner - got to have a tickle.
  • Options
    Bad luck Killer. Great run though, both a mile clear and nowt to split 'em.
    Next time.
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts, I can't complain with that run. 
    Zee Man got a couple entries next week at Ayr and Musselburgh in the Northern Lights qualifers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a tip but a horse I have been following and that is Poetic Force in the Wolverhampton 6.30.

The gelding is 4 from 7 at Wolverhampton and back down to a decent mark. Would be happier if this wasn't a Class 3 and if PF was stepped back up even further in trip but I am convinced that this is an accident waiting to happen! So, at 12/1 (was 16/1) happy to have an interest today. On the nose too because EW isn't really an option given that it is 7 runners so first two only.
    It's entered in the Wolverhampton 8.15 on Saturday - a Class 4 race over a slightly further trip. Just raiding the piggy bank to see what I can get together!
    Not been declared for Saturday. Not totally surprised, especially if the next run is to be a typical Tony Carroll plot, because Poetic Force's recent wins have been following an absence of three or four weeks
    Entered in Lingfield 11.45 tomorrow:

Class 4 - tick
    !m 2f - tick
    Price: 11/1 - tick
    Will to win? - hopefully a tick!!!
  • Options
    Well that wasn't very good was it! Not helped by not getting any cover and having to go the scenic route but not good enough on the day.
  • Options
    Another of my horses Le Coeur Net runs today,Hereford 3.20.He is a rock solid gives it all horse which is all you can ask for,trouble is with that is his  mark keeps creeping up and takes even longer to drop.Anthony thinks he is at best a solid 120 rated horse so a lot on today but who knows.
    Zee Man declared at Ayr tomorrow and if he wins he qualifies for the Final and a placed run should achieve that too
  • Options
    Good luck with Zee Man today, Killer.
  • Options
    Zee Man Ayr 1.55 today
    Thoughts I’ve received from Olly are that the galloping track and extra two furlongs will help and we will find out if the step up in class is too much for him.
    My view is it certainly looks a poor and winnable race but I won’t be backing him at that price.
  • Options
    @killer kish hoping Zee Man is ok.

• Options

Yes all ok, from Olly on course. He will update when they get back to the stables. 
    I wonder if he’ll be having an influx of horses from County Meath in the next week or so !
  • Options

Yes all ok, from Olly on course. He will update when they get back to the stables. 
    I wonder if he’ll be having an influx of horses from County Meath in the next week or so !
    Have you a good reason for disliking Olly or is it just because he used to be Elliots assistant?