Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Up there and then nowhere near the legs for it and fell back
  • CAFCsayer said:
    ^Prince Rock looks way too long for me in the next at Brighton -... 25s on exchange
    Thought the same.
    was my first time at Brighton yesterday.
    I’ve only ever been Lingfield and Sandiwn before and these were always with large groups which really isn’t my thing (group travel restrictions etc). But was just me and the better half yesterday and took the races in as we’re down for a couple of days.
    gotta say, found it the most enjoyable out of the 3 I’ve been to.
    What’s peoples views on betting on phone while at the races. My only winner drifted from 7/1 when I put it on on course but won at 9s.
    frustrating but for me betting with on course bookie is part of the day.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    ^Prince Rock looks way too long for me in the next at Brighton -... 25s on exchange
    Thought the same.
    was my first time at Brighton yesterday.
    I’ve only ever been Lingfield and Sandiwn before and these were always with large groups which really isn’t my thing (group travel restrictions etc). But was just me and the better half yesterday and took the races in as we’re down for a couple of days.
    gotta say, found it the most enjoyable out of the 3 I’ve been to.
    What’s peoples views on betting on phone while at the races. My only winner drifted from 7/1 when I put it on on course but won at 9s.
    frustrating but for me betting with on course bookie is part of the day.
    Agree - the bookie and punter can see the whites of each others' eyes! Good banter as well.
    The reality is though that you are actually betting on the exchanges!

• 100/1 winner at Leicester followed 5 mins later by a 200/1 winner at Ripon. Cmon, who had the double?
  • Not the same as the above mentioned double but on colossus they have a win6 bet at one meeting per day and hasn't been won for ages so today at Windsor the pot is upto 60k.Obviously as bet says you need winner of first 6 races.
    So far I'm 3 from 3 and only 60 tickets left of which I have two of them! 
  • Well that was short lived!!!!!!!!!
    Out in the fourth race, second! 
    Only 3.39 tickets left so doubt if it will won again?! 
  • The jackpot was won today so what do I know!!!
    I got 5 out of 6 and got £103 consolation
    One winning ticket got 50k
  • Is it free to play? Surely the acca on them first 6 races was more than 50k/1
  • You can play for 20p,50p,£1 or £2 a line and do as many lines as you want.

• Sponsored links:

• Brighton today. 
    Picked a great day for it mate, glorious at the course today...& some enjoyable racing, not often you see a dead heat!
  • Yesterday's Oaks was won (Snowfall) by a record margin of 16 lengths. What DOES O'Brien use to feed his horses ? .. and Dettori's gotta be a 6 Shredded Wheat a day man ((:>)
  • If it was trained by Baffert we would certainly know what he was feeding them!!!!! 
  • Third realm for the derby
  • Youth Spirit e/w for me
  • That was seriously impressive 
  • Nice little forecast for me Soto Sizzler and Midnights Legacy
  • Adayar was broken in by Adam Kirby, I wonder if that gave the horse and rider a special relationship ? ..  Adayar had no hesitation in going for that slender gap along the rail when asked.  Charlie Appleby had no hesitation in jocking Oisin Murphy, the reigning champion jockey, off Adayar and replacing him with Kirby who gave the horse a terrific ride. Only one Derby entry from Coolmore instead of the usual half dozen. Godolphin had three in the race
  • I now watch horse racing for the love of the sport and don't gamble other than mainly  free ITV 7 bets.

I was cheering on Adam Kirby and Adayar.
    Seeing it go from 40/1 to 16/1 in 15 minutes was interesting and since watching the tall Jockey Kirby win races a decade ago when I was at my nearest course at Lingfield with my £5 or £10 stake, I have stayed loyal to him despite his ups and downs, injuries and weight issues. 

As I said to my son when he said why didn't I put a fiver on when it was 40/1 as it was the Derby; if I had Adayar would have got trapped on the rails and wouldn't have had the space to go clear. 

Denise Coates the genius lady of online bookmakers bet 365 apparently had a salary of 422 million and dividends of £48 million in 2020!

That makes for millions of mug punters all over the world. :#

• Carlisle 305
    Fircombe Hall

How did they sanction that name? 😂😂😂

• Sponsored links:

• Just googled. A glamping site in Lincolnshire. Nice name lol 
  • Carlisle 305
    Fircombe Hall

Boom!! 
  • Carlisle 305
    Fircombe Hall

Boom!! 
    I had a quid (literally) for the sake of it .. not too often a 5/1 for the sake of it bet comes up lol 
  • Anyone had a bet today?

I fancy Chindit in the St James Palace.
  • Gisburn in the Coventry 
  • Order of Australia (EW) in the first - for the each-way filth merchants!!
  • bobmunro said:
    Order of Australia (EW) in the first - for the each-way filth merchants!!
    Got a £50 free bet from Paddy’s for that race so that was my choice on the nose to make it interesting 
  • Done sleeping lion ew solely because a Millwall fan who drinks in my local passed away yesterday.
  • Bataash to do the biz in the next
  • bollocks